61%

(496 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DI_HAMILTON.png
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Gowy-icaro-prado (resized).jpg
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

Personally, I love the theme. I think there is a lot of potential here with the phone integration and I'm not talking about just flipping with a phone. The price is a problem for me. I'm in the market for my first NIB right now. But $9K is not an option.

Get the price of the SE down to $7,500 and maybe I bite. For me, the new technology is maybe worth the extra $2K over a new Stern Pro. But not $3,500 more.

#52 7 years ago

Original theme game based on an original theme comic book, cool. Unfortunately, that theme is a phone. Same layout with different theme, art and sounds could work though. I'm sure Pat really put tons of effort into this, but I think the collective thought/hope was another natural disaster based theme.

#53 7 years ago

The only close Stern machine to a standard Dialed In! would be a Batman66 Premium. Both have LCD, no shaker, no non-glare glass. Body armor on Stern is substantially lacking however. So seems at the price point of 8599.99 Stern premium compared to LE Dialed In! would be comparable. Except Dialed In! you would get shaker, invisiglass, and powder coated body armor.

#54 7 years ago

I would be a buyer, but at $9K+ shipping i'll wait for the second hand market. Most I would be willing to pay for this would be $7-7500 delivered, and thats it.

#55 7 years ago

Price in australia is collectors edition $18500 i think BBB will be more common here

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I would be a buyer, but at $9K+ shipping i'll wait for the second hand market. Most I would be willing to pay for this would be $7-7500 delivered, and thats it.

+1

#57 7 years ago

I am waiting for Houdini to see if it "materializes" in a new padlock chained, watertight pinball shipping box and see the actual gameplay and code. Good potential companion to PM.

Of course, I would like to see my friends who placed trust on MG get their specific games first. Priority first.

Good luck to JJP, another solid design, but not my personal interest. Solid sales are needed on this game.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not sure why anyone would buy one right off the bat... they're limited to 6999!!!!!!!!!! Not like you're gonna miss out.

Jack said this was tongue-in-cheek. He meant the serial numbers you could choose would go up to 6,999, not that they expect to build that many.

#59 7 years ago

This looks like an expensive game to build...don't think we'll see a 7 handle.

My kids are on their knees praying for this pin to come home...$8k I might just do it

#60 7 years ago

Just wait and buy a huo one. If new is 9k and the license doesn't run out then the used market should be close to 8k.

#61 7 years ago

$7900 is the the sweet-spot IMO.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

Jack said this was tongue-in-cheek. He meant the serial numbers you could choose would go up to 6,999, not that they expect to build that many.

Jack actually said, and I quote, "It's numbered from 1 to 6,999, and I bet I sell ALL of them."

#63 7 years ago

At 9k plus delivery he is in cloud cuckoo land with those numbers. And the sooner he realizes that the better. The deposits put down ( many just because it's Lawlor ) are likely to come to nothing in a bigger way than any recent pin imo.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Take away the powder coating, the invisiglass, the shaker, the camera, the Bluetooth and put the price below $6k shipped and this game will sell like bananas and will begin the real swing of the pendulum away from stern. And, getting these pins in as many people's hands as possible will result in them eventually upgrading to LE's or CE's if it's as good as people are saying.

How would that Domino's Pinball at 5300 be justified then. As in, JJPs game is first class and costs more than a 700 dollar difference to make.
No, 6k is off, 7k would be nice.

#65 7 years ago

As long as we are talking numbered games, by comparison the 75th WOZ customers had the option from the start as there were numbers 1 - 1500 available whether 1500 units were ever made. Thus number 1373 was one of the first 50 75th anniversary games if you read the apron sticker. If you read the serial number stickers, they are sequential by build order and they are what matters to the company. I realize that everyone will hit me with Captain Obvious and whatnot but from talking to folks at this Expo informally, I learned that this number vs serial number thing is not always clear.

#66 7 years ago

Way too much especially for the people that have bought both WOZ and TH. They should get some sort of discount.....just way too much at 9k. Was hoping around 7500 to 8k

#67 7 years ago

The price is what it is, 9k.
The theme is what it is, Dialed In.

I don't think either of those will change.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Take away the powder coating, the invisiglass, the shaker, the camera, the Bluetooth and put the price below $6k shipped and this game will sell like bananas and will begin the real swing of the pendulum away from stern. And, getting these pins in as many people's hands as possible will result in them eventually upgrading to LE's or CE's if it's as good as people are saying.

The Camera costs pennies as well as the bluetooth. Its not going to shave $1500 of the price, and bluetooth at least, is likely integrated into the board so it would end up costing MORE to have two separate production runs.

But yeah, standard trim, standard glass, no shaker, hell, even strip the coin mechs for the home users.

Then everyone in a few years would call it the "cheapskate edition"

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

The Camera costs pennies as well as the bluetooth. Its not going to shave $1500 of the price, and bluetooth at least, is likely integrated into the board so it would end up costing MORE to have two separate production runs.
But yeah, standard trim, standard glass, no shaker, hell, even strip the coin mechs for the home users.
Then everyone in a few years would call it the "cheapskate edition"

Agreed. When I asked Spooky about the upgraded Bluetooth chip for AMH it was $25.

Remember

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Agreed and based upon many of the comments most people here will not be buying.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nor should it. It's being very well received by everyone who plays it and distributors are saying it's selling great.
Unfortunately for me, I don't plan on seeing used ones in my price range until the pinball market completely dies.

#72 7 years ago

What are the differences between the LE and CE aside from price?

#73 7 years ago

Batman does not cost 8600$ though I think the sweet spot on a dialed in standard would be 7k and then he would sell a ton

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not exactly a robust endorsement at the jump here
Just the opposite sentiment pre announcement

It's funny...every thread that talks about this pin you have posted multiple times in with very negative comments. We get it..You are a Stern nut swinger....if you don't like it just move on. Let the rest of us decide for ourselves if it's a good pin or not. Some of us will actually see the game in person and play it before we make a decision. That's what a real pinball fan would do.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed and based upon many of the comments most people here will not be buying.

Many of the comments here are repeats over and over from people who have never seen or played the game themselves. Almost every person that has played it really liked it and Distributors are saying sales are good....so what does that tell you about Sternside...errr...I mean Pinside?

#76 7 years ago

I can't wait to play this at MGC in April. I bet it will have nonstop lines the entire weekend.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Batman does not cost 8600$ though I think the sweet spot on a dialed in standard would be 7k and then he would sell a ton

Batman 66 premium is over $8k which is insane, LE is nearly $10k which is even more mind boggling...I won't even mention the SLE.

I don't see JJP pricing a Dialed In standard at $7k when Stern offers games with far less features and build quality for much more.

Both manufacturers prices are out of control though and more people then ever are now priced out of the market.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Batman 66 premium is over $8k which is insane, LE is nearly $10k which is even more mind boggling...I won't even mention the SLE.
I don't see JJP pricing a Dialed In standard at $7k when Stern offers games with far less features and build quality for much more.
Both manufacturers prices are out of control though and more people then ever are now priced out of the market.

If I went over someone's house and they had "Dialed In!" my first reaction would be "Holy crap you have Dialed In! ?" My second, third and fourth reactions would be "Holy crap you paid $9K for Dialed In?!"

The Tesla Model X might be a great car full of toys, but that doesn't mean I'm going to shell out $80K for one when I can get a loaded MDX for $30K less and be totally happy.

Toy count does NOT equal better. It's a BS argument.

#79 7 years ago

Give me a $5000 pro model and I'll bite

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

It's funny...every thread that talks about this pin you have posted multiple times in with very negative comments. We get it..You are a Stern nut swinger....if you don't like it just move on. Let the rest of us decide for ourselves if it's a good pin or not. Some of us will actually see the game in person and play it before we make a decision. That's what a real pinball fan would do.

Here i am again, NOT moving on. You decide for yourself. I don't control you or anybody else.

When you insult me as a "Stern nut swinger" you are going to get hit back.

I was a JJP Woz "nut swinger" for many years.

I posted several positive things to say about Lawlor, JJP and this pin, you chose not to listen and just focus in on YOUR own JJP nut hugger status.

Here you go again, for people that can't make up their own minds, Lawlor is great, JJP makes great quality pins, Keith and Ted will produce some of the deepest and best code ever, as usual and this pin certainly is unique.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Get it? Again?

The NEGATIVES speak for themselves, take a look at the poll. That said, pinball is a very fickle fluid thing.

Carry on with your JJP nut hugging

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Shocking.

