IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
IMG_0463 (resized).JPG
IMG_0462 (resized).JPG
IMG_0461 (resized).JPG
KIMG0379 (resized).JPG
IMG_6334 (resized).PNG
20160903_111537 (resized).jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

With the weather turning nice here on the East Coast it is time to get out on the water. Who's into pins and boating? From April though October, you will find me out on the Bay eating crabs and chilling on the boat. If you are out on the Bay, hit me up and we can raft up.

Intent is to have a good conversation of boats in all shapes and sizes and everything that goes with it. This is not a thread to measure bank accounts or egos.

#2 6 years ago

I just opened up my cottage last weekend for the summer. Cant wait to get my boat in the water. She a 2000 but still runs like she was new ..

photo (resized).JPGphoto (resized).JPG
DSC01877 (resized).JPGDSC01877 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

I have her in ship-shape and ready to go for the season. Will have to eat some crabs and watch the Preakness at The Pointe on Saturday.

IMG_0524 (resized).JPGIMG_0524 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

That is an awesome boat, Superbee! Bombardier makes a great jet boat. How is the water temperature in Canada at this time of year?

#5 6 years ago

View from my home lake. I love wakeboarding more than pinball.

lake pic (resized).jpglake pic (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

I have an Axis A22 Vandal wakeboard boat. We just opened up camp and I'll be getting the boat out of storage within the next week or two.

#7 6 years ago

What a view! I know we were talking boats in the other thread. What type of wake boarding boat do you have?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

That is an awesome boat, Superbee! Bombardier makes a great jet boat. How is the water temperature in Canada at this time of year?

Thanks, Its a twin engine 16 ft so she really goes . Water up here is still very cold. Its been a pretty cool spring. Probably mid june before any swimming in the lake.

#9 6 years ago

SUPERBEE I worked at a boat dealership in high school right when Bombardier came out with those boats. They are awesome and will move like nothing else out there. Water temp in Annapolis is 64 now so it is cool but you can go in if you want. It will get into the mid 70's here in a few weeks.

#10 6 years ago

Nice. If i was to jump into my lake now it would pretty much be stroke or heart attack time ! lol

#11 6 years ago

I have 2003 mastercraft X2. 1600 hundred hours on that bad boy with 3000 pounds of lead. It is time for a new boat but the prices are give me an ulcer.

IMG_3494 (resized).JPGIMG_3494 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago

IMG_0595 (resized).JPGIMG_0595 (resized).JPG

IMG_3626 (resized).JPGIMG_3626 (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

Years ago, I sailed sunfishes, it's been years since the last time I've taken one out. Just recently bought one on the cheap with a trailer. 1979 AMF. Got her a new sail and everything. Should be a fun summer out in the bay!

IMG_6108 (resized).JPGIMG_6108 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

I'm into boating..motor boating! Giggitty giggitty..

IMG_1138 (resized).pngIMG_1138 (resized).png

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have her in ship-shape and ready to go for the season. Will have to eat some crabs and watch the Preakness at The Pointe on Saturday.

Is that a Chaparral?
I used to have a 2004 31'

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Is that a Chaparral?
I used to have a 2004 31'

2015 Formula 31PC. 33 footer.

Chaparral's are nice boats.

#17 6 years ago

If you can't fish off it, what's the point?

IMG_6294 (resized).JPGIMG_6294 (resized).JPG

#18 6 years ago

I love the engine on this baby.

Sea-Cycle headed into its boathouse (resized).jpgSea-Cycle headed into its boathouse (resized).jpg

Sea-Cycle pic taken from inside its boathouse (resized).jpgSea-Cycle pic taken from inside its boathouse (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

If you can't fish off it, what's the point?

You can fish off any boat. Some are just better designed for fishing than others

#20 6 years ago

I love my YAMI!!!

Pics are the first year of ownership, lots has been done for sound, lights, folding wakeboard racks, Keypass cruise, etc...

some lights https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Yhc5IKcbopoEfS7gbGNSVigWJVjCxAlqeN06RvgnbPO
ignore the music, it was years ago...

