(Topic ID: 306605)

Edit: Whoo-Boy the new Matrix movie is ok after all.

By TheFamilyArcade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does this movie suck ass?”

• Yeah. 100% ass suckage. 73 votes
      62%
    • No (I’m wrong, but “no”) 18 votes
      15%
    • Eh, wasn’t so bad. 27 votes
      23%

(Multiple choice - 118 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TV hung 1 (resized).jpg
    571B7FB7-48B5-4A8B-AED2-9CCFDE43AB49.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    apron03 (resized).jpg
    apron03 (resized).jpg
    f276123fa279fa48 (resized).jpg
    5z4vx4 (resized).jpg
    milk-face-adult-woman-her-head-covered-38625518 (resized).jpg
    f9d.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So some day in the future, it will be on cable, and I will give it 15 minutes.

I must live in the future, cuz it’s on HBO Max right now!

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Did you expect anything less from such incompetent directors? Jupiter Ascending was ATROCIOUS and the only thing the Wachowski’s are good at is stealing ideas and repackaging them as their own

Jupiter is off the charts horrible. My wife & I still make fun of it all the time - “My friends call me Jupe!” …and all the nonsense about bees lol

I also thought their Speed Racer was horrible, although that seems to have a fan base now.

However, I highly recommend Cloud Atlas. I’ll go to bat for the Wachowski’s all day long on that one. One of my favorite movies of all time, a legit work of art that gets better and better the more you watch it. If anything, it’s one of the best editing jobs of all time…cutting between 6 different stories with entirely different tones, yet somehow weaving it all together with a cohesive flow & structure. Amazing.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And I have HBO Max. And yet after that last turd of a movie, they can't even get me excited enough to thumb a remote.

LOL, I’ll watch it cuz it’s “free”. If it’s as awful as people are saying, I’ll turn it off. Easy peasy. Too bad I paid to see Ghostbusters Afterlife…Sat though that entire boring nostalgia bukkake.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Dark Fate was a terrible movie. The rest after T2 had intriguing ideas and concepts but never really pulled it off. The fan edit of T3 takes some of the more cringy elements out of the movie and makes it a little better but there is only so far you can go.

I respect T3 because it respects a fundamental truth about time travel: if you’re witnessing robots from the future, that future has happened. Judgement Day has to happen. There are no Terminator stories or John Connor’s existence without that future. Genesys & Dark Fate don’t respect that loop.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles series is actually really good & has a lot of interesting takes on the story/more/concept. Worth watching if you haven’t seen it.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Cameron and T3 onwards was all crap by different directors. Cameron made Dark Fate because he had personally stated how much he hated all the other films in the franchise and how they butchered his original vision

Cameron did not direct or write Dark Fate. He gets producer credit as a courtesy & paycheck.

#101 2 years ago

OMG, I’m an hour into this thing & had to shut it off. WTF *IS* this?!??! The writing, the acting, the cinematography, the music…horrible….and the worst sin, boring.

Watch Cloud Atlas. You’ll see an amazing movie with great characters, great acting, amazing editing, beautiful music. Definitely the Wachawski’s best work - but they collaborated with director Tom Tykwer (Run Lola Run) & were adapting a great book. I have a feeling the extra talent they were working with & pulling from saved the day.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

The real question is: Would you rather watch Matrix 4 or play Ghostbusters for an hour?

Dang, that’s an existential nightmare.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Let me guess, it sucks because it is “ woke Hollywood crap “ again?

No, it just sucks because it sucks. It’s nostalgia bukkake & doesn’t understand what made the original great. Not that it has to recreate a formula, but if you’re going to do something different, it has to have something magical there & not just rely on “remember this” stuff. Same reason GB Afterlife sucked….but at least GBA was somewhat competent as a film.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

My review of Matrix

Agree with your take on this. Furiosa was good, I had no problem with that character. But man I wanted to see Mad Max kick some ass. That didn’t happen. It just felt like an entire movie of Mad Max being beaten on. It is a visually entertaining movie for sure.
    If you are craving some Mad Max, you can always revisit Mad Max and Road Warrior, and to a lesser extent, Thunderdome. The original one never gets old, I have watched that many times. And when you look at the way it was made, all with no CGI, it’s crazy.

I never saw a Mad Max movie before I saw Fury Road…so - having zero expectations or series knowledge, I really enjoyed it. It’s the type of apeshit movie full of style & action that we really don’t see anymore from current films.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

This baffles me. Its like when every once in a while someone around my age says they never saw Star Wars. Like, I wonder if they grew up in some small little children of the corn type of town.

Can’t explain it. I pretty much saw every movie in the 80s - went to the theater every week and watched tons on HBO. A few slipped through the cracks, and the few times I’ve tried to watch the original Mad Max, I just get really bored and turn it off lol. Maybe I’ll try again one day.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I saw Mad Max, The Road Warrior. and Thunderdome in the theater with my dad. He had no problem taking his little sons to violent R rated movies. Also saw Road Warrior on VHS and cable at least 50 times as a kid.

My grandma took me to see Robocop when I was 10 lol. My dad took me to Nightmare on Elm St. 3: Dream Warriors

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

We’re about to sit down in our new home theatre and chose Dune over Matrix .The Matrix trailers turned me off .Dune seems mixed and I’ll take that .

Dune was really good. I thought it would be boring or confusing based on its cinematic history - but I really enjoyed it & am looking forward to Part 2.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dune was boring but really good. Enjoyed it. Matrix is awesome. Seems like those that didn’t like it, didn’t get it? To be fair, You gotta understand matrix 2&3 to get the 4th.
    Edit: I think a lot of people are stuck on how good Matrix 1 was, that they forgot there’s a whole story outside of the matrix.

You can get it and still think it sucks. How can you find Dune boring but not Faketrix 4?!

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

If you’re a fan of the original, you’ll enjoy the new one.

If someone told me this before I watched the new one, I’d never speak to them again.

It’s clear that everyone who hates this one is mostly BECAUSE they’re a fan of the original.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Still do it today; brits/aussies gotta drop their accents all the time.

Well, putting on an accent for a character is much different than getting dubbed after filming. It wouldn’t make sense for Peter Parker to be played with Tom Holland’s real accent.

When I was a kid, I was so used to how Bob Hoskins sounded in Roger Rabbit & Super Mario, I thought he was putting on a fake accent for Hook. Blew my mind when I found out that was his real accent!

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is as logical as people being upset JJ is African American (or whatever the characters name is). It makes as much sense as making Nazis speak English with German accents.
    Nothing has to make sense anymore in movies.
    Instead, we get bueatiful voice Tom Hardy doing a dreadful Venom accent *shutter*
    Edit: lest we forget the Patriot, Heath losing an accent to play an american that didn't have an accent.

Uh….huh? Alls I’m saying is Peter Parker is a kid from NY, so the British actor is playing him with an American accent. Completely different thing than a company dubbing a movie because they think American audiences won’t want to watch a “foreign” movie.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nobody cares is my point; canon is dead.
    Peter Parker didn't have organic web shooters until the Raimi flicks but we all survived.
    Hell we have diff'rent version of the same characters running amock before they made a film aboot that very thing

What does dubbing have to do with purposeful accent choices have to do with canon have to do with The Matrix? Lol …can we just get back to Matrix 4 sucking ass?

#215 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

I fell asleep halfway through it, absolutely awful.
    The only positive is that it makes Matrix 2 and 3 look decent by comparison.

I feel asleep 3 times before finally finishing it. Ooph. How unfortunate. I know Keanu’s acting has been made fun of before, but at the end of the day it usually works for his characters….but this? OMG…I think he was a fake CG AI & not even really Keanu. He blurts every word & each sentence has zero tone or emotion. It makes me wonder if he was even on set with anyone…maybe he shot all his scenes alone and they’d just feed him out of context lines to repeat.

#233 2 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Guess I'll wait for #4 on disc.

Why wait for it on disc? It’s on HBO max now. Sign up for a free trial, watch it, and quit.

#246 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

They got Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss. Both did a fantastic performance like you would expect.

Wha….what?! Keanu’s acting in this movie is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen. They might as well have saved a few bucks and recast Neo with Tommy Wisseau.

#247 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you’re a fan of the series and understand the story line you’ll like the 4th. I think a lot of ppl who hate didn’t understand what was going on or know the why, they seem to just wanted special effects and a straight linear story?

Nah, we get what’s going on- it’s just poorly written, poorly acted, poorly, shot, poorly edited, poorly paced, poorly structured and was just a bunch of nonsense bullshit.

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Coincidentally, this pretty much exactly is how i'd label your posts in that ridiculous EHOH sales thread.

Cool, totally relevant to this thread. Sticking up for my friend is totally the same thing as a shitty movie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoo-boy-the-new-matrix-movie-sucks?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.