Since I'm swinging on Gary's nuts and NONE of you can seem to grasp the REALITY, here it goes AGAIN

There are 320 people in the world paying for, that's it and you guys want to focus in on that

80 SLE BM66 and the line is long for dropouts at $15k

240 LE BM66 at $9500k

SOLD OUT, GAME OVER, GET IT? Maybe you haven't heard my criticisms there either, "fair and balanced"

With Stern, you will be able to buy a BM66 premium for $7600. Get it? Understand that? 1000's of them if you like

So yeah, i'm swinging on those nuts right now.

As for your boy JJP, that you won't break down and buy a DI

It's 6,999 LE's of DI at $9500 and a ridiculous CE at $12,500

Stern has absolutely destroyed JJP in the marketing AND pricing wars, now you have a choice don't you?

Jack as usual is backtracking because if you watched the "reveal" and letdown like i did. He wasn't "joking" about selling 6,999 at that price.

So buy what YOU like, and carry on with the ridiculous statements about toys over and over again

It's just Pinball, have fun

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I can't wait to play this at MGC in April. I bet it will have nonstop lines the entire weekend.

i will do my best to make sure we have a couple them there for everyone to play.

#83 7 years ago

One thing that is not mentioned though about all of these games selling is how many people just put a deposit in before the reveal and knowing the final price. How many will not follow through if the price doesn't come down. It is fully refundable as it stands now and $250 isn't much to have down and their is talk of the possibility that the price might become adjusted.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just wait and buy a huo one. If new is 9k and the license doesn't run out then the used market should be close to 8k.

That brings up an interesting point regarding people that don't usually keep new games for the long term. With a non-licensed theme the game can be made for as long as the manufacturer wants to make it so there is almost no chance for the game to go up in value beyond the NIB pricing. The people that want to play it for a year or less and then unload it for another game are going to lose a decent chunk of cash pretty much guaranteed.

#85 7 years ago

Is there any doubt in anybody's mind that DC is right?

WAIT and buy this pin on the secondary market for $7k-$7500

If you love it that much, let somebody else take the hit

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That brings up an interesting point regarding people that don't usually keep new games for the long term. With a non-licensed theme the game can be made for as long as the manufacturer wants to make it so there is almost no chance for the game to go up in value beyond the NIB pricing. The people that want to play it for a year or less and then unload it for another game are going to lose a decent chunk of cash pretty much guaranteed.

Interesting take. I think most new/ recent releases are going to take more of a hit on resale due to market saturation. And there'll probably come a time when JJP won't want to make any more Dialed Ins. But you make a very intriguing point.

I also guess most people that can afford a 9k pin NIB can afford to take a resale hit?

The big problem with this pin is the MSRP. Even if it turned out to be the greatest pin ever.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think most new/ recent releases are going to take more of a hit on resale due to market saturation

No truer words have been spoken, I will be one taking a hit. People better get used to the new normal if you want to own a NIB pinball machine.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is there any doubt in anybody's mind that DC is right?
WAIT and buy this pin on the secondary market for $7k-$7500
If you love it that much, let somebody else take the hit

What protected WOZ and Hobbit values on the secondary market was the fact that most buyers were able to pre-buy the games at a lower cost.

Most people pre-ordered WOZ for $6500. by the time that games were available for outright purchase (without pre-ordering) the prices were $8500-$9500 NIB depending on whether you got a standard or RRWOZ. This kept the initial buyer's $6500 investment safe. On Dialed In there isn't a special pre-order price and prices are seemingly at the top already. I'd expect to take a pretty sizeable hit when selling on the secondary market since the games aren't limited and will be produced long into the future. Losing a couple grand on a toy in the grand scheme of things isn't a big deal and should be expected. That's what it's like in nearly every other hobby. But I think the days of buying NIB and expecting not to lose money on them when re-selling are over.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Losing a couple grand on a toy in the grand scheme of things isn't a big deal and should be expected. That's what it's like in nearly every other hobby. But I think the days of buying NIB and expecting not to lose money on them when re-selling are over.

This is a big one that wasn't taken into account by Jersey Jack and Stern. The NIB hit buyers will take now make buying a NIB far less attractive. Losing $500 - $1,000 on NIB purchases is one thing, but when it goes beyond that I think buyers will think twice about buying NIB.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Jack actually said, and I quote, "It's numbered from 1 to 6,999, and I bet I sell ALL of them."

