(Topic ID: 306605)

Edit: Whoo-Boy the new Matrix movie is ok after all.

By TheFamilyArcade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does this movie suck ass?”

• Yeah. 100% ass suckage. 73 votes
      62%
    • No (I’m wrong, but “no”) 18 votes
      15%
    • Eh, wasn’t so bad. 27 votes
      23%

(Multiple choice - 118 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TV hung 1 (resized).jpg
    571B7FB7-48B5-4A8B-AED2-9CCFDE43AB49.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    apron03 (resized).jpg
    apron03 (resized).jpg
    f276123fa279fa48 (resized).jpg
    5z4vx4 (resized).jpg
    milk-face-adult-woman-her-head-covered-38625518 (resized).jpg
    f9d.gif
    There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Matrix 4 is so bad that they explain Neo and Trinity being alive by just saying the machines rebuilt their bodies, and then NPH actually says that the process was really expensive... Like the machines have some kind of financial economy and they're worried about how much they're spending on resurrecting humans. I can't get over how badly written this movie is. Keanu is too nice. He needs to learn to say no to his friends.

NPH explains how they have to keep Neo away from Trinity and then Neo's handler deliberately introduces them to each other.

WTH.

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Just watch this….
    After seeing this, I don’t get why they felt the need even to make it.
    It does nothing for me as a matrix fan, but see old characters be old and relive the matrix 1 again, but worse. The movie makes fun of itself the entire time. It was entertainment of some sort, I wouldn’t recommend it unless it was on of the last things you had left to watch on hbo max

We only have this movie because Hollywood life styles need to be maintained and the bills need paid. It's the only reason they felt the need to make this pile.

By this time they should know- nobody gives a shit about the Neo-Trinity love connection or Zion bullshit. Should have just stuck with the epic premise of saving mankind from being power slaves. Instead they just blazed up a giant crack rock, wrote whatever was cheapest to produce and watched the dollars come in for more crack rocks.

#203 2 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

We only have this movie because Hollywood life styles need to be maintained and the bills need paid. It's the only reason they felt the need to make this pile.

Which is why I laugh about various "awards" given to movies- The vast majority of them are awarded by the very people who make them and are often rigged to boot!

They are all scoundrels and worse.

The Victorians were of the opinion that actors and actresses were actually a cut below prostitutes. After doing some research into Hollywood for a few months I can find no evidence the Victorians were in error with their assessment.

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought you were kidding…but you were not, this really was a joke: https://movieweb.com/beastmaster-remake/
    Beast master was a great show. I rewatched it for the first time in two decades last year.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s TBS stand for?
    The Beastmaster Station!

Hah, I haven't seen episodes of beastmaster since it originally aired. Does it hold up or is it cheesy like late 90s early 00's shows tend to be?

I remember seeing Andromeda, Beastmaster, Hercules, Xena, the Lost World, Smallville, and Star Trek Voyager all around the same time. Voyager and Smallville are probably the only one I've revisited start to finish out of that group since then. I've tried to revisit Andromeda, but couldn't really get into it.

#205 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Which is why I laugh about various "awards" given to movies- The vast majority of them are awarded by the very people who make them and are often rigged to boot!
    They are all scoundrels and worse.
    The Victorians were of the opinion that actors and actresses were actually a cut below prostitutes. After doing some research into Hollywood for a few months I can find no evidence the Victorians were in error with their assessment.

I think the prostitution profession has more ethics than Hollywood. Look all the way back to the 1920s, was just like today.

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Worst film? Wow there has been so many stinkers the only ones that come to mind off the top of my head are Blade II, The Last Jedi and Children of Men. Children of Men was so mind-numbing bad we just shut off the player half way through and its been in the box ever since.
    Fantastic start, interesting concept and it just dies half way through.
    And yes Jupiter was terrible, my wife said delete it now when the credits rolled.

No, no, no... Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter takes the title for worst movie...

#207 2 years ago

sorry but if you didn't like Fury Road or Children of Men you've really got no call to criticize anything due to incredibly poor taste

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

sorry but if you didn't like Fury Road or Children of Men you've really got no call to criticize anything due to incredibly poor taste

Fury Road wasn't about Max and I'd rather watch paint dry then see Children of Men again.

I guess "Furiosa: Fury Road" might have sold fewer tickets.

Max was a bit character in his own movie.