Boat1 (resized).JPGBoat1 (resized).JPG
Boat3 (resized).JPGBoat3 (resized).JPG
Boat4 (resized).JPGBoat4 (resized).JPG
Boat5 (resized).JPGBoat5 (resized).JPG

#21 6 years ago

Love me some motor boating

motor boat (resized).jpgmotor boat (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You can fish off any boat. Some are just better designed for fishing than others

I fish from my jet boat all the time. Not the best boat fo fishing but you sure as hell get from spot to spot in a hurry!!

#23 6 years ago

I use to go out fishing in the Inter coastal off Casey Key, Florida or Jet Ski.

Now, youll catch me at the Bar at Pops, nursing a home made bowl of Lobster Chowder, and watching them go by.

If anyones heading through the Gulf, and wants a neat place to launch, LMK.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#24 6 years ago

Looks like a hell of a place to have a bite Art....

#25 6 years ago

It is!

Mango Shrimp Burger.....had Lobster Fondue Yesterday in Venice!

Its throw back 1970's with Drum Circles, Black Sand Beaches, and like 9 miles undeveloped beach.

People come to Dive, collect Sharks teeth, Fish for Snapper, etc. and especially snook.

Come visit, Games in the Garage.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Come visit, Games in the Garage.

Nice , im in !! Is this your place ?

#27 6 years ago

Our new Party Barge will be delivered to our dealership on the 24th. Hopefully we'll be on the water for Memorial weekend.

PARTY-BARGE-24-XP3_img166554_900 (resized).jpgPARTY-BARGE-24-XP3_img166554_900 (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

Ok, here are a few for ya at my cottage...
Nice bass..
P9200013 (resized).JPGP9200013 (resized).JPG

My other toys...
toys (resized).JPGtoys (resized).JPG

My daughter and friend on the dock...
Toronto-20130712-00353 (resized).jpgToronto-20130712-00353 (resized).jpg

Toronto-20130712-00351 (resized).jpgToronto-20130712-00351 (resized).jpg

Me trying to relive my youth ...
I know where Kayla get it from (resized).JPGI know where Kayla get it from (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Our new Party Barge will be delivered to our dealership on the 24th. Hopefully we'll be on the water for Memorial weekend.

Party barges rule !!!!!!!!

#30 6 years ago

People that say the two best days of a boater is when they buy it and sell it are doing it wrong. Boating with the family and friends is the best thing in the world.

Plus, if you do some tax diligence and buy a boat that qualifies: BAM! It is considered a second house.

#31 6 years ago

I like those two 90 or 91 Sea Doos you have, Superbee! Those things are built like a tank. I had a 92.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Ok, here are a few for ya at my cottage...
Nice bass..

My other toys...

My daughter and friend on the dock...

Me trying to relive my youth ...

Great pics!

My Place, Modest Retirement...around $150K, 2 miles from Beach.
Great Place to Retire!

This is whats on the Island....I can see the Trees, or walk on their beach.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I like those two 90 or 91 Sea Doos you have, Superbee! Those things are built like a tank. I had a 92.

You nailed it buddy, one is a 90 and the other is a 92. I keep them around for people that dont want too much power. The other two are 2004 seadoo 3Ds. they only made them for two years. Very cool and quite fast. You can ride them stand up, sit down like a go cart(with a seperate seat ) or you pull out a banana seat from under the main steering arm and ride it like a motorcycle. Very fun stuff !!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Great pics!

My Place, Modest Retirement...around $150K, 2 miles from Beach.
Great Place to Retire!

This is whats on the Island....I can see the Trees, or walk on their beach

Thanks Art,
Love your place. Next time im heading to your area, im certainly going to let you know.

#35 6 years ago

11146100_943613355695764_657397842255861824_o (resized).jpg11146100_943613355695764_657397842255861824_o (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago

This is why I only have one pin so far. Got to feed these two beasts! Picture of the engine compartment from when Formula was laying the hull. You have a 7.5kW generator tucked in and the fire suppression system.

DSC09829 (resized).jpegDSC09829 (resized).jpeg

#37 6 years ago

You will never kill those two Sea Doos from the 90s. Those Rotax engines will outlive us all. I have not been on the 3Ds but those look wild. Thanks for sharing!

