18%
  • On the wait list and praying. 23 votes
    11%

(212 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2549f68eec2729b921abc2ae674dbe22.jpg
2a3a88f82fff9b854b26f2b7206d1210.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry if this has been posted already. I haven't been following most of the RZ threads as I'm not "In" on it but figured I'd pop back in here one more time to share this just in case it hasn't been posted.
To re-iterate my feelings of why I am not "In":
- Will need solid code. Spooky nailed AMH with code but I'm burnt in the code department. No longer buying until I see finished (or at least almost finished) code
- Theme is not a must have for me
- Was not impressed with the build quality of AMH. I know I will get flack for this but it's true in my eyes. I felt a lot of corners were cut and for the price it was bothersome to me as well as the owner of said game. Spooky stated they were upping that aspect on their next games though but we wont know that until production games ship.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/y3qZSQWic5g?autoplay=1&rel=0

I agree with the build quality as I went and looked at a amh this week to purchase and I can understand why you said that .. still tho fun pin and awesome effort for a first pin . I stil may get one even if its not built like a say stern or jjp pin

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

you are nutz. The build quality is on par with everything else out there.

Ok if you say so .... I thought so also until I popped the hood for the first time this week and its definitely comes across as a mix of home brew and factory made. Again not a bad thing Ive owned about every brand of pin and have did complete teardowns of all them and its definitely not as professional. Its just my opinion and the owner and others agreed . Thats not to say its not a solid pin bc it is for a first pin and is fun to play .

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry, man. Not even close to the build quality of other MFG's. Still good for garage built but I look at it for the cost of the machine. For $6K it should be built the same (or better) quality wise as what else is out there for $6K. Here are some examples:
- Screws that are glued back into the under side of the PF. This was done on several mechanisms as well as the slide rail.
- Slide rail, only one rail which is odd enough. PF is fairly light but the one my friend had broke out from where it attached at the front to the PF. Another place hot glue was used with a screw. And no, it didn't happen due to neglect.
- All those damn, stand offs. Stern and JJP use the plastic ones that connect to the plastic. For some reason Spooky had to go with these small metal ones that don't stay put on things.
- Screws put in at angles so that they actually hit wood. This is most prominent with the shooter lane ramp. If they just would drill the hole further to the right it wouldn't be needed. Let's not talk about how the end of that mount is cut to where it protrudes into the hole. This is where most of your ball hang ups happen in that area. Simple 5 mins on a grinder resolved that issue.
- Most of the 3D printed parts are hollow. You will notice this when they start breaking. We went through a dozen or so parts pretty quickly. Spooky's customer support was great and they sent replacements but they are still under built. The most surprising one was the piece that connects to the ball through coil. We finally replaced it with a modified williams unit. No more breaking issues.
- how about that cross over jump ramp. That lane guide leading to it had more bumps and wiggles in it than an old ladys legs full of cottage cheese. Worked on fixing it and quickly realized that they didn't allow for enough room for the screw mounts to allow for it to be smooth.
There's more but, one I don't recall everything as I didn't document it all as we cont to work on things and, two, I'm not trying to get into an argument over this.
My experience with AMH is that, for the cost of the machine, it is under built. At $4K, it wouldn't have been such as an issue but at $6K I would expect a lot more fit and finish. Spooky customer support is great but I still wont buy until I see a major improvement along these lines. They could have very well addressed all these problems but until I see it I'm out for good, no matter what the theme may be. AMH will probably always hold it's value due to the limit of 150 games though.

Thanks you saved me alot of elaborating lol.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Surprised at how many passed, $1000 down and don't have to pay a dime until it ships???? What's there to lose?

Not every pin is for someone expecially for around 6500. Im on the second list , im pretty sure it wont get to me anyhow . Even if it did , I would pass as there are many other pins id purchase other than this.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

RZ has that same "kit car" vibe to it that AMH does and appears to have far less toys in it then AMH. More people will backout when they realize what they are getting for $6k. A Stern MET Pro LED offers far more value in terms of features / toys, artwork, build quality, etc and can be shipped to your home for under $5k.

Yea I was also gonna say amh has more actual toys and mechs than the rz pin . Id say lots of the budget went to the artwork and license unlike amh. Glad there is another company and happy for them doing that license . Looking fwd to playing one at a show or friends. I say The More pinball the better

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Sorry for two in a row, almost missed this...

Let's see here:
AMH has a ghost, the door and the Hellevator.
RZ has the robot, Captain Spaulding, and a mini-playfield.
I feel like the two line up nearly exactly. The robot and ghost are both not directly interactive, they just move around. From what I can tell, it looks like the robot does more motion, as it goes back and forth and shakes, where the ghost just went back and forth.
The door blocks a shot until you hit it enough, and so does Captain Spaulding. Same thing.
The Hellevator and the mini-playfield are both things that are interactive with the ball.
Seems about the same to me.
If you would argue that AMH has the moving three target bank, I think the drop target is similar in nature.
It's also a similar amount of stuff in it as recent Sterns have if not more. Metallica has in the way of what I would count toys Sparky and the snake. Beyond that... ramps, spinners, cool stuff... but NOT specific new toys. Iron Man has the Monger.
Now, I'm not trying to compare them for fun factor - I don't think anything will ever beat IM for me in the way of how much I love it - but I don't understand the argument that some people are suddenly making that this game is way stripped down. It's just not.

There is a full color display with full color animation in RZ. If I'm sticking a colored DMD in a game versus a color DMD, that's probably a $200 price increase in parts alone. Add to that this game has INSANE animations (I honestly don't know how they did them), and I don't feel like RZ has had anything cut from it.

This part I do agree with you fully on. The more the merrier, I say! But I feel like the pricing of this is perfect in the market right now, if not a little on the cheap side for what they are doing. I wish them continued success, and I think that what they have pulled off so far is absolutely amazing.

You forgot amh has a magnet and two scoops and subway also and the motorized 3 target bank is much better than a single drop target imo. The color dmd is nice but dont do anything with game play except for video mode

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have never once considered a scoop or subway a "toy". I mean, then Popeye has insane amounts of toys as it has three scoops on the bottom of it. It's a shot.
Magnets I find debatable. Would you say that the Monger on IM is two toys because it is a thing you hit and a magnet? I wouldn't - I'd call it one toy, in which case the ghost with magnet would be one toy.
Motorized target versus drop target is definitely up for debate as to which is more fun, but I think it just simply depends on how the game works. In general, motorized target banks have been used to better effect through time, while drop targets can be hit or miss.

Yeah, but you said, "Id say lots of the budget went to the artwork and license unlike amh." The color DMD isn't affecting gameplay I agree, but I find it very hard to look at RZ and AMH and argue that RZ looks in any way cost cut. I don't understand how they're affording to do it, actually.

In my post I said actual toys and mechs which why I mentioned the other stuff . Im not trying to hate on anything or argue with you at all but its natural they didn't put as much into the actual gameplay and design bc alot of the budget is in the license , art and display . Imo amh has more into the actual play field then the art , no license and display ,it only makes sense. I went to buy a amh this week for a pretty good price considering what ones on here are listed for but after really looking it over and checking out under the hood im not sure its for me and worth 6-6500 . Anyhow im not going to be in on rz even if I was called, so gl to all who get the new pin over the next few years . Ill be looking to check it out at a show .

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This thread is about who's in or out. Let's keep it to that.

Lol thats funny coming from you ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-in-out-on-rob-zombie-poll?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.