IMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1713.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG
I7kgSPI.jpg
download (3).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sounds like my buddy's wife.

you talkin' about me again ?!?

#94 9 years ago

ok,
Here's my thoughts on this game after playing for 3 days.

It's purdy.
Game play is interesting.
I'm not sure the incline was right as the game was a bit slow. But maybe it's meant to be that way.
The playfield roll-over lights above the poppers start off lit, and you have to get the ball to roll over them to turn the light off and activate the coordinating popper scoring below. That was neat. You can't use the flippers to cycle the un/lit lights to be where the ball is heading, so it takes more time & work. That's interesting.

Definitely some skill shot practice needed to hit certain roll-overs to maximize points. Liked that. The primary colors are vivid and the playfield is really well lit. good job on that for sure. Think we've all had/have games where lighting could use some help.

I didn't spend enough time staring at this part, but there's a little LCD-looking display on the bottom-left of the apron that gives different kinds of read-outs for different reasons. I should have studied that better, but it's easy to turn into an A.D.D person at TPF.

There's a saucer on the top-right of the playfield that takes some time & skill to get good at shooting. I like how it's designed to allow the ball to roll-over the saucer, go into the little dog-house design and roll back slowly into the saucer. The rubbers surrounding the dog-house enclosure were worn to hell. Not sure how long they've been there. But this game has seen some serious play time in it's short life, or those rubbers are cheap quality. i dunno...

During several of my games, the darned ball would end up getting caught between the flipper and a post. I think a big part of that is related to the slow speed (low momentum) of the ball overall during game-play. And just placement of playfield parts. (see pic). didn't try to do it. just after several occurrences, i though a pic was something to do.

I didn't have any of those problems with the ball getting sent back into the shooter lane, like seen on that initial demo video of the game right off the line.

Someone reminded me (Gov?) that the ink on the playfield is really not level. Might be wrong, but think the black lines were very raised, to the point of influencing the ball in game play.

Overall, it's definitely eye candy color & light popping. Game play is slow, but has some entertaining design elements. I'd definitely play it more to just try and master the game. I'd say that's a surprising positive. I've got a ton of pins, some NIB, other's pricey as hell, but this game doesn't compel me to pay it's price. Especially after paying less for TRON LE NIB. Just a thought...

Hope that helps

IMG_1709.JPGIMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1708.JPGIMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1710.JPGIMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1711.JPGIMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1712.JPGIMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1713.JPGIMG_1713.JPG
IMG_1714.JPGIMG_1714.JPG
IMG_1715.JPGIMG_1715.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-mind-change?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.