#38 6 years ago

No hobby more expensive than boating but it's worth every dollar when you consider the number of fun times, laughs and natural beauty we experience... Been living the sea life with the family every weekend in the summers for many years.

Get in the car on Friday afternoon, head down to the shore, grab a cocktail on the dock, catch-up with friends and let a fun weekend just unfold. Really nothing else like it... Long time Searay boat owner btw as well as a Sea Doo RXT and 9.5' dinghy.

#39 6 years ago

Great place, Art! I like your style.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This is why I only have one pin so far. Got to feed these two beasts! Picture of the engine compartment from when Formula was laying the hull. You have a 7.5kW generator tucked in and the fire suppression system.

Dude.... that is just pure unbiased badassness !!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 6 years ago

Thanks! I know shit for motors but it looks awesome. They tried to get me up to the 8.4 Magnums but a) the boat is plenty fast for what is is (cabin cruiser weighing 16,000 pounds dry and still hits 46 knots and) b) that would add another 100K to the deal. A boat in my marina has the magnum package and it is insane. His boat is a little different (same length, but narrower and different configuration) than mine but hits 62!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You will never kill those two Sea Doos from the 90s. Those Rotax engines will outlive us all. I have not been on the 3Ds but those look wild. Thanks for sharing!

Nope, you could pour sugar down the gas tank on them old beasts and i think they would still run lol . Yeah, the 3Ds are a hoot !!! Check out this video...

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

No hobby more expensive than boating but it's worth every dollar when you consider the number of fun times, laughs and beuty we experience... Been living the sea life with the family every weekend in the summers for many years.

Get in the car on Friday afternoon, head down to the shore, grab a cocktail on the dock, catch-up with friends and let a fun weekend just unfold. Really nothing else like it... Long time Searay boat owner btw as well as a Sea Doo RXT and 9.5' dinghy.

Couldnt agree more my friend !!

#44 6 years ago

That video is insane! There are a couple of guys that have stand up jet skis that I will go throw up a wake for them. At about 10-12, we can put up about a 4-5 ft wake at the back. They go do backflips off the wake. Awesome to watch.

#45 6 years ago

Hey @radrog, what do you have in that sweet ass Cigarette? What year is that one?

#46 6 years ago

For the record... I did get my jet boat completely in the air once.. My buddy was watching me hit waves from another boat and said that the ass end of the boat came out of the water about 4 inches .. Just saying...

#47 6 years ago

Took the sunfish out yesterday on her maiden voyage (with us anyway). It was my first time sailing in well over a decade. I forgot how peppy these little guys are! A couple of light gusts, and we were cruising! Shout out to my fiance who was a trouper, and definitely got hit by the spar more than once as we were tacking (I should probably be a little more vocal about direction changes next time).

IMG_6165 (resized).JPGIMG_6165 (resized).JPG

#48 6 years ago

Although I'm only a few miles from the beach, this is all I can afford. It stores easy, uses no gas and goes 60 mph on a good day though.

IMG_3754 (resized).JPGIMG_3754 (resized).JPG

I guess I have a few kayaks too, but I don't get often as I use to.

Craigsfish (resized).JPGCraigsfish (resized).JPG

#49 6 years ago

Swingboat!

IMG_0841 (resized).JPGIMG_0841 (resized).JPG

#50 6 years ago

Just a few

bass3 (resized).jpgbass3 (resized).jpg

bigrock (resized).jpgbigrock (resized).jpg

bigtog (resized).jpgbigtog (resized).jpg

canada (resized).jpgcanada (resized).jpg

longfin (resized).jpglongfin (resized).jpg

s2 (resized).jpgs2 (resized).jpg

yak (2) (resized).jpgyak (2) (resized).jpg

tracker (resized).jpegtracker (resized).jpeg

trophy (resized).jpgtrophy (resized).jpg

smb4 (resized).jpgsmb4 (resized).jpg

tunatorny (resized).jpgtunatorny (resized).jpg

wmo (resized).jpgwmo (resized).jpg

wmo2 (resized).jpgwmo2 (resized).jpg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-into-boating/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.