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Did you expect anything less from such incompetent directors? Jupiter Ascending was ATROCIOUS

"Bees are genetically disposed to recognize the queen"
    Moon boots.
    "I love dogs"
    Gets dressed up for toilet cleaning.
    Kunis Can't screem.
    Channing Tatum with just dog ears and a nose.
    Crashes ship in the side of the "cathedral" and no one is sucked out.
    The villain is laughable.
    Slowed pacing.
    Dog man does not die when launched out into space.

#211 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought you were kidding…but you were not, this really was a joke: https://movieweb.com/beastmaster-remake/
    Beast master was a great show. I rewatched it for the first time in two decades last year.

Tonya Roberts was smokin. I haven’t seen so much ass in a movie since “ Yor, the Hunter from the future.”

#212 2 years ago

After sitting through the latest movie, I wished I had taken the Blue Pill before hand. Very disappointed. A cash grab movie and nothing more.

#213 2 years ago

I fell asleep halfway through it, absolutely awful.

The only positive is that it makes Matrix 2 and 3 look decent by comparison.

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

Kind of like when The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker came out and people realized Episodes 1-3 were actually pretty damn good.

#215 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

I feel asleep 3 times before finally finishing it. Ooph. How unfortunate. I know Keanu’s acting has been made fun of before, but at the end of the day it usually works for his characters….but this? OMG…I think he was a fake CG AI & not even really Keanu. He blurts every word & each sentence has zero tone or emotion. It makes me wonder if he was even on set with anyone…maybe he shot all his scenes alone and they’d just feed him out of context lines to repeat.

#216 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I feel asleep 3 times before finally finishing it. Ooph. How unfortunate. I know Keanu’s acting has been made fun of before, but at the end of the day it usually works for his characters….but this? OMG…I think he was a fake CG AI & not even really Keanu. He blurts every word & each sentence has zero tone or emotion. It makes me wonder if he was even on set with anyone…maybe he shot all his scenes alone and they’d just feed him out of context lines to repeat.

It wouldn't be surprising - I've definitely noticed a lot of this sort of thing in TV and movies the past couple years.

#217 2 years ago

Well that was something......

An unnecessary sequel that kinda acted like a remake, but also tried to be totally new. Pretty much every couple minutes, with every new ridiculous line of nonsensical dialog, or with every new character introduction that the audience couldn't care less about, the story just kept sinking & sinking to the rock bottom finale.

I threw my hands up about an hour in when the sentient machines & humans were now working together? Programs are now physical reconstructions in the real world? What's real? What isn't? What's going on? Is Trinity the One now? Or there's some new Neo-Trinity-binary-nonbinary-yan-yang-oneness allegory? IDK but by the time that ending arrived I had mentally checked out at least an hour before that. Props to Laurence Fishburne & Hugo Weaving for reading this script & throwing it in the trash.

Possibly the worst script ever written? The most boring action movie ever made? I read an article where Keanu was saying the cast did like a year of physical fight training for the first Matrix, and admitted to doing absolutely none for Matrix 4. Shocking. Looking forward to Red Letter Media breaking this down on YouTube & tearing it to complete shreds.

#218 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Props to Laurence Fishburne & Hugo Weaving for reading this script & throwing it in the trash.

They were actually in talks to have Weaving return, when they found out there was a scheduling conflict they dropped him like a hot brick. Didn't even try to work around his schedule, just bye.

Always thought Fishburne was in the Gene Hackman school of actor motivation and surprised he isn't in it. When Fishburne was asked he was surprisingly vague about it if you parse his answer closely.

#219 2 years ago

I finally got around to watching it… my mom taught me that if I didn’t have anything nice to say, I probably just watched the third attempt at a sequel that fails to be as good as the first movie was.

#220 2 years ago

After reflecting on the movie for a while, I don't think H Weaving would have helped save the movie in any significant way. It would have been great to see him in it, but that would just be nostalgia. It wouldn't save the rest of the mess.

As far as I Reeves, he just does what he does, and collects big bucks for it. Seemed to be the exact same character and acting as all the John Wick movies.

Also yes they cheaped out on the fighting. All the pushing stuff around by Neo and the typical fast cut fight scenes by the others was really annoying.

#221 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

After reflecting on the movie for a while, I don't think H Weaving would have helped save the movie in any significant way. It would have been great to see him in it, but that would just be nostalgia.

Oh it would have not fixed the storyline one iota but would have added an interesting layer of suspense to the scenes with "Neo and Smith"

#222 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Oh it would have not fixed the storyline one iota but would have added an interesting layer of suspense to the scenes with "Neo and Smith"

They were trying to cram as much "Hey, remember this cool thing we did in the first movie? Well....we're not doing it here. Just reminding everyone how cool it was in case you forgot."

