61%

(496 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DI_HAMILTON.png
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Gowy-icaro-prado (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 7 years ago

So JJP releases an original theme, (no license fees), a standard width game, (guessing it should be cheaper than a widebody), and raises the price. This means excess profits. Excess profits signal entrepreneurs to enter the market creating competition. Competition reduces excess profits. One day this will lead to more and cheaper pinball for all.

Of course JJP is the pinball equivalent of a Rolls Royce. People will always pay more for status and the perception of higher quality. JJP makes quality machines and charges a premium price. The only downside to the Rolls Royce model is that higher prices = fewer sales.

Your experience may be different than mine but I don't run into new people dying to play pinball, ever. My experience makes me think that there aren't many new players (wanna be owners) created or part of the population as a whole. Pinball is supported by a relatively small group of die hard fans. The market is not unlimited.

Against this backdrop we are now seeing huge price increases from the manufacturers. These enormous price hikes are like a drunk spouse or a famously crazy politician. It is akin to someone coming up and grabbing you by the money. Do you simply take it because of artificial scarcity or do you say keep your cash lust away from me, creep. Sure in the past I may have let you nibble at my savings and run your fingers through my retirement but no more. You have played with my finances far too long and I have had enough.

BTW when is DI supposed to start shipping? That is a great looking machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-in-on-dialed-in?tu=fnosm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.