Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Buffpac5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

This was my first expo. Loved it and got a little more obessed with pinball. lol
    So just wondering who else got to enjoy there first expo?

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

This was my first expo. Loved it and got a little more obessed with pinball. lol
    So just wondering who else got to enjoy there first expo?

This was our first expo though we have owned pins for 8 years.
    My wife is a Wizard of Oz fanatic and she felt it would be the only way she would see and maybe play the new game.
    Once there she wouldn't leave and is now possessed in owning one. I rather work on them then play them. I wanted to see first hand what was really out there and I wasn't disappointed. We're going to be a little more involved next time.

#3 10 years ago

This was our first EXPO. We enjoyed the show, I do wish that they would handle a few things better. Buying a game on the floor was difficult because they didn't offer anything to actually move the game with. Carrying the game was not fun!

The schedule was also confusing. Never really knew what time games and vendor hall was open or not.

#4 10 years ago

It was my first...wasn't as enthralled as I expected to be, but still had fun, and played a good amount of pinball. As this was only my second show of this sort(went to MGC earlier in the year), what's proper pinball etiquette when someone is waiting in line to play? I got stuck behind this woman on two different machines that when we drained her 3rd ball, she just started a new game and kept on playing. I moved on, but I thought it was pretty inconsiderate. Oh well I'll still be back next year!

#5 10 years ago

Buffpac5 - I was wondering about the etiquette thing too. Saw a girl put her Corona on a pin at one point and I too, was behind a woman playing two games of a Metallica herself while there was a queue of people waiting. Wonder if they should have signs up about pin etiquette? I feel like a dick saying things to people. It was my first expo too and I had a great time. More thoughts to come. Maybe on a podcast or something.

#6 10 years ago

It was my first expo as well. Enjoyed every minute of it! Slept very little and partied hard. Met lots of great people and pinsiders. Mission accomplished!

Nothing like jammin some pinball @ 4:30am

#7 10 years ago

or at 4:20am!

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Buffpac5 - I was wondering about the etiquette thing too. Saw a girl put her Corona on a pin at one point and I too, was behind a woman playing two games of a Metallica herself while there was a queue of people waiting. Wonder if they should have signs up about pin etiquette? I feel like a dick saying things to people. It was my first expo too and I had a great time. More thoughts to come. Maybe on a podcast or something.

It was probably the same beeyotch because one of the times I was waiting for Metallica in the queue of people. I need to make myself more social at these things. I just don't wanna be made out to be more of a weirdo than I am.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Buffpac5:

what's proper pinball etiquette

I would think that one game per person if there is a line. And hey you know what we are all there to enjoy so why not play a two player game with someone else. Me and my girlfriend played quit a few games with other people. It helps to create a even better experience.

Quoted from genex:

Saw a girl put her Corona on a pin at one point

I would deff say something to that jack waggon. People bring there games there for other people to enjoy not trash. Be respectfull folks. And yes I guess they need to post signs about this. All in all though I am going to start looking for a joust pin, that pin ruled. And my girlfriend kicked my butt at it. lol

#10 10 years ago

My first expo as well, my son had a great time, even lit up the AFM that was there. I'm so proud! Also taught him the lesson about etiquette mentioned above, be respectful and patient. Most games were empty when we were there and he got in a few on each machine, as soon as someone showed up. He finished and left.

I also bought a BTTF there. If anyone has parts, please help me out. It's my first restoration and I need parts!

#11 10 years ago

This was my first Expo and I'm coming at the pinball etiquette from another perspective as I AM a woman and yet had very little opportunity to play any of the games because many of the guys would see me waiting behind them and just start another game. I had to come down to play the Star Trek in the hallway by the tournament area at a rather late hour of the night because any other time a group was surrounding it and never gave me a shot at it. I realize it's a man's hobby and I'm a small fish in a man's world at these shows so I just give up rather easily. I had guys practically run me over to cut in the autograph line as well as entering the seminar room a couple times. I wish I was that Corona lady or the one hogging Metallica, they must have had some bravery that I clearly don't have. Anyway, the rest of the Expo was wonderful and I appreciate all the time and effort it took for everyone who came together to organize a show like this.

#12 10 years ago

Hope I didn't make it seem like it was just women but I pay more attention to women than men since I'm a guy and all

I did ask if this one woman wanted to play two player on AC/DC since I like playing with others but she wanted to play solo which is totally cool since I know some folks prefer that. I liked offering to play multiplayer though if I am up next. It did kinda backfire on me since we did a three player game on Attack from Mars and I was player one and had a massive ball and when I turned around to find player two and three, they were not there. Then I guess I looked like the asshole who was playing three games (although this was towards the end when there wasn't that many people left)...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I would think that one game per person if there is a line. And hey you know what we are all there to enjoy so why not play a two player game with someone else. Me and my girlfriend played quit a few games with other people. It helps to create a even better experience.

Yeah, I think that's what I need to start doing. Actually start making some real life pin friends.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-first-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.