18%
  • On the wait list and praying. 23 votes
    11%

(212 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2549f68eec2729b921abc2ae674dbe22.jpg
2a3a88f82fff9b854b26f2b7206d1210.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

He's not nuts, anyone who thinks AMH is as well built/professional feeling as Met or TWD as two examples, it's not even close.
I'm not saying AMH is a bad game, but it does look like a 'kit car' when put next to an actual production car. Now, kit cars are fine and fun but if you can't tell the difference between a kit car and a production car you need your eyes examined.

IMO AMH looks homebrew due to the toys and art...something that's not an issue with RZ. We've seen plenty of debates about, for example, Stern games feeling less professional than B/W, but that perception has diminished as the game play has proven itself. I'd image the same will happen with RZ... the game will be lighter because there isn't a lot of hardware mechs on the playfield but that doesn't necessarily imply the game will be cheaply made.

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

RZ has that same "kit car" vibe to it that AMH does and appears to have far less toys in it then AMH. More people will backout when they realize what they are getting for $6k. A Stern MET Pro LED offers far more value in terms of features / toys, artwork, build quality, etc and can be shipped to your home for under $5k.

MET is a great pin, but it also lacks upgrades such as color LCD and Flipper Fidelity speakers that RZ gets. Ultimately a direct comparison doesn't really matter all that much... throwing in extra ramps, toys, and mechs is not a guarantee of increasing the fun factor. I have games I paid $500 for that are more fun than ones costing $5000.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

You've been around for the reveals of GOT and the first Hobbit playfield and call what RZ received harsh?

In those two cases JJP and Stern did significant rework on the playfield art as a result of the criticism. I suppose that's the difference between a tiny captive audience and a desire to sell a lot more.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I heard the LE was because the artist wanted to do 2 and the $500 up charge was to cover the cost of that.

That makes no sense to me.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think it was silly to have an LE at all.
Surely 300 is limited as it is.
Now you have people pissed they didn't get an "LE". (First world problem there...)
IMO it would have been better to offer options...
- Dragula translite signed by artist + $200 (only available to purchasers)
- color trim + $200
That sort of thing.
rd

I'm with you, and Spooky might have done that if profit was their motive. In general I'm not a fan of any LE product model because it leads to over-paying, forced competition and buying site unseen .... RZ is more like two tiers of LE, one tier to reward a subset of loyal customers and the other a result of limited production capacity. It intentionally leads to increased loyalty, even if it pisses some off. Spooky doesn't want tire kickers, they want a loyal customer base.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Sorry. Listen to the podcasts.

The artist wanted to spend time on a second translite rather than adding detail to the playfield? I like to imagine what the game would have been with either translite on the on the playfield.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Out. I have a general rule of not bringing creepy Satanic stuff into the house. That being said, I think the quality of the artwork is incredible.

Says the guy with a creepy martian avatar with an external brain, sharp fangs and evil red glowing eyes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-in-out-on-rob-zombie-poll?tu=baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.