And they got so busy with that, the plot got left behind at the train station.

#223 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They were trying to cram as much "Hey, remember this cool thing we did in the first movie? Well....we're not doing it here. Just reminding everyone how cool it was in case you forgot."
    And they got so busy with that, the plot got left behind at the train station.

They did try to hire Weaver though.

#224 2 years ago

So are you excited about a Matrix pinball based on film #4 alone? What if it were based on films #2-4? What about if it were based on film #1-4? What about if it were based only on film #1?

I’d be pretty excited about a pin based on films #1-4 and would exciteagizmo’d about one based on the original film only. I’d love to see what JJP could do with it. Time will tell, but I don’t think they are proceeding on this license. anyways.

#225 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So are you excited about a Matrix pinball based on film #4 alone? What if it were based on films #2-4? What about if it were based on film #1-4? What about if it were based only on film #1?
    I’d be pretty excited about a pin based on films #1-4 and would exciteagizmo’d about one based on the original film only. I’d love to see what JJP could do with it. Time will tell, but I don’t think they are proceeding on this license. anyways.

Film #1 is the one that has all the world building in it. A lot of that would work for a game, either as the sole source material for a game, or packed with the other sequels. Even though the sequels have issues, films #1-#3 can pretty much tell a complete story when put together.

Considering what a mess #4 was, I don't think you could really do a complete stand-alone pin from it and have it turn out well.

#226 2 years ago

I finally saw it and I don’t get the hate. It was fine. Nowhere near as good as the first but very comparable to the third. But I’m a sucker for movies in universes I love. I didn’t even hate the last Jedi…. I know. I know.

#227 2 years ago

Did you expect anything less from such incompetent directors? Jupiter Ascending was ATROCIOUS and the only thing the Wachowski’s are good at is stealing ideas and repackaging them as their own. I still firmly believe they stole the Matrix and they’d tried ripping off parts of the sequels which is why it’s a disjointed mess.

There are a bunch of youtube videos showing how wachowskis stole the story, plot and actual sets from Dark City. I'm looking forward to seeing Dark City, but this matrix four will wait for being free to roku. Matrix 2 and 3 were pretty lame in my mind. I expect this to be worse.

#228 2 years ago

Watched it today. After reading all the negative reviews here I was expecting the absolute worst. Maybe that’s why I thought it was pretty good. I liked being taken back to that world. I wasn’t expecting an Oscar winning film, just wanted to be entertained and it did just that.

#229 2 years ago

Awwww, this sucks. Was really looking forward to ponying up my dough to see it on the big screen, even with the lukewarm reviews, and this thread has put the kibosh on that. Loved #1, liked #2 and #3, and (since I haven't seen it mentioned here yet) I really dug The Animatrix filling in the holes in the Matrix background. Guess I'll wait for #4 on disc.

#230 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I finally saw it and I don’t get the hate. It was fine. Nowhere near as good as the first but very comparable to the third. But I’m a sucker for movies in universes I love. I didn’t even hate the last Jedi…. I know. I know.

I’m pretty sure someone was just jingling a set of keys in front of you for 2 hours. There’s no way you actually watched the same movie (movies since you mentioned the last Jedi) and then posted that it was fine.

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I didn’t even hate the last Jedi…. I know. I know

Your post had a chance of garnering some support before you included this closing statement. That movie single handedly ruined the entire Star War universe for many.

#232 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Your post had a chance of garnering some support before you included this closing statement. That movie single handedly ruined the entire Star War universe for many.

My work here is done, g'nite.

f276123fa279fa48 (resized).jpgf276123fa279fa48 (resized).jpg
    #233 2 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Guess I'll wait for #4 on disc.

Why wait for it on disc? It’s on HBO max now. Sign up for a free trial, watch it, and quit.

#234 2 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Awwww, this sucks. Was really looking forward to ponying up my dough to see it on the big screen, even with the lukewarm reviews, and this thread has put the kibosh on that. Loved #1, liked #2 and #3, and (since I haven't seen it mentioned here yet) I really dug The Animatrix filling in the holes in the Matrix background. Guess I'll wait for #4 on disc.

If you’re a fan of the series and understand the story line you’ll like the 4th. I think a lot of ppl who hate didn’t understand what was going on or know the why, they seem to just wanted special effects and a straight linear story?

