4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-473.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    The Wiz.jpg
    739f39c6a61c743c767b7a2222702774224ae74f.jpg
    johnnydangerously.jpg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

I can afford even the most expensive pins but refuse to pay 9k for any pin. I'm not terribly excited to pay 6k for a pin unless it's finished and has no serious design flaws.

Same. I did spring for more than that to get my Metallica LE, but it's the only LE I've ever actually wanted, so I splurged a little.

If Pat can tempt me to pay JJP prices it that would mean he's knocked it out the damn park as far as I'm concerned I guess. Hey, tempt me any time man, but these prices still suck.

#102 4 years ago

I'll just point out for those getting all up in arms that we haven't actually asked for any money for game #3.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I'll just point out for those getting all up in arms that we haven't actually asked for any money for game #3.

Bravo, made me laugh

#104 4 years ago

I'm interested in it because I love Lawlor tables. Would love to buy a JJP table but not really into the themes of WOZ and TH. So #3 might be my first from them.

But I would just buy it when it's available to be picked up or delivered right away. I don't see the point in pre-ordering something I would have not played or not know the delivery date.

#105 4 years ago

Im probably not gonna buy #3 even though I like lawlor games because if it follows the trend of the other two jjp games its gonna cost $9500-$10k. If it does Jack needs to come back to reality.

#106 4 years ago

What is the title and has everyone received game#1 that was waiting?

If 10K I am probably out regardless of the title but there are a few titles that would pry cash from my hands.

Either way only buying once it is out and I have played it.

#107 4 years ago

I've been very critical of JJP and had issues with WOZ, but after I've seen JJP retool Hobbit, I will be in on #3 for sure.

#108 4 years ago

When we get feedback from TH owners, I will consider one. Darn it, I lost out on Smaug LE edition? Oh well.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Seriously, what are the chances of it being a turd? Name one game, that isn’t a Stern, That PL has designed that is a total turd.

Addams family

#110 4 years ago

Hand in your pinball machines and go away.

#112 4 years ago

Relax, I think he was joking

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Relax, I think he was joking

No, he doesn't like Addams. Strangely, most of my collector friends DON'T like Addams...I don't really get it - I think it's that whole "that song is on the radio too much...everyone loves it...so I have to hate it" thing. It's a great game! But hey - different strokes for different folks...I don't like TZ at all, but I respect it & understand why people like it. TZ and SC are the only Pat Lawlor games I don't like...the others are all good-to-great!

So - I'm definitely looking forward to what he's cooking up. I'm INterested, but not IN. Will have to see it first. The exciting thing for me is that this will probably be the first JJP with unique and interesting mechanical toys. I know that's their "thing", allegedly...but I don't think they've pulled it off yet. Up down things, spinning things, doors, dragon head....*shrug*. Pat ALWAYS does something different and unique. I remember when he visited Family Guy in '06, he said "Every time I make a new game, I want to create a new feature that no one has ever seen before" - and he had some of the small mini-pinball parts and pitched how he wanted to make the first mini pinball machine inside a pinball machine. So - really looking forward to where his creativity will take him without the reigns of a license and with the (hopefully) bigger budget JJP allows him.

#114 4 years ago

image-2.jpg

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No, he doesn't like Addams. Strangely, most of my collector friends DON'T like Addams...I don't really get it - I think it's that whole "that song is on the radio too much...everyone loves it...so I have to hate it" thing. It's a great game! But hey - different strokes for different folks...I don't like TZ at all, but I respect it & understand why people like it. TZ and SC are the only Pat Lawlor games I don't like...the others are all good-to-great!

I used to really dislike TAF too, but it was based only on playing it on location and having my ass handed to me repeatedly. TAF sucked money from my pocket very quickly. No ball save didn't help. I didn't understand the rules/objectives etc.

Then I played Eskaybee's in a home environment. Man, what a difference! Really enjoyed it. So much so, that when a HUO TAF came up for sale many months later, I grabbed it. I've had it over a month now, and I am enjoying the hell out of it. Classic DMD pinball at it's best!

#116 4 years ago

"What have you done for me lately" is a big sticking point for me on this game. Looking back, I am not a big fan of any PL game since TZ and that was over 21 years ago. Two unlimited budget, original theme games RS and NGG sucked badly compared to the other games coming out of WMS in the mid to late 90s. SC obviously was a game he was allowed to do anything he pleased creatively and it was a flop. I got tired of SC very quickly when I had it. Ritchie and Gomez managed to make awesome games during the period he was at Stern, so I don't buy the stories about Gary holding him back. Monopoly has more playfield features than almost any game I can think of, so not like he was that handcuffed. To me Shrek is the only game since TZ that I would not mind having at some point and even that would have to be an incredible deal for me to actually fork out the cash.

Hopefully Pat can channel some creativity from 1989 and return with an innovative game regardless of the BOM. I love TZ, Funhouse and BR because of the creativity and flat out fun game play.

#117 4 years ago

No, he doesn't like Addams. Strangely, most of my collector friends DON'T like Addams...

I had a buddy with an arcade who had a beat up TAF and I always tried o buy it because it was supposed to be such an awesome game. I of course loved it at his place. He jokingly told me if he died I could have it. I bought one and had it totally restored to brand new and played it for a couple of months and I got to where I never wanted to touch it. It was like TZ lite. The Thing hand was neat but it was just a gimmick and the ruleset was not to deep. I finally just sold it and surprisingly put money on The Hobbit and I just asked for a refund because TH was not the game I was looking for.
    That money will go to PLs next game if it is a great game.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I suppose it's hoping a little too much to interpret that statement as meaning game #3 will be absolutely free.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Going by looks I would agree with you. TH looks as bare as a Stern. If that is the way he is going Im out all together

Completely wrong. Heck, by the time you get to the SECOND controlled drop target (out of FIFTEEN) you've already surpassed the # of interactive features of Stern ST. Not to mention the full rgb lighting and LCD display are light years beyond what Stern puts in its games currently. There's lots more on TH too---sorry, your statement not only doesn't make sense, it's objectively incorrect.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Completely wrong. Heck, by the time you get to the SECOND controlled drop target (out of FIFTEEN) you've already surpassed the # of interactive features of Stern ST. Not to mention the full rgb lighting and LCD display are light years beyond what Stern puts in its games currently. There's lots more on TH too---sorry, your statement not only doesn't make sense, it's objectively incorrect.

It goes back to " I need to play the game before I buy it" because you cant go by looks alone. It cant hurt to have that cash in a drawer waiting instead of someone elses bank account. If it isn't something like Magic Girl or BBB where if you aren't in on the deal you will pretty much never get one.

#121 4 years ago

man I love I idea of PL pin, But after all the pf chips on woz I couldn't sleep at night.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No, he doesn't like Addams. Strangely, most of my collector friends DON'T like Addams...I don't really get it - I think it's that whole "that song is on the radio too much...everyone loves it...so I have to hate it" thing.

I used to think the same thing and that TAF was way overrated. I decided to buy one to give it another chance, figuring I could quickly flip the game if I still didn't get it.

My TAF isn't going anywhere.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It goes back to " I need to play the game before I buy it" because you cant go by looks alone. It cant hurt to have that cash in a drawer waiting instead of someone elses bank account. If it isn't something like Magic Girl or BBB where if you aren't in on the deal you will pretty much never get one.

No objection at all to the "play before you pay" approach here! But to say that TH looks that bare-bones is really not a well-reasoned statement, IMO.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

No objection at all to the "play before you pay" approach here! But to say that TH looks that bare-bones is really not a well-reasoned statement, IMO.

I still do not see $8000 worth of drop targets.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Compared to WOZ, TH looks sparse. Some are concerned that cost cutting measures to design and bom budgeting are imminent. It's a valid concern from potential TH buyers and PL title buyers coming from JJP who stated that Sterns cost cutting was not the way JJP would operate.

So far JJP is surviving, my WOZECLE is holding up well, but I have no personal interest in TH now with 3 different flavors.

It is bad enough that Stern cannot seem to stop on 'no premiums'.

#126 4 years ago

I'm interested for sure...

JJP + Lawlor is just too good not to be interested.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Compared to WOZ, TH looks sparse

Its bare up top, but a beast underneath...

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Its bare up top, but a beast underneath...

Yeah. It does. Hoping it plays like a beast too! I love the theme, huge fan, but man oh man. That WOZ wait killed me.

Btw, love your Pinsider name!
    image-473.jpg

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

I suppose it's hoping a little too much to interpret that statement as meaning game #3 will be absolutely free.

I'd go in if freight is also no charge (just to the Continental 48 states is fine).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 839.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 64.95
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside