(Topic ID: 65527)

Who's going to do it first? Led mod

By Luckydogg420

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I saw these lights at target today, they will probably be the new Christmas light fad, but my first thought was "someone is going to put them under a pinball machine for backlighting".

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Multicolor-Cascading-Icicles-Lights/dp/B00B0HC31Q

Then I thought, if done tastefully could this improve a game?

#2 10 years ago

Ive seen those on a few houses for a couple years now. Hmm I'm not fully on board with this "improving" anything unless it is your personal taste. I don't think I'd put them there, but I move my games a lot so if anything it'd just be a pain. Could be pretty sweet though.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Then I thought, if done tastefully could this improve a game?

Yup. It'll increase your score by 100k

#4 10 years ago

Why would you do that when you can buy a 300 RGB LED strip for $10 that can strobe and flash and is programmable in three different colours with remote to put under there. That's what most people do.

ebay.com link: RGB 5M 3528 SMD LED Strip lights 300 leds Car Auto 24 Key IR Remote Controller

#5 10 years ago

WOW QuarterGrabber!

Thank you for that link! Best deal I've seen in a while!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from webdiddy:

WOW QuarterGrabber!
    Thank you for that link! Best deal I've seen in a while!

It doesn't come with the power supply plug but you can wire it right into your pin. If you want the power plug so you don't need to use your pins power supply, it's an additional $5.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Why would you do that when you can buy a 300 RGB LED strip for $10 that can strobe and flash and is programmable in three different colours with remote to put under there. That's what most people do.
    Ebay link

Great deal. I bought 3 and am going to run them around the walls of the new gameroom for low lighting while playing instead of the 6 cans in the ceiling. I've seen it in a few gamerooms and it looks killer.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from cranie:

Great deal. I bought 3 and am going to run them around the walls of the new gameroom for low lighting while playing instead of the 6 cans in the ceiling. I've seen it in a few gamerooms and it looks killer.

Remember if you are using it for that you need to buy the power plug adapter. And if you are using it for room lighting I recommend the 5050 leds instead, they are much brighter.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Remember if you are using it for that you need to buy the power plug adapter. And if you are using it for room lighting I recommend the 5050 leds instead, they are much brighter.

12VDC, got it. I used a much smaller version for a TZ door mod.
    It's going to be more for low ambient effect than lighting. I have 6 cans in the ceiling for BRIGHT

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from cranie:

12VDC, got it. I used a much smaller version for a TZ door mod.
    It's going to be more for low ambient effect than lighting. I have 6 cans in the ceiling for BRIGHT

Should look great Post a pic when you're done.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-going-to-do-it-first-led-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.