Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pintopkp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4290.JPG
IMG_4289.JPG
IMG_4288.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So I brought home my Cyclone the other day; couldn't be happier with it. Looks like it was fairly well taken care of. I posted a couple of pictures so far (other ones didn't come out so hot, so I'll try to get better ones later):

IMG_4288.JPG IMG_4289.JPG IMG_4290.JPG

In the last picture, I found out the reason that the left slingshot wasn't working. That and a couple of small issues arose that I have to take care of:

1. Regarding the left slingshot, I thought it was just a broken wire. Soldered it back on, turned the game on, ran the coil test, and cue the smoke! I'm now guessing that the wire didn't break so much as someone cut it. Going to have to try to figure that one out. No diode present on either slingshot coil, so I'm guessing maybe a bad transistor?

2. When doing the "all lamps" test, a bunch of lights on the right side of the backbox aren't lighting. That will take some investigating.

3. The "advance" service button doesn't seem to work; swtich itself feels funky. Looks like I need to replace the swtich itself.

Playfield has a lot of ball swirl and some wear areas down to the wood. I'll post some pictures of that later.

#19 6 years ago

Thanks, all. Good to see someone local too, Melbourne.

I should have checked the coils before I powered it on; lesson learned. I guess that wire was disconnected for a reason. Didn't seem to damage anything else as my son has been playing it (sans left slingshot) for hours with no problem. I'll have to get into it tonight to see about fuses, connectors, and such. The GI connectors didn't seem to be burned at all, but maybe I'll take them off and check them one by one to make sure. I also re-read Clay's repair guide so I have my plan of attack laid out to test the coil, transistor, and pre-driver. This will be a good learning experience for owning future machines.

I'll also get some pictures of the playfield tonight. Need some advice how to deal with a couple of wear spots. Thankfully though, all the ramps are in great shape (except for the end of the comet ramp which was broken and been repaired.....have a mantis kit on the way for that).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Evansville, IN
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside