IMG_20171012_222011661 (resized).jpg
17282 (resized).jpeg
17284 (resized).jpeg
6c09a5c77e0c8bfd8291a29446f38469 (resized).jpg
potc77 (resized).PNG
potc88 (resized).PNG
potc44 (resized).PNG
potc55 (resized).PNG
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 6 years ago

At least the CE actually gives you something different and extra in this one.

I just wish the LE wasnt a black wrinkle, stern made that look cheep on pros etc. Even a gloss black or something

#152 6 years ago

I would love to buy one but I can't justify it. I'm selling more cars but my problem is getting enough cash to repurchase cars to sell. I might make 5-8 k in one but them o have to go buy another. My money is still on the road and then there is CODB. And my wife wants to remodel the house. She would kill me.

#153 6 years ago

Add a poll?

#154 6 years ago

Added a poll but the last option screwed up and cant edit .....but theres enough there .

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I really think pirates looks great, but jjp killed the sales of dialed in. Everyone will want the latest and greatest and pirates is definitely that.
Their pricing is really getting out of control. How many people can keep buying 10k pinball machines. Seems like corporate interest is taking over and Jack is taking a smaller role.

Jjp is not killing DI sales but sales pins of others manufacturers. That is the aim.
DI and POTC are way different games. So no issue imho.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I really think pirates looks great, but jjp killed the sales of dialed in. Everyone will want the latest and greatest and pirates is definitely that.
Their pricing is really getting out of control. How many people can keep buying 10k pinball machines. Seems like corporate interest is taking over and Jack is taking a smaller role.

They likely did some damages to Dialed In sales, but in the end I think they were looking to damage CGC sales, Stern LE sales, and other boutique pin sales which I'm pretty sure they gave a good shot across all their bows...

#157 6 years ago

I don’t see POTC killing DI sales. Firstly you have your JJP collectors who will buy every game regardless. Than you have guys who hate widebodys who only have DI to choose from right now. Than you have Pat Lawlor fans who want to own a Lawlor game.

The themes are totally different and plenty of people would rather look at QED or mom’s jeans guy instead of Johnny Depp or Penis Face Monster.

#158 6 years ago

Are you serious? Really?.....Hell yeah, I'm in.....LE#88.....Arrrrrgh!

#159 6 years ago

Does the pin get music of the movies? Can clearly hear in the videos.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I just wish the LE wasnt a black wrinkle, stern made that look cheep on pros etc. Even a gloss black or something

That is easily changed by someone like back alley.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I actually think the stainless of the SE has a higher BOM than the wrinkled black of the LE. But as stated above, you can always have powdercoating done by Matt at BackAlley, who does wonderful work.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does the pin get music of the movies? Can clearly hear in the videos.

Nope. That and the video clips from the movies are the big things that are lacking right now. I hope they're able to fix that.

#162 6 years ago

The black goes with the artwork well imo and looks slick/clean....

#163 6 years ago

Game looks great! I’m in Canada so will be crazy expensive, but our new house will be ready next Summer - perhaps this is a good housewarming present to myself.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The black goes with the artwork well imo and looks slick/clean....

I agree. But it should be powder coated.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. That and the video clips from the movies are the big things that are lacking right now. I hope they're able to fix that.

In the SDTM video of gameplay you can hear some of the music that is in the game now. While not directly from the movie it sounds very fitting. I do hope they get something from the movie at least, even if its just a few bars.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed but i just dont play my stern pros anymore after owning a loaded jjp pin lol.

OK, after playing at the Expo I'll be a seller to purchase. Incredible game.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually think the stainless of the SE has a higher BOM than the wrinkled black of the LE. But as stated above, you can always have powdercoating done by Matt at BackAlley, who does wonderful work.

Wow, I hope so too. Unless it would be a big disappointment.

#168 6 years ago

In on CE most likely.

#169 6 years ago

I'm a little confused.

Will the game being using music and video clips from all of the films?

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree. But it should be powder coated.

It's not? Wasnt DILE?
I think after the ooh and ahh dust settles, JJP may need to clarify a few details on features before folks earmark more Disney dollars.

#171 6 years ago

The black is powdercoat? Its just textured right?

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would love to buy one but I can't justify it. I'm selling more cars but my problem is getting enough cash to repurchase cars to sell. I might make 5-8 k in one but them o have to go buy another. My money is still on the road and then there is CODB. And my wife wants to remodel the house. She would kill me.

Come on zr. We all know that you have more money than Jed Clampett, just buy one!

#173 6 years ago

I posted this in the article below, but I love the uniqueness of some of the character abilities:

Hector Barbossa – Easier Multi-ball Rules
Tia Dalma – Pick Your Chapter Instead of Random Select
Weatherby Swann – Cannot Be Plundered
Henry Turner – Spot Character Always Lit During Chapters
Carina Smyth – More Time for Chapters
Marty – Keep Some Gold After Tortuga Multi-ball
Scrum – Spot One Female Character Per Chapter
Ragetti – Once a Ball, Add a Ball Into Play When a Ball is on the Pearl
Culter Beckett – More Gold
Blackbeard – Longer Multi-ball Ballsaver
Jack Sparrow – Removes “Worst” Mystery Awards
Davy Jones – Liars Dice Bonus
Will Turner – More Combo Time
Joshamee Gibbs – Tortuga More Valuable
Armando Salazar – Save One Ball from a Multi-ball Multi-drain
Cotton – Easier Pearl Motion
James Norrington – Easier Chapter Rules
Angelica – Spot One Male Character Per Chapter
Bootstrap Bill – Easier Chest Rules
Pintel – Spot PIRATE Lanes

http://thisweekinpinball.com/pirates-caribbean-deep-dive-likes-dislikes-code-features/

#174 6 years ago

I think I will have to raise my rates 3 dollars to gets these games for 2018.......either way...I am In for sure.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I think I will have to raise my rates 3 dollars to gets these games for 2018.......either way...I am In for sure.

Yea im gonna have to raise my mowing prices 5-10 a yard lol

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The black is powdercoat? Its just textured right?

My apologies. Just checked the matrix again and it says textured powder coat. My bad. (Of course that could look an awful lot like the wrinkled black on Sterns, but we'll see.)

#177 6 years ago

Take my money now! NOT. Looks like every other machine since 1989 ramp on both sides kickouts here and there. Not much you can change due to the linear feet of a playfield. Someone needs to come up with a different design, maybe something more in the lines of Pythons Circus upright machine. It can't stay like this.

#178 6 years ago

I think there's a lot of inventive new stuff on this machine. Really brilliant design. That's not whats keeping me from buying it.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Take my money now! NOT. Looks like every other machine since 1989 ramp on both sides kickouts here and there. Not much you can change due to the linear feet of a playfield. Someone needs to come up with a different design, maybe something more in the lines of Pythons Circus upright machine. It can't stay like this.

Really? I think its veey different with all the subway entrances, 5 diverters, upper loop and shots, crazy upper playfield and so much more?

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Penis Face Monster

Well you just ruined the CE for me...

How would you describe the barnacle trim?

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I don’t see POTC killing DI sales.
The themes are totally different and plenty of people would rather look at QED or mom’s jeans guy instead of Johnny Depp or Penis Face Monster.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I don’t see POTC killing DI sales. Firstly you have your JJP collectors who will buy every game regardless. Than you have guys who hate widebodys who only have DI to choose from right now. Than you have Pat Lawlor fans who want to own a Lawlor game.

Every pinball machine needs a penis faced monster!

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Should all be the same. As with all my sales, if you are a US Armed Forces Member (past or present) I would be happy to pick up the shipping for you. I also offer a double factory warranty at no charge. That being said, the ce are flying off the shelves. This is not a sales pitch. I have taken more orders on day one for PotC CE than have I total for DICE. Let me know if I can help.

yes, at 12500 flying out the door when it isnt even available. they should have charged 14,500

#184 6 years ago

I would be in without a blink of an eye for the collector's edition...

Pin looks amazing, playfield looks great, toys look like quality, reviews very positive, so far all the checklist was on the right track until I heard no original soundtrack and no original voice call outs and yup Just like that I am now out : ( don't mind paying the 13 k but ALL must be at the highest level. Love JJP and no pin company comes close to their standards, but man just push the barrier just a little further and I would be purchasing all the time.

#185 6 years ago

Looks really cool, but I don't see a toy better than the sinking ship on Stern's version.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I'm selling more cars but my problem is getting enough cash to repurchase cars to sell. I might make 5-8 k in one but them o have to go buy another.

Are you flipping cars? How does that work? Curious. Has to be cheaper than houses.

So as to not derail the discussion...

I'm holding out for Muppets or Wonka '71. Will someone, preferably JJP, please do Wonka?!

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Are you flipping cars? How does that work? Curious. Has to be cheaper than houses.
So as to not derail the discussion...
I'm holding out for Muppets or Wonka '71. Will someone, preferably JJP, please do Wonka?!

U can make some money flipping cars... i use to do it but have moved on to other things. Still have friends that do it and they do well.

#189 6 years ago

PinballSTAR is working hard all weekend taking orders and answering questions... We are one of the largest JJP distributors and tend to take care of all our pre-order customers early due to the volume we buy... Every single one of our DI customers (close to 100) will have their pre-orders fulfilled by this week already ! We welcome new customers to take care of and we don't disappear after the sale - we have the reputation we have for a reason... We also support the hobby - do shows, charity work, have parties, sponsor tournaments and are very active in supporting the hobby.

