You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

14050-50ml.jpg
image.jpg
1236882_164064750465196_1582651509_n.jpg
butthurt.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GTO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#35 10 years ago

I would say that offering more money (or letting the seller know what's a closer price to the value)should be reserved to the first contact. If you are the first person to call, then you should be the one to bring it up. Anyone after that is clearly trying to steal or block your deal. Sometimes people are not even interested in the machine, but it bothers them to see it go for cheap.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

GTO - how is your Stargate? Did you wax the playfield yet? Do it man and the ball will fly! By the way Stargate is an LE. Look at all the toys in the game compared to others. Enjoy!

Hi PinnyHeadHead, It is great, I love it! I got it about 3-4 weeks ago and I play it about 1 hour every day. Have to replace a couple of lights, but everything else plays great. I also have a LOTR i found for $3,995 and should be arriving in a week or two. Not HUO, but still in awesome shape. I'll post some reviews on that one once I get.

I still have to wax my playfield on SG and get some new balls. The ones that came with it are looking a bit rough. Have you gotten any new pins lately?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

No new pins. LOTR is a deep game like Stargate.
Look up Keefer's guide to Stargate online and see the rules for Stargate. Don't put off waxing and getting new balls, it will only hurt your play field over time. Also the game will be faster and more fun. It takes 30 minutes - do it! Enjoy.

I do have Keefer's guide bookmarked on my PC. It was extremely useful in getting my scores up and figure out what was going on. Definitely will wax this in the next couple of weeks!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMolly:

Respectfully disagree. We have a lot of people in my area who troll Craigslist all day and hit every single pinball listed saying the same crap "I've been doing this for thirty years, your machine is junk, I can give you $250 for some parts and I'll haul the rest to the dump for ya!" Then the game shows up on eBay the next day for ten times that. I don't mind blocking those guys; it's irrelevant whether I'm angling for the game or not. I don't consider it a "good deal" if I'm blatantly taking advantage of a non-pinballer's ignorance regarding pricing. Hopefully that's not just me, but maybe it is.

No, I definitely see your point. It is just hard to distinguish between re-sellers, honest pinballers who may not have much money getting a good deal, and a seller who knows the value of their pin but needs to unload for a quick sale. Too many variables for me to try to mess with the market. My stance is to let the market run its course. For every pin that goes out at a low price, another one sells for way more than what it's worth. I know personally for myself, if I am working out a deal with the seller and can tell that they have no idea what it's worth, I would try to educate them on it. However, I can't control what other buyers do.

Post edited by GTO : incomplete post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GTO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-getting-the-600-stargate-in-va?tu=GTO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.