IMG_20171012_222011661 (resized).jpg
17282 (resized).jpeg
17284 (resized).jpeg
6c09a5c77e0c8bfd8291a29446f38469 (resized).jpg
potc77 (resized).PNG
potc88 (resized).PNG
potc44 (resized).PNG
potc55 (resized).PNG
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea thats part of my issue also with potc but not a deal killer.... also how about that the right ramp that goes to the upper playfield every time ....and it also goes up there sometimes from underneath or behind? People complained a lot about g.o.t doing this and potc does it as much or more so which will get old very quickly imo. I wish there was a diverter so it didnt go up there every time. I have some other quirks also but thats the main ones.

Didn't even realize that. It doesn't bother me on my GOT because there IS a diverter that sometimes catches the ball and sends it up, and sometimes allows a full orbit shot. I'm excited to play POTC at the first opportunity, though. Looks like fun.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Well you just ruined the CE for me...
How would you describe the barnacle trim?

Scabs.

#203 6 years ago

It looks like a great game and I am looking forward to playing it once it lands in the Bay Area!

Marc

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All models have the rgb gi lighting dont they?

Yes they do.

LTG : )

Edit. Bigd1979 pointed out the standard doesn't. My apologies.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes they do.

Actually looks like the standard dont have the rgb gi.....

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

DI is an amazing game. It's just too annoying to have in my collection, IMO. Pirates is an amazing game so far, but the fake pirate voice every 5 seconds and lack of movie music and clips is a dealbreaker for me (as is the price). Can't wait to play somebody else's, though, because like all JJP games, it's freaking gorgeous.

I hear ya on the lack of voice and video clips featuring the actors but due to how awesome the game looks and all of the mechanical features maybe it won't impact the game as much as we think

I don't want a pinball machine to be a glorified blu ray player either but quick video clips from the movies are cool to see in a licensed game, as is audio from the actors in the film. Both help immerse the player in the games world.

I like the POTC films and a big reason for that is because of all the actors involved. Those actors and the characters they portray make the movies. Not being able to hear Jack, Elizabeth, Davy Jones, etc in the game is a downer for me. If either Ghostbusters or The Hobbit didn't feature the voices from the characters I wouldn't have bought them. However, due to just how damn cool POTC looks and the unique layout / mechanical features of the game I can still see purchasing an LE. For now I'm just going to keep following how the code progresses and play the game before making a purchase decision.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

So know one has even played this game and are already purchasing it? This is nuts.

I know some of the people posting that they are getting one, have played it at Expo.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually looks like the standard dont have the rgb gi.....

Lame. On a Stern Pro I usually get the cost cutting, it's harder to swallow features being dropped on a $8500 game. Armor and pop bumper sculpts and toppers? Whatever. Not having the color changing GI though, that's a gameplay feature for me, personally. Even Stern's 3 color GI on games like Metallica makes a huge difference, Fade to Black wouldn't be the same without the blue GI effect.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya on the lack of voice and video clips featuring the actors but due to how awesome the game looks and all of the mechanical features maybe it won't impact the game as much as we think
I don't want a pinball machine to be a glorified blu ray player either but quick video clips from the movies are cool to see in a licensed game, as is audio from the actors in the film. Both help immerse the player in the games world.
I like the POTC films and a big reason for that is because of all the actors involved. Those actors and the characters they portray make the movies. Not being able to hear Jack, Elizabeth, Davy Jones, etc in the game is a downer for me. If either Ghostbusters or The Hobbit didn't feature the voices from the characters I wouldn't have bought them. However, due to just how damn cool POTC looks and the unique layout / mechanical features of the game I can still see purchasing an LE. For now I'm just going to keep following how the code progresses and play the game before making a purchase decision.

I don't mind the lack of clips (although that seems like a waste considering the massive LCD), but not having the music score and audio clips is a minus.

LOTR is the shining example of how to use custom callouts and movie audio together. It's perfection.

#210 6 years ago

Man if I had an inkling of this machine, I would have skipped my Dialed In only having gotten it two weeks ago . I'm much more into Pirates as theme than DI.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Man if I had an inkling of this machine, I would have skipped my Dialed In only having gotten it two weeks ago . I'm much more into Pirates as theme than DI.

