Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-473.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    The Wiz.jpg
    739f39c6a61c743c767b7a2222702774224ae74f.jpg
    johnnydangerously.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

Not blindly buying any pin anymore. Preorder model is stupid. If Pat creates a great pin I'll buy it when it can ship the same day.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Seriously, what are the chances of it being a turd? Name one game, that isn’t a Stern, That PL has designed that is a total turd.

So name the game that's not good but exclude a bunch that certain people say aren't good?

Name a time people haven't earned money in the stock market except those times where people lost money. GO!

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Here is why. PL was given free reign with W/B. He designed the game he wanted. Stern did not and does not allow free reign. Gary has his input and has say over what he wants or doesn’t want. I was told this by one of his designers in a private conversation. I don’t want to start a like/dislike Stern war but compare games from designers who worked for both Stern and W/B. Jack has stated that PL will have the freedom to do as he wants with his game. In fact, if I’m not mistaken, it has already been designed.

I know this happend on CSI for sure. But Pat had his own studio and I *thought* he did what he wanted on the machines, within license reason, and had a lot of free reign. Keith will probably correct that statement if it's incorrect.

Bigger point is the market isn't there to relive the wms days. They made a whole lot of money on pins in those days. They could afford to let a team run and do cool stuff with little risk that the company would fold as a result of it. I've talked to current stern employees and I work with a lot of ex-stern and wms people and it's fun to hear about the glory days. So while I agree Pat is capable of designing great pins I don't think you'll see any company reliving the glory days of WMS. IMO.

#88 9 years ago

I can afford even the most expensive pins but refuse to pay 9k for any pin. I'm not terribly excited to pay 6k for a pin unless it's finished and has no serious design flaws. These prices are making me look back at used pins and other hobbies. I'm taking 10k I might have spent on pins and putting a supercharger, Brembo brakes, new wheels and tires on my toy convertible. They can keep raising prices and I will just watch and shake my head.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-in-on-jjp-3?tu=chessiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.