#235 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you’re a fan of the series and understand the story line you’ll like the 4th. I think a lot of ppl who hate didn’t understand what was going on or know the why, they seem to just wanted special effects and a straight linear story?

I’m a huge fan and understand the story entirely
    Movie still sucked

#236 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

lol this is insufferable

#238 2 years ago

I watched this by myself and then with the family this week. My take is very similar to the popular opinion here, but I wouldn't say it sucked. Now, this is because I already had HBO Max and didn't pay to see in the theater. Otherwise, I would say it sucked.

Pros - They got Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss. Both did a fantastic performance like you would expect. The concept of the film/story I iked. It hand waved the two other sequels almost in a believable way playing it off as a video game. I didn't mind the ending either.

Cons - It felt like a low budget film, as if they spent all their money on KR and CAM and didn't have enough for the important stuff. The flashbacks in the beginning made sense, but they carried them way too far. This compounded the low budget feel. The color grading wasn't what you would expect and the action appeared like they ran out of money. The casting, besides KR and CAM was very bad.

Basically, everything they got right with the first Matrix they failed to recreate. I'll continue to watch Matrix 1 from time to time, but I will never revist any of the sequels.

#239 2 years ago

Resurrections was really good. Managed to do something different with the concept moving forward, while also having plenty of fan service/nostalgia stuff too. The only thing that would have made it amazing is if Hugo Weaving could have had a part in it.

#240 2 years ago

Did you expect anything less from such incompetent directors? Jupiter Ascending was ATROCIOUS and the only thing the Wachowski’s are good at is stealing ideas and repackaging them as their own. I still firmly believe they stole the Matrix and they’d tried ripping off parts of the sequels which is why it’s a disjointed mess.

This might be the dumbest comment i've ever read on this board. Good jesus. Incompetent? In what world do you live in? Vendetta and The Matrix are both incredible. I'll wait on your surely amazing feature film you immensely talented individual.

#241 2 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

This might be the dumbest comment i've ever read on this board. Good jesus. Incompetent? In what world do you live in? Vendetta and The Matrix are both incredible. I'll wait on your surely amazing feature film you immensely talented individual.

Matrix was great, everything else they have done has been questionable including V for Vendetta.

apron03 (resized).jpgapron03 (resized).jpg
    #242 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Matrix was great, everything else they have done has been questionable including V for Vendetta.[quoted image]

Yeah, only one of the best movies made all-time. Just an 8,1 IMDB rating. Some of you people are out of their goddamn minds.

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:Yeah, only one of the best movies made all-time.

apron03 (resized).jpgapron03 (resized).jpg
    #244 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

Top-notch argument, pal.

#245 2 years ago

My opinion about this subjective art is correct, and if you don't agree you are wrong! If consensus opinion also agrees with me I will use it to prop up my misguided stance; however if it does not I will point out that the majority of people are dumb anyway! Insert inflammatory statements and grade school insults here to fill in the rest of my comment as there really is no logically sound argument to make for my stance, and I don't wish to contribute to this conversation in any way which may actually broaden my own perspective!

#246 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

They got Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss. Both did a fantastic performance like you would expect.

Wha….what?! Keanu’s acting in this movie is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen. They might as well have saved a few bucks and recast Neo with Tommy Wisseau.

#247 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nah, we get what’s going on- it’s just poorly written, poorly acted, poorly, shot, poorly edited, poorly paced, poorly structured and was just a bunch of nonsense bullshit.

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, we get what’s going on- it’s just poorly written, poorly acted, poorly, shot, poorly edited, poorly paced, poorly structured and was just a bunch of nonsense bullshit.

Coincidentally, this pretty much exactly is how i'd label your posts in that ridiculous EHOH sales thread.

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Coincidentally, this pretty much exactly is how i'd label your posts in that ridiculous EHOH sales thread.

Cool, totally relevant to this thread. Sticking up for my friend is totally the same thing as a shitty movie

#250 2 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Even the creator, Alan Moore, said that the Wachowski’s mutilated, and butchered his story. They changed ALL the characters and made it a US-centric political hack job.

I enjoy V for Vendetta and the action scenes, especially the final fight is bad to the bone! But phenomenal choreography alone doesn’t prop up a shite story. Matrix: Reloaded being a relevant example. More fights, bigger fights, more “powers” on display, movie was still a stinker because the story lost its way and forgot what it was about.

There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoo-boy-the-new-matrix-movie-sucks/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.