(Topic ID: 142983)

Whoa Nellie ranked #1 in Play Meter latest poll.

By DennisNordman

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by NorCalRealtor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1982-sept.jpg
number-1-dad-seinfeld-shirt-fathers-day.png
IMG_20150828_2246335301.jpg
12003175_1058584137507711_4341732088741591340_n.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Seems obvious that the new players prefer newer sterns. When they enter the hobby , likely they will buy what they are
used to playing.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Well, I don't know how official any of these rankings really are

Quoted from frolic:

Looking at the rest of the list, IJ4 being #2, it makes you wonder how many ops actually filled out the survey. Likely extremely small.... single digits, and maybe low single digits.. or maybe just 1. Someone should try and correlate that list with a location(s).

I guess my Seinfeld quote went over everyones head.. lol

number-1-dad-seinfeld-shirt-fathers-day.png

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern never gives sales figures.
Thousands were made, no doubt.

So what you are saying is that you have zero sales figures to prove your point?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Looking at the rest of the list, IJ4 being #2, it makes you wonder how many ops actually filled out the survey. Likely extremely small.... single digits, and maybe low single digits.. or maybe just 1. Someone should try and correlate that list with a location(s).

31 ops filled out the survey, 2 had a Whoa Nellie. 3 had an IJ4. You can just look at the numbers and figure it out pretty easily.

#55 4 years ago

Here are the Play Meter results for Sep of 1982.

Caveman was tearing up the charts!

(and you can see the video games were making more than double the money pins were, requiring less maintenance and less floor space)

1982-sept.jpg

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So what you are saying is that you have zero sales figures to prove your point?

I only "know" what the employees tell me.

If you have a legitimate need for the actual sales figures, call Dave Peterson and plead your case, lol.

#57 4 years ago

Bottom line- Sex sells! Big busty broads with retro gameplay is going to get attention in a bar, simple game rules make this title approachable by maybe someone who has never played pinball before. I have seen a lot of ladies enjoying this game as well.

#58 4 years ago

In 1982, two of the top three were Caveman and Orbitor 1. That tells me how much stock to put in this statistic.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

In 1982, two of the top three were Caveman and Orbitor 1. That tells me how much stock to put in this statistic.

Again, that is what the public was putting the most money into at that point in time.....

...not what some pinheads judged to be the best playing game.

Back in the day, both Caveman and Orbitor were **WOW** games when you first saw them.

#61 4 years ago

Wtf. Play meter doesn't ship to Canada. I was going to subscribe.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

If they are earning money on route then I doubt the ops care weather or not the titles are popular with collectors.

#63 4 years ago

We absolutely love our WNBJM! It gets played a ton at our house whenever we have groups of people over and it is by far the leading gambling game. I have to second the opinion that we have never had one issue with it other than when we first got it it had a corrupt SD card and once it was replaced everything was golden! Great game Dennis!

#64 4 years ago

Nice, Congrats.

1 month later
#65 4 years ago

I just put my Whoa Nellie on location at a local arcade, mainly a pinball arcade. We'll see how it does. I'll report back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 199.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside