(Topic ID: 306605)

Edit: Whoo-Boy the new Matrix movie is ok after all.

By TheFamilyArcade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does this movie suck ass?”

• Yeah. 100% ass suckage. 73 votes
      62%
    • No (I’m wrong, but “no”) 18 votes
      15%
    • Eh, wasn’t so bad. 27 votes
      23%

(Multiple choice - 118 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TV hung 1 (resized).jpg
    571B7FB7-48B5-4A8B-AED2-9CCFDE43AB49.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    apron03 (resized).jpg
    apron03 (resized).jpg
    f276123fa279fa48 (resized).jpg
    5z4vx4 (resized).jpg
    milk-face-adult-woman-her-head-covered-38625518 (resized).jpg
    f9d.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

On the plus side, I’m hearing good things about the Lucy / Ricky movie on Amazon.

#8 2 years ago

Ok now you guys are making me actually want to see this thing.

I suppose I can spare a couple hours on Christmas!

I remember virtually nothing about the original movies at this point so it’ll probably make even less sense

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I was pretty impressed, its a bit too long like all Whichowski flicks but it came correct for me.
    There are some issues of course; the shitty frame drop slow mo they use seemed REALLY bad to me; literally a VHS camcorder effect.
    If anyone thought a trans theme, trans made film on 2021 would do well on Pinside i have no idea what to say to that This site lost their shit over Laura Dern having purple hair in SW FFS

See, this is the opinion I was looking for!

I'll probably watch it in the next day or so.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It can be slow, but I thought all the meta shit at the beginning was great so it didn't bother me at all. It had just the correct amount of nostalgia for me; and I couldn't stand 2 & 3.

The thing is, this franchise/movie has never been a religion to me. I saw the first one twice, thought it was great, and I think I made it through the second one and never bothered with the third.

Perhaps not giving too much of a shit or caring how much it "lives up to the original" will work in my favor!!

My childhood (my mid 20s) is in no danger of being murdered!

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Loved the first three. This one stunk. No plot development. No character development. Agent smith was a shallow shadow of self. Why did he help neo? Frenchman being back was cool but again he was more a monty python frenchman than a real nemesis. Ridiculous lines even for a bill and ted fan. Ugh….destroyed the franchise.

It's one good movie and three awful ones! This is clearly a franchise that needed to be destroyed which is probably the whole point of the movie.

Def getting fired up to watch this one later!

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

There have been some pretty blatant Trans images in the matrix movies. I think he first movie there was literally a character called switch that was female in the real world but male in the matrix.
    My "sister" used to be my brother and loves these movies and has pointed out how "pro trans" they all are.

Spoiler:

And "The One" kind of becomes a woman at the end.

Hey I was was mildly amused by this movie but as I've said I barely remember the old ones. I thought all the "meta" stuff was hilarious and telling.

#179 2 years ago

Witness me Blood Bag!!!!!

Fury Road is probably the best action movie of the past 20 years and the fact that some people disliked it for whatever reason is proof that there's simply no pleasing some of you cranky bastards!!!!

Not that anybody cares but I'd probably rank them..

Road Warrior
    Fury Road
    Thunderdome
    Mad Max (it's good for what it is, a low budget exploitation movie but compared to the others which are certifiably epic it's certainly got some dull moments. It's still a pretty good flick and yeah when I discovered there was a version without the awful voice over dubs etc. it became a lot better)

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Mad Max is clearly second on the list. It’s low budget but a solidly good flick, even with the bad dubbing.
    You could argue between Fury Road and Thunderdome, (I would rank Thunderdome a bit higher)
    But there is a huge gap between Road Warrior and Mad Max, then a huge gap between Mad Max and the others.

All 4 are good movies to watch

Reminds me of a joke….

What does HBO stand for?

“hey, Beastmasters on!”

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought you were kidding…but you were not, this really was a joke: https://movieweb.com/beastmaster-remake/
    Beast master was a great show. I rewatched it for the first time in two decades last year.

What’s TBS stand for?

The Beastmaster Station!

#259 2 years ago

I hate everything and love to bitch.

Therefore, the new Matrix was awesome!

Also everything else sucks, which is also awesome.

I keep telling y’all, life is good!

(Also to be honest everything looks amazing on my new tv so I don’t really care if it sucks)

#263 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hey! It’s gonna be OK after all! Edited first post to reflect the acceptability of M4!

Plot twist!!!

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

The only movie I can think of in regards to changing opinion after several watches would be Prometheus.
    It saddens me though, the number of plot holes and just off kilter situations inserted to drive a story. In example, why would astronaut explorers remove their helmets, even if there is oxygen? Just stupid.
    Seems as though so many stories are created this way. Just lazy writing???

For me Prometheus got worse and stupider every time I saw it. I think I bailed at twice and a half.

Maybe I just like “free” new release movies now but I enjoyed matrix 4.

#290 2 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Why are you all rewatching movies you don't like, multiple times even? It's fine to not like things.

I got a gorgeous new OLED TV so I don't care what is on and I'm re-watching all manner of crap!

And it all looks AMAZING!

2 weeks later
    #300 2 years ago

My favorite stuff in the New Matrix - I think my favorite stuff in all Matrix - are the scenes at work. Especially the White Rabbit montage. Just awesome!

THere's really something about the freaky, mind-numbing, unreal banality of going to an office every day that really is almost psychedelic!

Hopefully Matrix 5 is set 100 percent in the office.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoo-boy-the-new-matrix-movie-sucks?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.