(Topic ID: 186359)

Who's going to step up?

By bangerjay

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Step_Up_Revolution_12 (resized).jpg
    DK-fffrvbacknew (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

No worries, the offer probably expired before the article was even written anyways (or meaning it was probably never valid)

Otaku,

Sometimes opportunity can stare a person in the face, and the person does not see it. This has you written all over it. Sell a couple of your machines, buy a plane or bus ticket to LV, make friends with Tim, then once you've saved a few dollars, have your collection shipped to LV, and become Tim's apprentice. Sounds like you have the skills to do this. Get a little experience under your belt, use your ears a lot, do every single thing the way the man tells you to do it, and here is your pinball museum.

The USA is still the land of opportunity. Sometimes a person needs to step out of their comfort zone to reach where they want to get to in life. This is so perfect for you. I don't think the timing could ever be better, even though this article is a year old. Nobody has stepped up to the plate yet.

Just so you don't think I'm just blowing smoke. I mortgaged every single thing that I had in my life, moved from Washington state to Maine, just to buy a crappy little 9-hole golf course, which is something I had dreamed about my entire professional career. I got to Maine with everything i owned in a 30 foot truck. I had sold and mortaged every thing else and went all-in. It's a struggle, and there are times I have to scratch and claw just to make payroll, but I've been at it eight years now, and I'm still here. I get up at 4 a.m. every day, work until I can't see anymore, go to sleep, then start over the next day. I am truly living my dream.

Seriously, this is something you could do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-going-to-step-up?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.