• Le 59 votes
    55%
  • Ce 27 votes
    25%
  • W 13 votes
    12%

(107 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0574 (resized).PNG
BF2303BD-60AC-410D-9699-99B263687AB8 (resized).jpeg
123_1 (resized).jpeg
havaianas-flip-flops-havaianas-brasil-logo-flip-flops-marine-blue (resized).jpg
IMG_20171012_222011661 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171012_205921556_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20171012_205659360_HDR (resized).jpg
17282 (resized).jpeg
17284 (resized).jpeg
6c09a5c77e0c8bfd8291a29446f38469 (resized).jpg
potc77 (resized).PNG
potc88 (resized).PNG
potc44 (resized).PNG
potc55 (resized).PNG

There are 0 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 1 year ago

NIB pricing is so high that we'll have to start seeing depreciation on games. Not enough people can afford to buy all NIB games without selling stuff anymore. There will be a larger secondary market which will lead to lower prices. I bet if I sold my DILE right now, I'd take a $500 hit. And you know what? That's pretty normal in most areas and quite acceptable. Good thing I have no desire to sell...

#102 1 year ago

Ain't going to happen Teekee

IMG_20171012_205921556_HDR (resized).jpg

#103 1 year ago

Me.....CE

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Ain't going to happen Teekee

Yes, I know 12k by Christmas...

#105 1 year ago

This one will go right to #1. Subways, why what a novel idea

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

$2000 less? Wow I think that's going to be a long, long time. This isn't a Hobbit. There are so many people here posting that they want to buy a DI used, that the demand is already there. While fairly new to the hobby, I've never seen a consumer electronic that held its price like pinball. I was shocked at first.

Heck, even WoZ still holds value pretty well. Ruby Reds go for about $8000-8800 used, and they're $9500 new. Standards aren't much cheaper. JJP value holds.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

No surprise to hear this from me, but at those prices......?
Just way too much. I'll buy classic B/W games for x < $8000. $8500 to just even get my foot in the door? This hobby has lost its mind.
No judgment on anyone, but I just cannot even begin to spend that on a machine that I have zero time on. AFM was different - that was childhood love and a solid understanding of the game. This......can't do it. Just can't.
Hope you guys enjoy the game though : )!

Selling my mm is paying for this new potcle pin and my ss is paying for my rrwoz so its more less just upgrading to me lol. Y not ? ...these new pins offer much more in home use and are the future of pinball. Im sure down tge road i can trade back if need be but i doubt that will happen.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Heck, even WoZ still holds value pretty well. Ruby Reds go for about $8000-8800 used, and they're $9500 new. Standards aren't much cheaper. JJP value holds.

Let's not get carried away here

TH is sub $6k and Woz really is holding value
Ok

Either way what does it matter? Gonna take a hit on any pin over $8k when you go to sell it

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow that soon huh?

Dialed In was at the Nashville show last year, so no reason to think JPOTC won't be also.

#110 1 year ago

In on CE here.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really ? I think the price that tz , ss , totan tom and games like that are way up especially in excellent or restored condition. Plus the remakes seem to be effecting some prices .... so im selling them while the getting is good lol. I can always get them down the road again. But man jjp is making some the best games in history imo.... all the toys, features, rgb lighting, quality, code, innovation and great different layouts between every game. I cld actually see me having a all jjp collection at some point .

Oh I wasn't counting DMD as classics. Anyway, we'll see when I get a real look at the thing. Right now they show me a game with a lot of shit happening on it, that doesn't mean it will be good for me or I'll enjoy it. The way a game looks doesn't mean anything.... This could end up being "hook" for all I know. I remember when Stern ruled the world when they put out the pics for GB... That didn't end well.
Love my DI but no fan of Woz... Neither of them or Hobbit would be worth me selling my TZ. Maybe something else though.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Selling my mm is paying for this new potcle pin and my ss is paying for my rrwoz so its more less just upgrading to me lol. Y not ? ...these new pins offer much more in home use and are the future of pinball. Im sure down tge road i can trade back if need be but i doubt that will happen.

Hey, if you can do it, go for it. I have 3 of my keepers, haven't traded anything as I finally realized I am finding my keeper games. That means I have to raise 8500 to get my foot in the door. My truck is 23 years old, and I've been driving it for 19 years. I'll be buying a newer used vehicle for 8500 before I'm buying a box of lights with solenoids and movie clips.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Teekee is right. Gonna happen
Who cares, I don't have the patience and figure on losing at least $2k on secondary market
Which I don't really consider a "loss"

havaianas-flip-flops-havaianas-brasil-logo-flip-flops-marine-blue (resized).jpg

#114 1 year ago

I want the pin, most excited I've been for a new pin ever. I am 100% out. Price is way too high. I have a family, kids, not going to spend their future away on overpriced toys. My MET Pro and NBAFB combined cost much less than JJP pirates. I am permanently priced out of JJP pins.

