• Latest reply 8 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MrEd.jpeg
WNBJM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I was at Allentown and they had 2 WNJM set up. Very nice looking pins with real wood and the crate was a nice touch, I had thought that maybe the crates would make the machines wobbly, but they were not.

I was interested to see that there was never a line. I mean people were playing, but at times I could play 5 games before someone came up behind me to play.

I will say, I have never played EM games except now and then. I really didn't understand the rules, but it was odd for me no ramps, really slow ball, no pitch not sure what to shoot for. But overall, I thought that it was fun to play. I would consider one as an different type of pin, and novelty. I thought it was fun. Probably if it was a different theme as well, but even this theme was cool and the art was nice.

I hope that it's a mild success and maybe more of these types of pins are made. I only thought that the cost was a bit too high. If these were sold at around $4000 delivered, I think it would attract a lot of people. My father-in-law for example, he likes my pins but not so much the speed and he even tells me he doesn't care for Multiball. he's 75 years old and I think he would be a perfect target audience.

I know regular EMs are so much cheaper, but having a new SS game that does not need a lot of attention to keep working would probably sell to very casual players. As well as pinheads who like to have something different. But I'm not sure if it costs $6000 that may really limit the potential sales.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I thought the game was fast and fun, but it's not an EM in any way, shape, or form.
At $5400, your father can buy it if it appeals to him.
If not, there are many thousands of other titles. He could get a completely re-manufactured EBD for $4000 - everybody loves that game.

Not my father, my father-in-law. And as I said, there's no way he'd pay $6000 for one. Even $5400 is that what they cost? I thought the MSRP was $6500.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pay retail?? Furgitaboutit.

I never said retail. I said the MSRP was $6500 so like other pins take off a 20% it's more than a Stern pro.

Quoted from vid1900:

but it's not an EM in any way, shape, or form.

I never said it was an EM, I said it was a SS game that plays like an EM. I said maybe people don't want the trouble of buying a 20-30 year old game and would prefer a SS game that plays like an EM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nelly-what-did-you-guys-think?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.