That sounds like a touch of sarcasm on the end, doesn't it?

The statement about being tongue-in-cheek is in a separate response on the JJP forum.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is a big one that wasn't taken into account by Jersey Jack and Stern. The NIB hit buyers will take now make buying a NIB far less attractive. Losing $500 - $1,000 on NIB purchases is one thing, but when it goes beyond that I think buyers will think twice about buying NIB.

Especially when your expensive NIB machine has a playfield that is crumbling every day and ghosting, and you sit waiting for a replacement that *might* show up one day

Oh, sorry, this isn't a Stern thread.

If I was a BM66 purchaser right now, I would be very concerned about playfield quality still.. there's no confirmations its fixed yet. At least with JJP there has been zero ghosting or chipping or pretty much any quality issues from JJP. These machines from both Stern and JJP have gone up wayyy too much in price, but you have to admit- which company is offering a better built machine for those prices? Look at Stern's LCD vs JJP. Invisglass vs no Invisiglass. Spike system vs JJP's full blown PC architecture. JJP's playfield quality, and even mechs and toys... lighting is so much better on Dialed In then BM66.

Look at Stern code support vs JJP. JJP has been updating Hobbit every 6 weeks or so, and improving the game substantially every time. In the 6 months I waited for new GB code from Dwight, there has been 3 major releases for Hobbit by Keith. The latest GB code which took Dwight to crank out is littered with bugs and there's nothing much that has been added to the game. These things matter when spending almost $10,000 for a damn TOY. You definitely need to factor in code support for these new machines, and JJPs track record is excellent.. Stern's.. not so much. They have too many titles and not enough coders.

If there is a hit to take, the hit will be MUCH worse on a Stern that has quality issues thats for sure. Thanks to this playfield issue, my GB LE has probably depreciated big time from my $8K initial purchase.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Especially when your expensive NIB machine has a playfield that is crumbling every day and ghosting, and you sit waiting for a replacement that *might* show up one day
If I was a BM66 purchaser right now, I would be very concerned about playfield quality still.. there's no confirmations its fixed yet. At least with JJP there has been zero ghosting or chipping or pretty much any quality issues from JJP. These machines from both Stern and JJP have gone up wayyy too much in price, but you have to admit- which company is offering a better built machine for those prices? Look at Stern's LCD vs JJP. Invisglass vs no Invisiglass. Spike system vs JJP's full blown PC architecture. JJP's playfield quality, and even mechs and toys... lighting is so much better on Dialed In then BM66.
Look at Stern code support vs JJP. JJP has been updating Hobbit every 6 weeks or so, and improving the game substantially every time. In the 6 months I waited for new GB code from Dwight, there has been 3 major releases for Hobbit by Keith. The latest GB code which took Dwight to crank out is littered with bugs and there's nothing much that has been added to the game. These things matter when spending almost $10,000 for a damn TOY. You definitely need to factor in code support for these new machines, and JJPs track record is excellent.. Stern's.. not so much. They have too many titles and not enough coders.
If there is a hit to take, the hit will be MUCH worse on a Stern that has quality issues thats for sure. Thanks to this playfield issue, my GB LE has probably depreciated big time from my $8K initial purchase.

Yep. No more NIB for me. GBLE was enough. Full disclosure, I don't think the game is awesome as the other pins I have, but the potential play field issues with no written resolution were enough to make me sell.

People are having issues with their premiums now. I would never buy a new Stern NIB without a 6 month minimum play field warranty. That won't happen, of course.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My expensive NIB WOZ is shredding playfield art after 5,000 plays. Too late for JJP to do anything about it, but pretty disappointing.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

By the time that games were available for outright purchase (without pre-ordering) the prices were $8500-$9500 NIB depending on whether you got a standard or RRWOZ.

Can confirm. Bought a NIB WoZ RR last month. Go look at their site right now, they're $10,000 shipped. A HUO second-hand is $9500 before shipping lol. I don't know why people are acting like these prices are new. These handmade machines, with dozens of hand-molded toys, that take 40+ hours to build a single playfield, and $2Mil+ in R&D/licensure cannot come cheap by nature of the design.

JJP machines are $8,500-10,000 unless you got an early-adopter price cut. Stern machines are $5.5k for a next-to-knockoff model and $7,500-9000 for the real deal. This isn't new. I absolutely do not understand everyone acting like this is the first time a machine has cost $9000.