#115 1 year ago

JJP pins are much nicer though. I'm out on this one for the same reason, but only because I'm saving it for JJP5. I* put $3000 of aftermarket work into my MET and it's ALMOST as nice as my WoZRR was from factory.

*Pinball Refinery put

#116 1 year ago

Does someone know if it will have a discount launch price?

#117 1 year ago

I’m only getting it if the original Yo-ho-ho music plays at some point. Putting your name up, attract more, I don’t care but it’s gotta be in there.

#118 1 year ago

I'm going to have to figure out how to pay for this one....time to get creative!

#119 1 year ago

Really cool SDTM Exclusive flyby of JJP POTC! Better than last night's we did

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Hey, if you can do it, go for it. I have 3 of my keepers, haven't traded anything as I finally realized I am finding my keeper games. That means I have to raise 8500 to get my foot in the door. My truck is 23 years old, and I've been driving it for 19 years. I'll be buying a newer used vehicle for 8500 before I'm buying a box of lights with solenoids and movie clips.

Yea i need lots of new things also lol.... ugh. If i had more room id keep everything but thank goodness 8 -9 is max or id b very poor lol

#121 1 year ago

My DI arrives in about a week. If I like that one as much as I liked my other JJP pins Metallica and ACDC are going away and pirates is coming home this game looks so sweet!

#122 1 year ago

Looks like potc is a winner and a big seller for jjp....

#123 1 year ago

For anyone interested:

DEEP DIVE into Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball by JJP - Likes, Dislikes, Code, Features

http://thisweekinpinball.com/pirates-caribbean-deep-dive-likes-dislikes-code-features/

123_1 (resized).jpeg

#124 1 year ago

Awesome thanks for the videos and overviews

#125 1 year ago

I'm a strong maybe for the LE.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

I might take a look at getting a nice HUO one down the road for about $2000 less... patience is a virtue but as we know new pinball makes most very stupid. I say take advantage of the stupid!

My guess is that it will take a $2k hit by the 3rd or 4th owner...if each owner holds it 2-3 years, you may be looking at 6-9 years before before seeing A sub $8k pirates, at which point it has 5k plus plays...

Just buy a new one..yo ho yolo...

#127 1 year ago

Which dealer has the best price on a CE?

#128 1 year ago

Seriously contemplating it, would have to be an LE though. As been mentioned, I probably would have preferred an LE in stainless and I would have the hardware, base, cleared to my own liking. Unfortunately there are a few too many upgrades to pass on for the LE.

#129 1 year ago

I'm currently in pinball rehab getting off the Stern blow, so I'm new to the JJP love train. I might buy this one, though I'm thinking of waiting for Toy Story. Stern is dead to me after bending me over my $10K BM66 with Alpha code for about a year now. Long live JJP!

#130 1 year ago

Really wish I was in early on a WOZ... before they figured out what they could charge for games. Then i would at least have 1 JJP pin in my collection.

#131 1 year ago

I would be in for an LE if I liked the theme enough to free up a slot for it in my game room. The game looks interesting and fun, but I won't get enough from it without being into the theme. I don't like the pricing, but it is what it is.

I think JJP has raised the bar and will continue to do so, but Toy Story is more likely to be my first JJP game (I'd put Dialed In in that mix, but my wife just can't get into the game) if it seems to be as well integrated with the theme as JJPOTC seems to be.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would be in for an LE if I liked the theme enough to free up a slot for it in my game room. The game looks interesting and fun, but I won't get enough from it without being into the theme. I don't like the pricing, but it is what it is.
I think JJP has raised the bar and will continue to do so, but Toy Story is more likely to be my first JJP game (I'd put Dialed In in that mix, but my wife just can't get into the game) if it seems to be as well integrated with the theme as JJPOTC seems to be.

No matter how great a game shoots I won't buy one at these crazy prices unless I love the theme.

#133 1 year ago

My only real concern right now is the sound. Does it or will it have the original score from the movies along with more movie clips? I'm confident clips will come in future code, but is the music license not part of the deal? Otherwise, it all looks great aside from price.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

I might take a look at getting a nice HUO one down the road for about $2000 less... patience is a virtue but as we know new pinball makes most very stupid. I say take advantage of the stupid!

I hear ya, Teek. But I spend 362 days a year being sensible. And to be honest, it wears me down. All that careful calculation of everything I do before I do it, making sure every decision "stacks up". It's freaking tiring. I keep 3 and a 1/4 days a year specifically for being stoopid and letting my impulses run away with me. Mostly it has ended up with me having more children, but every now and then a purchase of something really cool squeezes in there. I have 2 days left in the current year and, damn it, on one of those days I'm going to BUY THIS PINBALL MACHINE!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

#135 1 year ago

I got 2K burning a hole in my pocket. Who’s got a Black Rose for me?

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

I suspect I'll be in for an LE For my home and I am considering putting one on my route. I really wish JJP would build a "route" model at 6500 -7K. I Think they would sell a ton of them even if they were slightly less interactive than the normal game.

I have some incentive offers for operators. Give me a shout and we can discuss it further.

Sales@kingpingames.net

Christopher

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not entirely cosmetic. Can a shaker be added to a standard? The glass we know you can get for $300. It is nice, though, that gameplay is the same across models.

Yes, the shaker, invisiglass and probably the stand up target decals can probably be added to the standard.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Really cool SDTM Exclusive flyby of JJP POTC! Better than last night's we did
» YouTube video

Carribean?

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Which dealer has the best price on a CE?

Should all be the same. As with all my sales, if you are a US Armed Forces Member (past or present) I would be happy to pick up the shipping for you. I also offer a double factory warranty at no charge. That being said, the ce are flying off the shelves. This is not a sales pitch. I have taken more orders on day one for PotC CE than have I total for DICE. Let me know if I can help.

#140 1 year ago

I really think pirates looks great, but jjp killed the sales of dialed in. Everyone will want the latest and greatest and pirates is definitely that.

Their pricing is really getting out of control. How many people can keep buying 10k pinball machines. Seems like corporate interest is taking over and Jack is taking a smaller role.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I really think pirates looks great, but jjp killed the sales of dialed in. Everyone will want the latest and greatest and pirates is definitely that.
Their pricing is really getting out of control. How many people can keep buying 10k pinball machines. Seems like corporate interest is taking over and Jack is taking a smaller role.

I agree they killed the sales of Dialed in, but I don't agree with your statement about corporate interest. At the end of the day, they need to make money to pay their people and stay alive. It's not easy running a business right and it always costs more than anyone can imagine. Just going to Expo to reveal the game costs a ton. They hired more people and it's had a positive impact on the quality and timelines.......I feel like this company is finally running as it should. Who even knows how much in the hole they really were?? Is $8500-$9500 too much for a pinball machine?? I believe it is, but the market needs to communicate that to JJP first and when they do, I am confident they will adjust accordingly. Congrats JJP!

#142 1 year ago

It looks like a fun game and it is a nice looking machine, but in order to make an educated decision I will hold off until it is released and I have a chance to get some good plays on it. For the pricing it will need to blow my socks off to impress me. The law of substitution comes into play. You could buy two or three great titles for the cost of one JJP POTC. I thought the Hobbit was going to be spectacular and I was disappointed with the gameplay and layout, which goes to show that a shiny new machine is not necessarily a slam dunk. I have some concerns with the spinning disc as well. I can see the playfield having major wear issues and I will be on the side lines watching all of the angry people complain about how their machines are wearing so quickly. Not trying to be pessimistic, just an observation.

#143 1 year ago

Why exactly major wear?

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Why exactly major wear?

I could be wrong but it looks like having two disc within each other spinning that wear is inevitable. Hopefully I am wrong and there will be no wear issues, but the physics of it have me thinking otherwise.

#145 1 year ago

Three discs. And okay I get you now.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I could be wrong but it looks like having two disc within each other spinning that wear is inevitable. Hopefully I am wrong and there will be no wear issues, but the physics of it have me thinking otherwise.

Do the discs have some kind of replaceable texturized decal on the top like Whirlwind to help grip the ball when spinning? Can't really tell from the pics.

#147 1 year ago

I’m in for a CE, haven’t got confirmation on which number yet. Wife told me that if it doesn’t play Yo-ho we’ll have to get a Stearn as well. We’re super excited about most things Disney. If I had to choose Muppets comes before Toy Story. I seriously need Waldorf and Statler heckling me as I play pinball!

BF2303BD-60AC-410D-9699-99B263687AB8 (resized).jpeg

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Should all be the same. As with all my sales, if you are a US Armed Forces Member (past or present) I would be happy to pick up the shipping for you. I also offer a double factory warranty at no charge. That being said, the ce are flying off the shelves. This is not a sales pitch. I have taken more orders on day one for PotC CE than have I total for DICE. Let me know if I can help.

I'm one of them, hopefully that tells Jack something, and congrats to your brother. He just kicked Pat Lawlor's ass

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The se is still awesome witg same gameplay (which is most important) but i defenitly like the extras and the 1k difference is easily worth it imo.

I agree. The jump from SE to LE is a no-brainer in this case.

I'm in on an LE.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm one of them, hopefully that tells Jack something, and congrats to your brother. He just kicked Pat Lawlor's ass

Ha! I was going to say the same thing! Although truthfully, they both designed incredible games with DI and Pirates.......The problem with Pat's is the theme, his games have no testosterone in them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 0 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside