daisy-duke-girl-20.jpg
daisy-dukes-shorts-4_thumb.jpg
daisy-500-11.jpg
1377565197_Daisy-Dukes.jpg
4a496f4b53567d63ba73b1563db852c3f4b38cd4.jpg
968full-40-drool-inducing-photos-of-hotties-in-daisy-dukes.jpg
$_12.JPG
10-28-2014 9-45-02 PM.jpg
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 9 years ago

Hot chicks love the game.

It's only the insecure broads crying over cartoons.

Ladies Love Jucy Mellons.jpgLadies Love Jucy Mellons.jpg
#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I am 100% confident in saying not a single local female *player* would have an issue with this game. Can't speak for the guy's wives that refuse to socialize with the community.

Same would apply here. Not a single lady would care. Pinhead, Pinhead wife or GF, or innocent female bystander.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If they can't take a joke, get back in the kitchen.

you realise jokes where the punchline is sexist are still sexist, right? no different than telling racist jokes.

#104 9 years ago

New posters are just now discovering Stern's aggressive approach to curating their Facebook page:

Dylan Malone Wait, did they really delete the almost entirely thoughtful criticisms that all boiled down to: "we love you Stern. This is a mistake, you're better than this." ?

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

New posters are just now discovering Stern's aggressive approach to curating their Facebook page:
Dylan Malone Wait, did they really delete the almost entirely thoughtful criticisms that all boiled down to: "we love you Stern. This is a mistake, you're better than this." ?

LMAO!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you realise jokes where the punchline is sexist are still sexist, right? no different than telling racist jokes.

Sarcasm is hard for some people to detect.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sarcasm is hard for some people to detect.

you weren't being sarcastic though. you were making jokes about women getting back in the kitchen and how only ugly girls complain about sexism. that's not sarcasm. the opposite in fact -- you were quite earnestly dismissive of the complaints of sexism.

#108 9 years ago

There is an easy "fix" for the negative publicity - just reveal that "Melony Mellon" is transgender. Then the PC crowd has to make a choice to continue to hate the game because "it's for men who objectify women" or support "Melony's choice".

#109 9 years ago

With no ramps, toys or deep code this should be priced below a Pro.
I'm thinking a MSRP of $3995 they would sell a ton.

#110 9 years ago

Liberals have to be the most humourless bunch of whiners in existence. If you are bothered by this pinball machine, regardless of whether you are female or male, you have bigger issues to worry about.

#111 9 years ago

Good thing they didn't decide to remake the Playboy machine!

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

With no ramps, toys or deep code this should be priced below a Pro.
I'm thinking a MSRP of $3999 they would sell a ton.

Lets hope!

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

Liberals have to be the most humourless bunch of whiners in existence. If you are bothered by this pinball machine, regardless of whether you are female or male, you have bigger issues to worry about.

Yeah how the hell does that have anything to do with it. I'm probably "liberal" by whatever standards you use, but I'm not PC at *all*.

Take your politics crap elsewhere. Although it is funny to see that even other countries have to put up with this liberal/conservative BULLSH...

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you weren't being sarcastic though. you were making jokes about women getting back in the kitchen and how only ugly girls complain about sexism. that's not sarcasm. the opposite in fact -- you were earnestly attempting to be dismissive of complaints of sexism.

Is the show All In The Family racist to you?

#115 9 years ago

All I know is my hot wife approves of sexy games. all I need to know !

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Good thing they didn't decide to remake the Playboy machine!

Playboy on a P2K platform... mhhmmm

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

If you are bothered by this pinball machine, regardless of whether you are female or male, you have bigger issues to worry about.

I fully agree with that part!

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

no. and if you were playing a caricature of sexism in an attempt to show how ignorant it is, then you'd be in the clear. but you were doing the opposite - you were making fun of the people who complain about sexism.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

Plyaboy on a P2K platform... mhhmmm

For the guys who like woodworking...

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

just reveal that "Melony Mellon" is transgender.

I think it's transginger now but I agree with you.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

no. and if you were playing a caricature of sexism in an attempt to show how ugly it was, then you'd be in the clear. but that's not what you were doing the opposite - you were making fun of the people who complain about sexism.

Dude, you don't get it.

You are kind of making a fool out of yourself right now. Slow down and look around.

The game is making fun of sexist guys.

Vid is making fun of sexist guys.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Dude, you don't get it.
You are kind of making a fool out of yourself right now. Slow down and look around yourself.
The game is making fun of sexist guys.
Vid is making fun of sexist guys.

well, literally none of that true.

I don't really care that the majority of dudes will always be convinced of the harmlessness of their casual sexism, but don't pretend that the butt of vid's jokes were anyone other than women. the point of his posts was to be dismissive of the complaints of misogyny.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well, literally none of that true.
I don't really care that the majority of dudes will always be convinced of the harmlessness of their casual sexism, but don't pretend that the butt of vid's jokes were anyone other than women. the point of his posts was to be dismissive of the complaints of misogyny.

Vid has done more for pinball than u will ever contribute to the hobby.
I agree with Vid, people are too PC.
PC people need to move to a country with less rights, and will find out the true meaning of exploited.
Liberals are always pushing the PC envelope.
I am not saying all Liberals are PC, but 90% are always whining about touchy feely stuff.

Post edited by moderator: Thread eject. Let's keep the politics and the "liberal/conservative" stuff off of the site.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I don't really care that the majority of dudes will always be convinced of the harmlessness of their casual sexism, but don't pretend that the butt of vid's jokes were anyone other than women. the point of his posts was to be dismissive of the complaints of sexism.

You know Vid is gay, right? So you can't really bunch him in with "the majority of dudes".

When he makes some grand, chest pounding statement about manly men, he is doing great parody of his gender.

You really need to slow down before you make yourself look more foolish.

#127 9 years ago

Females like the ones posting crap about 'rape culture' make me want to stab them with a spork.

Hi. I'm Jen, and I have boobs. I also like art, culture, humor, gaming, pinball, and ...wait for it... boobs. Especially well drawn ones that make me smile.

I'm obviously also in the minority. I'm used to it.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

You know Vid is gay, right? So you can't really bunch him in with "the majority of dudes".
When he makes some grand, chest pounding statement about manly men, he is doing great parody of his gender.
You really need to slow down before you make yourself look more foolish.

being gay doesn't preclude someone from making sexist posts on the internet, sadly.

Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

no argument there. the rest of your post was ugly garbage not worth responding to, though.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

I agree with Vid, people are too PC.
PC people need to move to a country with less rights, and will find out the true meaning of exploited.
Liberals are always pushing the PC envelope.
I am not saying all Liberals are PC, but 90% are always whining about touchy feely stuff.

Easy rule of thumb to avoid pissing people off by bringing up politics -- think twice before you use the terms "liberal" and "conservative" in your posts. You can make your complaint about people being too "PC" these days or whatever without getting into liberal vs. conservative. As a whiny liberal I've got all kinds of opinions I could share about conservatives, but I don't spew them all over Pinside and I appreciate when others show the same restraint.

#130 9 years ago

Boo hoo all around.

#131 9 years ago

I guess some of these crying people did not see the old pinball backglasses?!? I'm still laughing at all this nonsense over a cartoonish pinball.

My Stern Playboy has full nudes, and noone is complaining when they see it.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

For sure, they only complain after having played it

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

I guess some of these crying people did not see the old pinball backglasses?!? I'm still laughing at all this nonsense over a cartoonish pinball.

I'm sure you could find someone to complain if you invited different folks over -- Stern's Facebook page should provide you with a good jump on your invite list!

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For sure, they only complain after having played it

Post of the day!

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

being gay doesn't preclude someone from making sexist posts on the internet, sadly.

Neither does being oblivious, apparently.

#136 9 years ago

Is Whoa Nellie! a joke/prank by Stern? ............... holding out hope it is a joke...... some please tell me they are joking

#137 9 years ago

OK seriously? Whoever wrote that had to do Big Juicy MelonsTM instead of Big Juicy Melons™? How lazy can you be?

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Is Whoa Nellie! a joke/prank by Stern? ............... holding out hope it is a joke...... some please tell me they are joking

I sure hope is NOT a joke.

#139 9 years ago

That's super cool! Of all the announced but not yet released pins this one interests me the most! I wouldn't have thought to see an old style EM pin getting a release through Stern.
I am currently reading The Pinball Compendium: Electromechanical Era and was thinking it would be pretty cool to have a pin in the style of the old EMs but with more powerful flippers and jet bumpers.

Seems like I am getting my wish. Might drive the price of EMs even further up if people get a taste of the playstyle and start wanting more.

Good to see that interesting stuff happens and pinball could get back to former strength with more interesting ideas being realised.

Quoted from sleethering:

Well, everyone kept asking for a game to ship with finished code. Here ya go.

And Stern can use their redneck voice guy and people will be OK with it this time.

#140 9 years ago

I like that Stern has found a second revenue stream by producing machines for these boutique operations...

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Why in the world would you want it to be a joke? Seriously. It's a damn beautiful machine - and now I'll have a much better chance to actually play one.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Why on earth would you think it was a joke???
Have you ever seen or played one? I have and it's an awesome looking / playing game.
It's great that we can get old school em feel NIB.
Maybe you just don't like em's?
It's great that we have so many options now.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Have you ever seen or played one? I have and it's an awesome looking / playing game.

It does look great, but will argue on the playability. I have a friend who built his own, and the game play doesn't do a thing for me.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

you already could with King of Diamonds remake...

#145 9 years ago

This comment made me LMAO...

"Leon Moncla I'm sure the Stern Facebook police are probably about to pass out. All of this goodness has been saved before it's gone."

But then, these...

"Adam LeBlanc STERN PINBALL, INC. is deleting comments of people saying the table is sexists and leaving those who just want to praise them. This is not how you run a business and people screen capture this. (Gawker should also take note). I have been a big fan of the company but seriously? This is how you react to criticism?"

"Anna Wolk Hey STERN PINBALL INC. what is your criteria for the comments you are deleting from this thread? Or the people you are banning from commenting?"

Well, looks like everything is getting back to normal at Stern's Facebook site. The deletes/bans have worked their magic and it's happy times again, if not a little disjointed with the missing references. I just hope Gawker doesn't see this and get all crazy.

#146 9 years ago

It is amusing to think of Jody at his computer with his eye lid twitching freaking out deleting and banning everyone.

#147 9 years ago

Stern display @ Expo today.

Whoa Gary.jpgWhoa Gary.jpg
#148 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

Stern display @ Expo today.

Transginger!

#149 9 years ago

Eh, they knew the "Ermegerd rape culture!"-people would show up.
Screw 'em! They will forget about this tomorrow and continue to do the immensly important work of leaving nasty comments somewhere else, calling people "worse then* hitler" and maybe creating a hashtag about it. Then, curling up in their bed after a long day on tublr and twitter - sleeping secure in the knowledge that they, yet again, saved the world.

*intentional

#150 9 years ago

Excellent news! This will be my first new in box purchase and my first new stern!
Kinda glad I didn't locate one of the original 4 when I posted that WTB add.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.