#95 7 years ago

well the price isn't going down ...when in life has that happen ? I put my deposit down I'm totally in and I wouldn't pay 5000 for a hobbit or oz ...about the third time I played dialed in I knew I had to have it plus the fact Pat said the programming is 20% add in the whole expo not one time did the glass have to come off the machine and there was 6 games going with continual play For What 15 hours each day ? Can you say beast ?loving it

my dumb ass kept hanging out waiting to play batman because the dudes at the table said I was going to haha good lord stern that was a smart move ...I believe batman is finished stern just knew better ..you think he have Adam West show up with out it being ? How embarrassing ...

I guess we all have to go back to the old cliche "you get what you pay for"

And I'm seriously considering moving to where ever these forum people live the land of the price of things things never go up

crazier part is I'm not a jjp fan but it's fair to say the man isn't skimping and he is trying to build quality which should have a little respect here even if you hate the price and can't afford it ...I just hope he slows his roll on the technology or we will all be playing 300 pound iPads ....i also hope he changed where he got those play fields from is my only concern ....i reallly don't want the tv screen but it's jjp thing since day one so I'll deal and I seriously hope blue tooth don't cause cancer because I'll be infested week one when I get my new game ...woot woot

I really would like to know why people are spazzing oz and hobbit was almost as much ? Did they stop teaching economics in school? I'm pretty sure jjp put the licensing money into developing and I'm all for that ...

if I wanted something for my batman collection I'd go to the mall or eBay same as with oz or hobbit ...I want to play pinball not watch half of a movie or tv epesodie ive already seen

With that being said I'd love for others to follow jjp lead in original theme department ...oh wait stern told me himself he has no plan of that because if he tells someone he has a license title he will sell 20 ... if he has an original title they want play it first haha and only take a couple ...So basically as long as there is a cute fluffy puppy on it who cares how it plays ...well I do and so should everyone else ...the best machines in pinball are not licensed in my opinion ...I can't wait to own dialed in ...I'm super excited ...

Go ahead and bash its not gonna change ...he would lose money
Did you write a forum bashing the price of anything else in this world ? What about Oreos ? and the milk to dunk them in ? Give it a rest I'm sure jjp would love to give you want but there is no room in the inflation department he don't control that ....we should celebrate an original theme and the fact we got it from a design legend

So since the forum was titled who's in
I'm am .....I just wanted to read about the game but the unrealistic people got in the way again haha geez

#96 7 years ago

I really don't think it's inflation. I mean of course inflation happens, but I don't think it's the primary problem at least. It's gotta be a HUGE labor cost, and then parts probably second considering all the custom boards that are getting used now. The labor though isn't unskilled workers. It's semi-skilled work, minimum 40 hours PER playfield. Even if you're only paying $15/hr you're looking at $600 in labor costs, per machine, just to assemble the playfield. Then there's the testing (hundreds of hours, half automated half not), the cabinetry assembling, assembling the entire machine, QC. I'd bet costs on a single machine are well over $5,000 once you stack in R&D, printing, artist work, licensing and so forth. And people are asking for a $5,000 machine. The math just isn't there.

#97 7 years ago

I'm surprised people think features like bluetooth and cameras are expensive additions. You can get a nice webcam for $30 and a USB bluetooth receiver for less than $5.

Granted, the phone "toy" is probably quite expensive, but removing it would be like removing the castle from Medieval Madness.

I can't afford any NIB game so I will just be happy when these games start landing out on location.

#98 7 years ago

With the ability to take pictures of the players and being able to interface with a cell phone,

I bet Chucky Cheese will probably make a bulk buy and put them in many locations where it is sure to be a top earner.

#99 7 years ago

Yeah I'm actually wondering if their whole goal wasn't to get into more businesses that wouldn't usually have machines at all. Chuck-E Cheese, Dave & Busters. I heard a distributor saying he got something like 20 orders in the first hour from cell phone stores. With WoZ they wanted to bring more women and children into the market. I could see the strategy here being to get into more casual businesses and gaming-related stores that aren't explicitly hardcore pinball hangouts. Jack's motivation from the start has been to bring new people into pinball. He's not worried about keeping pinball addicts in the game.

#100 7 years ago

I wonder how many people hate this theme but think the Domino's pin is fantastic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-in-on-dialed-in/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.