Have questions or interested in ordering POTC ? Email us - we'll get right back to you day, nights, weekends...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

[email protected]

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

so far all the checklist was on the right track until I heard no original soundtrack and no original voice call outs and yup Just like that I am now out

They record over 1200 original callouts for the game, using a voice actor from the movie, so everything fits together, but because you aren't going to hear some stupid out of context quote from a film that has nothing to do with the gameplay you're out.

It's like people don't even want a game anymore, they just want a big fancy Blu-ray player.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks GREAT but like all JJP games to expensive for me.

I remember back in 1998 when I wanted to get a Harley Davidson, recently got married and bought a house and wife was pregnant money was tight. Guy at work told me "you know what if you want one so bad make it happen" and I did just that I worked longer hours at the Ford dealership and I moonlighted after work when I came home, things worked out.

There's always ways to buy your toys make it happen Paul.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They record over 1200 original callouts for the game, using a voice actor from the movie, so everything fits together, but because you aren't going to hear some stupid out of context quote from a film that has nothing to do with the gameplay you're out.
It's like people don't even want a game anymore, they just want a big fancy Blu-ray player.

This was of course talked about at Expo among all of us that were playing it. We never felt like all that stuff was needed what we seen thus far was amazing and David Thiel again kicked ass on the soundtrack, it sounds just like stuff from the movies all you have to do is change a couple notes here there or tones and it still sounds like the original soundtrack.

Like I said in another thread they hired Gibbs character for the custom speech callouts and it's amazing and there's tons more coming.

Just like Alien Pinball you play as Ripley character and her voice is not in the game on Pirates you're playing as Jack, didn't really feel like it was needed to have his voice with so much other senses overload. Don't judge untill you play it. Really...

I agree with Aurich, this was discussed as we were playing the game. I like the direction they are going with this game.
I don't want to play a movie I want to be immersed in the gameplay. It works !

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed... id rather have good custom stuff that fits a pinball machine.

#194 6 years ago

Taking preorders. Game is amazing. JJP has set some new standards with this one. Email for details.

IMG_0574 (resized).PNGIMG_0574 (resized).PNG

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

but because you aren't going to hear some stupid out of context quote from a film that has nothing to do with the gameplay you're out.

I don't think callouts from a film is "stupid" last I heard the name of the pin is Pirates of the Caribbean so as a buyer this is what I expect! but hey ...you are entitled to your opinion.

Sound track is just as important and along with the rest of the checklist that's what completes a true perfect collector quality machine!

As consumers we cannot lower the bar and expectations of a product, settling is not an option and doing so will just inevitably keep dropping it.

#196 6 years ago

Looks absolutely incredible - I would love to play one eventually. I'm out on this one though - way too much $$ for a theme I'm not into very much. I am still in on DI eventually, not sure I'd be in on Toy Story either but that will be incredible too, I'm sure!

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks absolutely incredible - I would love to play one eventually. I'm out on this one though - way too much $$ for a theme I'm not into very much. I am still in on DI eventually, not sure I'd be in on Toy Story either but that will be incredible too, I'm sure!

U really need to come by and play my dile... it is a awesome pin. I preordered potc but i still have some issues with it that i will wait to see hopefully get resolved. It's crazy how many go crazy over the theme bc di actually plays much better imo and has tons of neat stuff also. Theres nothing that special that potc has that di dont imo but people care so much about contents and theme.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U really need to come by and play my dile... it is a awesome pin. I preordered potc but i still have some issues with it that i will wait to see hopefully get resolved. It's crazy how many go crazy over the theme bc di actually plays much better imo and has tons of neat stuff also. Theres nothing that special that potc has that di dont imo but people care so much about contents and theme.

DI is an amazing game. It's just too annoying to have in my collection, IMO. Pirates is an amazing game so far, but the fake pirate voice every 5 seconds and lack of movie music and clips is a dealbreaker for me (as is the price). Can't wait to play somebody else's, though, because like all JJP games, it's freaking gorgeous.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Definitely! I played it last time I was in Vancouver; I see they have one at VUK but i have not been up to Bethesda in a while. I'm definitely getting one after Houdini, but have to sell something first - having trouble figuring that out! I think the Pirates theme is cool, the game obviously looks amazing, it's just too much for a theme I'm not that into. Houdini, yes. Hobbit, yes, even WOZ, yes. DI is so fun; I'm a big Pat fan so that certainly helps!

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

DI is an amazing game. It's just too annoying to have in my collection, IMO. Pirates is an amazing game so far, but the fake pirate voice every 5 seconds and lack of movie music and clips is a dealbreaker for me (as is the price). Can't wait to play somebody else's, though, because like all JJP games, it's freaking gorgeous.

Yea thats part of my issue also with potc but not a deal killer.... also how about that the right ramp that goes to the upper playfield every time ....and it also goes up there sometimes from underneath or behind? People complained a lot about g.o.t doing this and potc does it as much or more so which will get old very quickly imo. I wish there was a diverter so it didnt go up there every time. I have some other quirks also but thats the main ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-in-on-the-new-potc/page/4?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.