Yikes! Really? Sorry you were in Oz.
Pirates was rumored as a potential JJP title for some time now.
Many DI owners seem to really be enjoying their games so far.

#212 6 years ago

I love my DI, it's never leaving the collection!

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yikes! Really? Sorry you were in Oz.
Pirates was rumored as a potential JJP title for some time now.
Many DI owners seem to really be enjoying their games so far.

Yeah I've been too busy to notice myself -after years of being right amongst it and no tip offs from the importer till dropping today that they will have a sample here for a pinball event this weekend interstate!

Quoted from tryton1000:

I love my DI, it's never leaving the collection!

Yeah I'm afraid I don't feel that kind of loyalty to my DI, just such a randomly themed game for my liking, haven't fallen in love with it and not really playing it much at all sadly.

#214 6 years ago

Yeah I'm afraid I don't feel that kind of loyalty to my DI, just such a randomly themed game for my liking, haven't fallen in love with it and not really playing it much at all sadly.

Put it up for sale, I'm sure you'll get lots of interest or, even better, put it out on route.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Put it up for sale, I'm sure you'll get lots of interest or, even better, put it out on route.

Yeah cheers, I'm contemplating a sale now. I've already offered for trade on SW Premium, but I can't see that happening locally and frankly POTC is more appealing now anyway. As for route, I never operated machines, don't have the time or inclination although I do own a couple of venues.

#216 6 years ago

I played it and flip out all weekend with my wife and kids, game plays fantastic 13 yr old daughter says it's a must she wouldn't leave it alone . I want Le but wife want ce so we have gone the ce on this one

#217 6 years ago

I’m still on the fence on this one. Want to support jjp, but they aren’t making it easy. I have 6 months to think about and get some time on it. The upper play field doesn’t look like it does much, kind of a cross between wpt and IJ, likely code issue at this point.

While the game has endless paths and modes to play, we’ve seen with the hobbit that might not be good...we will see.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m still on the fence on this one. Want to support jjp, but they aren’t making it easy. I have 6 months to think about and get some time on it. The upper play field doesn’t look like it does much, kind of a cross between wpt and IJ, likely code issue at this point.
While the game has endless paths and modes to play, we’ve seen with the hobbit that might not be good...we will see.

Yea i have a early deposit down like many but still not sold on it bc of certain things. Will see how things pan out over the next 6-8
months but with so many great titles coming out for much less its hard to say what ill do.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The mini playfield on Pirates is very interactive compared to most mini playfields. It rocks back and forth, has 3 shots on it, 1 of the shots goes to the canon which is then controlled by the player at the lockdown bar button, and the canon shoots across the playfield to another ship. Also, Keith will program some very interesting and unique rules for it. Seems like one of the most interactive mini playfields ever made.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The mini playfield on Pirates seems to be very interactive compared to most mini playfields. It rocks back and forth, has 3 shots on it, 1 of the shots goes to the canon which is then controlled by the player at the lockdown bar button, and the canon shoots across the playfield to another ship. Also, Keith will program some very interesting and unique rules for it. Seems like one of the most interactive mini playfields ever made.

Its still a mini playfield and its up there all the time......

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The mini playfield on Pirates is very interactive compared to most mini playfields. It rocks back and forth, has 3 shots on it, 1 of the shots goes to the canon which is then controlled by the player at the lockdown bar button, and the canon shoots across the playfield to another ship. Also, Keith will program some very interesting and unique rules for it. Seems like one of the most interactive mini playfields ever made.

Does It work like IJ mini playfield? It rotates to left when you flip left and right when you flip right?

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

he upper play field doesn’t look like it does much, kind of a cross between wpt and IJ, likely code issue at this point.

I think the upper playfield is more like TSPP.

You get up there frequently because it ain't easy to make the shots you need when you're there. And once you finally light the cannon, you need to load the cannon. And then you have to actually score the cannon shot.

I think it does a lot. It looks like you need to make a lot of trips up there to get things done.

#223 6 years ago

12 people are in for the whiteboard?

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

12 people are in for the whiteboard?

That was a mistake on my part on the poll... not sure y it received votes lol...

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does It work like IJ mini playfield? It rotates to left when you flip left and right when you flip right?

No, it is not controlled by the player. Maybe it could be in some mode but as far as I have seen it rocks independently, just like the ocean

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-in-on-the-new-potc/page/5?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.