image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

So you're out with the smallest car you own and you see a listing for a really nice pin. What to do?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Nice clean machine. Glad you could fit it ON you car.

#4 7 years ago

Just what you did!

#5 7 years ago

Score!!

#6 7 years ago

#7 7 years ago

Well, not a Jungle Queen but same size machine; Target Alpha. Fit the complete machine INSIDE my '74 VW Super Beetle. Passenger seat removed, back seat bottom removed, rear seat back folded down.

Great deal for the Jungle Queen.

#8 7 years ago

Last year at the White Rose Gameroom Show, I purposely brought my 2002 Accord, because had I brought the minivan, I knew I'd just burn a hole in my pocket and buy a game I didn't have room for.

Long story short, I bought an Earthshaker anyway (knowing full well that I'd have to somehow get it home that day), and hilariously tried to fit the dang thing in my paltry family sedan... It *almost* worked.

Eventually, I bribed my friend to grab my mom's minivan and drive it the 2.5 hours to York that day just to get it home. I still owe him a lunch or two, or seven.

Nice to see you actually were able to get it to work!

#9 7 years ago

I have hauled home several pins in small vehicles. The Swift/Metro is fine as long as there is no passenger.

zookpin2_(resized).jpgzookpin2_(resized).jpg

No seats removed.

#10 7 years ago

Nice! It's a fun game and looks to be in pretty good shape.

#11 7 years ago

Great find! And 'No', I wouldn't of braved that situation. Now it's got a good story though.

#12 7 years ago

Nice pin and awesome pics! Hahaha, that's just great. Thanks for sharing.

#13 7 years ago

Dang, nice price on a great game. Color me jealous. Fit like a glove!

Go and kill some monkeys.

#14 7 years ago

I've fit a bunch of them in my A4 wagon - the head has to go in the front seat! It's like driving a phone booth full of people trying to break a record.

#15 7 years ago

Wow, that is one mean, clean, pinball machine.

Nice find

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

So you're out with the smallest car you own and you see a listing for a really nice pin. What to do?

Now you must have gotten some goofy looks from other drivers on that little adventure while driving around with a pinball machine tied down.

#17 7 years ago

If I would have known how to take the head off an EM, I would have put my Super Spin in a Ford Festiva. My brother and I put it half way in and then he offered me his minivan.

Great find and cool story. Do you live right on the ocean cause that's a great view.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you live right on the ocean cause that's a great view.

I don't live on the ocean but that pinball machine did for 30 plus years. We pulled down to that cliff to help with the load up. My son kept on saying with a smile on his face, "man, this is stupid but fun"

He goes on all pinball picks with me with the understanding that at some point during the pick we stop and get a Wendy's "Frostie". That's the only payment he ever demands

#19 7 years ago

great story!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-done-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.