• Latest reply 7 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

I have a Whodunnit. The Slot reels on the playfield appear to function correctly in test, and they spin and stop when they should during a game. The slot reel values, however, almost never match what is show on the DMD display. I'd assume this is incorrect, and they are supposed to match?

I haven't taken a look under the hood yet.

#2 7 years ago

Yes

#3 7 years ago

Yes they match. The stickers that go on each slot are labeled 1, 2 and 3... but because B/W is dumb, they do not go left to right 1,2,3. So first make sure the optos are working and seeing the notch in the reels. Then verify the order of the decals, in case someone replaced them incorrectly. I think it's 3-1-2

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Yes they match. The stickers that go on each slot are labeled 1, 2 and 3... but because B/W is dumb, they do not go left to right 1,2,3. So first make sure the optos are working and seeing the notch in the reels. Then verify the order of the decals, in case someone replaced them incorrectly. I think it's 3-1-2

Thank you.

1 week later
#5 7 years ago

LOL

Yeah, that's exactly what the idiot who worked on this game before me did. Surprised they didn't notice the reels weren't working right but this is the problem. Thanks for the tip.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

the wildcard reel on the left with the arrows pointing both ways should have been a hint that it went in the middle hahah.

#7 7 years ago

the wildcard reel on the left with the arrows pointing both ways should have been a hint that it went in the middle hahah.

In retrospect lol

Took me like a week to accept the fact that these things just didn't work right (or ever match anything on the screen) and that I was going to have to take it apart. Actually pretty straightforward and painless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
PinSound

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whodunnit-slot-reels-match-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.