• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

052CF8FB-20B5-4F97-BBB9-7E2A30C9B52F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a Whoa Nellie on location. I thought it would be cool to make a topper with a full size DMD in it that would be easy to read during tournaments. In theory it would just need a splitter for the ribbon cable and power connectors. I called Stern tech support to see if there was any reason this wouldn't work. I found out the current software would not allow this to work but an update would be possible. So, if anyone else thinks this is a good idea just give Stern a shout and let them know this is something you want. If enough people ask for it maybe it will happen.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Great idea, count me in if someone makes one

We have to get Stern to update the software first. Give them a shout and let them know you want this.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It would be cool if the DMD topper was encased in a watermelon. I can't for the life of me read that tiny one.

A watermelon would look great. I was thinking of a wood frame made of the same wood as the siderails and stained to match with some nice Melanie plastics or artwork around it. The frame could make the backbox the same height as the rest of my Sterns in a lineup. Another idea might be to make a pickup truck topper like the truck on the backglass with the DMD as the cargo in the back of the truck.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

My mini DMD just shit itself after 2 hours play! A duplicate big banger on top would be very cool indeed. great idea and I dare say I would be in for one.

I accidentally loosened the ribbon cable on mine once when my fingers slipped off the clamp latch for the lockdown bar. Hopefully that's all it is with yours.

1 year later
#16 7 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Mike, any progress on your idea here? I may give Stern another call on the code. Seems like Pabst would need it too so that helps the cause

No, Stern has not changed code to support the idea. The long cord supplied with the game is to install a dollar bill acceptor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-dmd-topper?tu=Pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.