(Topic ID: 304678)

Color DMD issue

By marioparty34

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

257734694_3144255309233269_7197358803157268216_n (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I turned on my game today and this is what the screen shows.

I checked all the fuses and the connectors and nothing seems wrong.

Can someone please help? It seems like it is trying to tell me there is an error but I can't make it out.

Thanks!

257734694_3144255309233269_7197358803157268216_n (resized).jpg257734694_3144255309233269_7197358803157268216_n (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Ah wish I could help. I am following as I have a color DMD on my Tales from the Crypt

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I turned on my game today and this is what the screen shows.
    I checked all the fuses and the connectors and nothing seems wrong.
    Can someone please help? It seems like it is trying to tell me there is an error but I can't make it out.
    Thanks!
    [quoted image]

Contact the DMD guys, they are really good with support. Are all voltages solid on all boards?

#4 2 years ago

I had an issue where the Color DMD was displaying incorrectly. Reseated video cable and it went away. Eventually just replaced the cable when I got the chance.

#5 2 years ago

Looks like the game is throwing a non-DMD related error, possibly something with the trough. Swap in a regular DMD to see if the screen is readable. The colorDMD draws more from +12v supply and if that is weak, it may be causing low voltage for optos.

#6 2 years ago

reach out to Randy at Colordmd ... great customer service !

#7 2 years ago

If the menus on the display look correct using the buttons on the rear of the display, and you're only seeing problems with the video from the game, it's usually an issue with the signal coming from the game.

(1) Reseat all connectors on the two wide ribbon cables that run from the MPU to the WPC DMD controller.
    (2) Run a display test from the game menus and let it run all the way to the end to check reads/writes from the MPU to the video RAM on the WPC DMD controller board.

For additional help, use the email address listed on the contact page of our site.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

If the menus on the display look correct using the buttons on the rear of the display, and you're only seeing problems with the video from the game, it's usually an issue with the signal coming from the game.
    (1) Reseat all connectors on the two wide ribbon cables that run from the MPU to the WPC DMD controller.
    (2) Run a display test from the game menus and let it run all the way to the end to check reads/writes from the MPU to the video RAM on the WPC DMD controller board.
    For additional help, use the email address listed on the contact page of our site.

As soon as I get back into town I will test it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whodunnit-cdmd-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.