Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjpcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdcolor_(resized).jpg
dmdblackandwhite_(resized).jpg
IMG_3061_(resized).JPG
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

but I dont understand why every machine I have seen has been setup slow and floaty. Is there something to hide?

There is just WAY too much uninterrupted horizontal real estate in the playfield. There is no way you can counteract the effect of this layout, no matter how you set up the game. And I have tried. We have a Hobbit on location that I was able to tweak. I greatly increased the pitch, as well as the strength of the flippers and kicker coils. While this did help, it still felt at times like you were courtside watching two old men play tennis. Back... And forth....Back..... And forth. Much of this would have been mitigated had it not been made a wide body.

Still, TH is gorgeous, and the best sounding game I have ever heard. The display is amazing. I think it will succeed for folks that don't mind a slower, cerebral, quest-like pinball experience.

I much prefer a visceral, fast, furious, fun,and intense pinball experience, but am thrilled to have access to TH on location.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

How is it earning? I'm asking because the one near me has been filling up the cash box.

I'm sure it will earn great. WoZ is there too and it was the best earner on the few occasions that it wasn't broken.

1 month later
#204 7 years ago

We are very fortunate to have both at Cactus Jack's. THe Hobbit calls to you across the arcade because it's so darn beautiful, but unfortunately about 2-3 minutes in to the game I find myself daydreaming about playing GB. I guess I'm sort of an adrenalin junkie when it comes to pins.

That said, the hammered armor on TH is amazing and is by far my favorite aspect of the machine. Does anyone know if there is any version of this armor that would look good on AC/DC? I hate that slippery red powdercoat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-played-both-ghostbusters-and-hobbit?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.