(Topic ID: 146277)

Whoa Nellie on crate or legs for location play?

By NorCalRealtor

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by oldskool1969
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Not sure which way to go. Seems like it will be harder to level on the crate and also harder to bump/nudge, which advanced players may not like.

On the other hand, the crate looks awesome and should help the pin stand out from the other 12+ pins there. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of heavy-handed players doing death saves, slamming the pin around, etc.

#2 4 years ago

The crate has levelers on it. Just make sure the crate is level and set the game on it. It's a little stiffer to nudge but you can nudge it.

#3 4 years ago

John's Arcade on Youtube had a video where he talked with the owner of Logan's Arcade in Chicago. He put WNBJM next to some old EMs and said he put it on legs because he liked the idea of people thinking they were playing an old game. I guess the crate would make it stand out.

I could see it making a difference in some people's perception of the game.

#4 4 years ago

I think the crate would make it stand out and make it a MUST PLAY

#5 4 years ago

Crate is a dollar magnet for sure.

#6 4 years ago

The crate has four rubber motor mounts between it and the cabinet. Plenty of give for nudging. There are also regular leg levelers on the bottom of the crate. Raise the rear levelers so the p/f is 6 degrees. Plays nice and snappy! I prefer the crate. Flipper strength is adjustable. It is not advisable to transport the game while attached to the crate.

#7 4 years ago

Are they gonna mop the floor regularly? Not good for a crate.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Are they gonna mop the floor regularly? Not good for a crate.

The crate is setting on levelers and is not actually touching the floor with the levelers installed. If mopping is a concern you can raise the levelers a little more to prevent moisture from constantly hitting it. I'd definitely go with the crate, I bet it earns better with it.

#9 4 years ago

Crate as it gives better aesthetics and makes it more difficult to nudge as the newer STERNS are definitely lighter and easy to tilt. ( makes it harder to steal as well )

#11 4 years ago

Setting it up on the crate was definitely the right call. People seem more drawn to it and really like the look.

#12 4 years ago

Please let us know how it does for you mate. Ripper of a game.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Setting it up on the crate was definitely the right call. People seem more drawn to it and really like the look.

What type of location is it, and what is the price per play?

-Mark

#14 4 years ago

Phoenix Games in Concord, CA. It's a used video game store with a pretty legit arcade in the rear. It's a go-to spot for local pinheads. Our league plays there. I know the owner and the pins are looked after, which makes me comfortable.

I set it to 75 cents per play, or 3 for $2. We'll see how it does.

#15 4 years ago

Thanx!

I was just in the East Bay, until Tuesday, darn.

Hit up Hi Life in Oakland, and Scandia in Fairfield. Also Silvercreek in San José, where I fixed a machine or two.

Will have to check it out on my next trip out there, possibly in a month or so.

I am interested to hear about how well it earns...expensive game to operate at only $0.75/play!

-Mark

3 weeks later
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Phoenix Games in Concord, CA. It's a used video game store with a pretty legit arcade in the rear. It's a go-to spot for local pinheads. Our league plays there. I know the owner and the pins are looked after, which makes me comfortable.
I set it to 75 cents per play, or 3 for $2. We'll see how it does.

Wonder how this is doing for you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 159.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside