(Topic ID: 42791)

Who's all going to the Captain's Auction tomorrow?

By Miguel351

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

butt-pirate_web.jpg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Arr... butt-pirate_web.jpgbutt-pirate_web.jpg

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

I left after six games! I just went for a laugh. The consigners-buyback stuff sure knocks the fun out of it...I haven't gotten a good deal at Cap's in three+ years.

I told Greg I saw you bolt after a couple in.

#53 11 years ago

lol classic.....guess it wasnt such a bad thing having to work today.

#54 11 years ago

It was cool to see all the games, but pretty much a waste of a day. I'm now at home listening to the auction, they haven't even gotten to the 2nd warehouse yet.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

I'm now at home listening to the auction, they haven't even gotten to the 2nd warehouse yet.

Now, that's where the good deals are gonna be at. It's late, most people left, and those ones still there are tired. It's a marathon! Whoever lasts the longest get the steals (vids only though).

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Most of those games were at or pretty close to retail, and a bunch of them looked junky as hell.

To be fair, a lot of them were pretty nice for auction games. I was really tempted to throw another bid on that first JM. It was really clean, played great...flippers must have been rebuilt recently. The glove worked, the DMD was all there, cab fade wasn't too bad. Worse games in worse shape were selling for more, that's for sure!

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

Now, that's where are the good deals are gonna be at!!! It's late, most people left, and those ones still there are tired. It's a marathon! Whoever lasts the longest get the steals.

Yeah but there are no pins in there...just vids. Lots of Golden Tees if you're into that sorta thing!

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah but there are no pins in there...just vids. Lots of Golden Tees if you're into that sorta thing!

True, but they got some classics mixed in there too.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Gladiators was a good deal! I played it. That shaker can wake the dead!

+1. The factory shaker was so strong that the cement floor was rumbling. Love it.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

It's late, most people left, and those ones still there are tired.

Are you still there g? It was cool seeing you there. Highlight of the day.

#61 11 years ago

i thought everything was way overpriced. I threw a few bids in there but didn't get anything. Meh whatever though i wasn't expecting to win any of them with the prices i had in mind.

#62 11 years ago

No, but I know someone is. He stayed till midnight a couple times before. He is a "machine".

#63 11 years ago

Sad thing is, I could've finished off my home arcade complete with token changer for less than a grand, easy. All of the vids I wanted to get all went 250 and under.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

DE Simpons $2,400

I still can't believe this one. They clearly researched a TSPP.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hana9so:

i thought everything was way overpriced. I threw a few bids in there but didn't get anything. Meh whatever though i wasn't expecting to win any of them with the prices i had in mind.

Greg wants your Congo.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

I still can't believe this one. They clearly researched a TSPP.

I'm not sure any research went into todays hammer prices.

#68 11 years ago

You made my night Sk8ball.

#69 11 years ago

11:00pm and they're still going. Unreal.

They're almost giving things away now. Rush the Rock two-seater with topper/marquee, everything works, $450. Crap.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

I thought it was 18% out of state, 15% plus cali tax for instate residents

Quoted from ButtonMash:

18% online, 15% in person

Sorry for the misrepresentation on the buyer premium.
    I logged on from out of state (Aberdeen Scotland actually)
    so it must have known,
    as the site has 18% buyer premium listed,
    or that it the default BP for the online bidding,
    and if you were present at location, you get a slight break (of only 15% BP).
    But figure adding at least ~20-25% to the hammer prices on average.
    I guess if you are a dealer and have a Calif tax exemption certificate
    you do not have to pay the state sales taxes.
    But in practical terms a $4000 Addams Family
    will cost about $4800-5000 out the door.
    For condition, for an pinball auction, at least from the photos posted,
    they seemed to be in better than average condition overall,
    i.e. not too many junkers or project games.
    Though very few were in HUO or Collector Quality condition,
    but again reasonable condition for typical pinball auction,
    or at least that is the general feeling i got from a couple contacts that actually
    attended and saw and played the games in person.
    Only real bargains (or at least realistic prices) were a couple of the EMs.

#71 11 years ago

Looks like 15 of those pins were buy backs and are now on Ebay.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

Looks like 15 of those pins were buy backs and are now on Ebay.

That blows. I can't see myself participating when it is so obvioulsly set up to benefit the seller and the auction house. The buyers premium, plus a seller shill and buy back? Get real.

One of these days, I am coming to see your pins for sale. When I do, we will have an fair deal.

#73 11 years ago

i used to buy a lot of games there through the web, and got great deals, but now I havent realy bid in the last few. The games are going higher and higher for zero apparent reasons.

#74 11 years ago

Deals are few and far between in So Cal, I usually have to go to No Cal or out of state to buy games.
    All these auctions are a waste of time, usually just a bunch of shilled up junk.
    Kind of like hookers, you get screwed but no kiss.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Kind of like hookers, you get screwed but no kiss.

But if you get there early enough, you get to play for free!

#76 11 years ago

Pinside saved me a 400 mile round trip and a day wasted several months ago...

I saw this auction on line and was all excited to go. Checked Pinside and the general consensus was to stay very very far away. I took the advice, saw what the pins sold for, saw quite a few of them being bought back and listed on Ebay and was so very happy I didn't waste the trip.

Yet another reason I love Pinside...

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-all-going-to-the-captains-auction-tomorrow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.