New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 124956)

Who's got the largest collection and has NEVER sold/traded a pin?

By jibmums

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20130716_175959_366.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Title says it all. I always thought I'd keep every pin I ever bought, but now have the excruciating need to make room for something new, so I was wondering what the largest collection is of someone who still has EVERY pin they've ever bought? If you've got them out on loan or on route, that still counts, but they must still belong to you and you can't EVER have sold or traded a pin in any way. Very curious to see whether the high mark will very high or fairly low.

#2 5 years ago

I'll start this show! I have never sold or traded any pin that I have ever gotten. I am currently sitting at seven pins. I know that's not enough to win but it's a starting point. By the way, my first pin was Comet. I have 2 of them.

IMG_20130716_175959_366.jpg
    #3 5 years ago

Four pins and never sold one.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Four pins and never sold one.

Same here! Bought all four of mine in the last two months. Time to step on the brakes a little.

#5 5 years ago

I know of a pinsider with around 250 plus pins, most of the bought NIB over 35 years and are almost the entire collection being HUO. I know he prefers to remain anonymous.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I know of a pinsider with around 250 plus pins, most of the bought NIB over 35 years and are almost the entire collection being HUO. I know he prefers to remain anonymous.

If he still owns every single one he's ever bought, then man, that's super hardcore. I figured the high number would be two or three dozen.

#7 5 years ago

A long time operator...he just bought one extra of everything for "home"...

#8 5 years ago

5 pins, only been collecting for a year. No sales or trades. I'm out of room, but I still want more!

#9 5 years ago

9 pins. #10 soon to be on its way. No trades or sales yet.

#10 5 years ago

in 30 years collecting only ever sold one game
    (own 34 machines)

#11 5 years ago

theres more people in the world that have hundreds of pins then you would think, I've met many many people in the past few years that have a lot , I've met a few at expo that have 250 plus and had pictures, building giant garages just to house them...its bigger then you think!

#12 5 years ago

15 pins. No trades or sales. I just can't do it. I love them all.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

15 pins. No trades or sales. I just can't do it. I love them all.

Sitting on 13 acquired within my first 18mo in the hobby. I'm still in the honeymoon phase and can't even imagine getting rid of anything, even ones I'm not crazy about. I find it amazing the number of pins people have had in the past. I think if I had easier access to my basement, such as a walk-out, I might be more inclined to switch things up. But as of now I want them all. Heaven forbid I ever win the lottery!

#14 5 years ago

It was a lot easier to accumulate 200 pins when you could get decent EMs for $50 - 100, early SS for not a lot more and DMD pins for $500 or so.

#15 5 years ago

I'm at 18. Gave one away, never sold or traded.

Edit: 19 now.

#16 5 years ago

I'm the exact opposite - owned about 200 and sold / traded almost all of them away!

If I had more space I'd have kept more.

#17 5 years ago

22 (counting TBL and Hobbit). I only buy keepers, because moving them in and out is such a PITA.

#18 5 years ago

Three pins no trade. I think I'd put an addition on before selling/trading. My stance now.

2 weeks later
    #19 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I'm the exact opposite - owned about 200 and sold / traded almost all of them away!
    If I had more space I'd have kept more.

Same here. Owned about 200 and now I'm down to about 50, won't sell anymore except for a couple doubles/triples I have in storage.
    I have about 30 in my house working on getting them all set. Once we get our addition built the rest will come home. I'm not buying any more until I get my games home. (Well if a Pharaoh or Solar Fire pops up and I can afford it, I might be breaking that rule)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 25.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 73.99
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 11.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    £ 59.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside