image.jpg
image-432.jpg
image-16.jpg
image-72.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN1440.jpg
DSCN1442.jpg
WNBJM_.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 249 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 9 years ago

Hello!
Has anyone yet to receive their Whoa Nellie?? I was watching Dead Flips broadcast yesterday, and was wondering if anyone else had received theirs, and if so, what'd you think?

I'm on the border with this one, I really want one, but the price makes it hard to justify. I live in Denmark so I won't get to play one before chosing to buy or not, so I'm looking for people that has actually played it to sway me one way or another so that I'm sure.

#2 9 years ago

I thought it was a lot of fun when I played it at TPF. That said, it really doesn't play like an EM, it is kind of unique in the way it feels. It isn't something I personally would buy, but if you really dig the theme/art and what they were going for it will be a cool piece to own. It was a lot more fun with other people to play against.

#3 9 years ago

Sterns FB says they are on the line now

#4 9 years ago

Dead Flip-er here. Iv played it a bit. Id describe it as an EM with super strong flippers. Thats how it plays to me. If you are someone like me who is frustrated often at how weak EM flippers can be, its a nice change.

Artistry wise its beautiful. Lots of attention to detail on the cabinet.

#5 9 years ago

Whoa Nellie has not been released for public sale yet. The games that are being played, are games that Marco has been taking to a lot of shows. From what one of the guys told me, they are prototype games that return to Stern after each show.

#6 9 years ago

One of those is mine:

11139001_10153224729069244_8964598029697547715_n.jpg11139001_10153224729069244_8964598029697547715_n.jpg
#7 9 years ago

Was told mine may ship at the end of this week. Can't wait!

#8 9 years ago

Man, love that pic, seeing new games being built with score reels is pretty awesome.

#9 9 years ago

My understanding is you can tune the flipper strength. If you want more EM feel, set it flatter and softer. TPF had both styles set up; both were fun.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

TPF had both styles set up; both were fun.

Didn't know this. I must have just played the strong one.

#11 9 years ago

It really is a pretty cabinet. It's a nice collector piece. If I had the extra funds, I would gladly add one to my gameroom.

#12 9 years ago

I am really interested in hearing the reviews for this game and seeing pics in people's game rooms. I have it on my wish list but not quite sold yet due to the price.

#13 8 years ago

Cointaker said mine should be delivered Thursday!

#14 8 years ago

Im hoping mine is one of these as well, or better yet, in its box on it's way here.393516-i.jpg393516-i.jpg

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

Im hoping mine is one of these as well, or better yet, in its box on it's way here.393516-i.jpg

TWO boxes! (This game actually will ship in 2 boxes)

EDIT: I was wrong. I picked mine up today and the whole thing is in one standard size Stern box. Whoa Nellie!!!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Brehhah:

Whoa Nellie has not been released for public sale yet. The games that are being played, are games that Marco has been taking to a lot of shows. From what one of the guys told me, they are prototype games that return to Stern after each show.

They have had one at TPOF for a bit now....

#17 8 years ago

Why are pinballs so expensive in UK ? ( $8266 /£5395 ) plus delivery. Even with 20% value added tax it shouldn't be this much should it ?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

They have had one at TPOF for a bit now....

Yes they have, but not at Marco's booth

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Why are pinballs so expensive in UK ? ( $8266 /£5395 ) plus delivery. Even with 20% value added tax it shouldn't be this much should it ?

Kind of the same thing musicians wonder about over here when looking to buy a UK made Marshall, Orange or one of your boutique amps...

#20 8 years ago

Jungle, the dollar has increased in value recently... This may affect the price, I dont know if you factored that into your thoughts.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Kind of the same thing musicians wonder about over here when looking to buy a UK made Marshall, Orange or one of your boutique amps...

Just build your own! 1/2 the cost or less and a lot more fun working with lethal high voltages. I love my Weber 6a14HP. I had a Princeton Blueface for a while, as well as a 68 Twin Reverb, this amp smokes both of them tone-wise.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/33480248@N05/sets/72157625692144843/
If I did it again, I'd build a 2x12" mini speaker cab and just build a few heads. Also didn't end up using the crappy tubes they provide or Pots. Replaced all their crappy Pots with 1/2W alpha in my build. EH 6L6 Tubes in the power section, Copper cap rectifier, Tesla drive tubes and my tele with a Alnico pro II humbucker.

#22 8 years ago

Mine will be here later today

#23 8 years ago

Love seeing these! It is nice to see new, unique, games being made to help broaden the hobby up! Congrats to everyone! and when you get yours post up pics and video!

#24 8 years ago

Just curious what everyone paid for their Whoa Nellies? Congrats to all you lucky folks....

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Customs duties (AKA Import extortion tax).
That's just for the manufacturer/distributor to get it into the country.
That + VAT = pin owner gets f(*&ed

#26 8 years ago

$9,990 NZ

#27 8 years ago

Here she isimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#28 8 years ago

Just played it at Pinfest...and it is FUN!!

#29 8 years ago

Awesome!

#30 8 years ago

Beautiful game.. For a guy that doesn't know much about this game (me), why is there just one score windows? Can't it be 4 players?

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Beautiful game.. For a guy that doesn't know much about this game (me), why is there just one score windows? Can't it be 4 players?

Yes, you can have up to 4 players. Score reels reset between players.

#32 8 years ago

One reel is shared across 4 players. There is also a small lcd DMD in the lower left of the play field.

#33 8 years ago

It was funny the flippers were installed upside down and if you look close enough they put four black rubbers on the game.

#34 8 years ago

I think they put black rubbers in those spots as they got torn pretty hard at the pinball shows!

#35 8 years ago

What's the story with the leg protectors (and obviously leg bolt holes) when the machine is sitting on the crate? Looks a bit budget.

Do they provide something to cover that area up?

rd

#36 8 years ago

Does it come with legs

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Do they provide something to cover that area up?

Yes.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Does it come with legs

Yes. Both legs and crate.

#39 8 years ago

So stoked I ordered one. Firkin Winner Dude.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

One reel is shared across 4 players. There is also a small lcd DMD in the lower left of the play field.

Does the LCD show all 4 scores at once so you know where you stand as you compete?

#41 8 years ago

I'm trying to remember - TPF was too long ago already. Anyone else remember?

I vaguely remember having no problems comparing scores with the wife.. but I don't recall if it was because I was watching the LCD or watching the reels.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Anyone else remember?

Let me consult the TPF scroll of 2015...
*paper noises*

elderscrolls.jpgelderscrolls.jpg

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Does the LCD show all 4 scores at once so you know where you stand as you compete?

Yes, the small lcd in the lower left of the apron shows all scores. Its basically the same view youd get if it was a dmd.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yes, the small lcd in the lower left of the apron shows all scores. Its basically the same view youd get if it was a dmd.

How cool. I've yet to see a pic or video with that DMD in action.

#45 8 years ago

Mine just hit the dock, two going right back out. Two left for sale.

JJ

#46 8 years ago

... Thanks JJ

#47 8 years ago

Kinda telling if JJ only got four. Must not be much demand ...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Kinda telling if JJ only got four. Must not be much demand ...

4 from this first batch! More to come. Will have one on the showroom floor later this week as well!

JJ

#49 8 years ago

Just went and picked mine up yesterday. I love this machine. My daughter had high score at 2650, she went to bed and I rang it up to 4025.1724.JPG1724.JPG1725.JPG1725.JPG1726.JPG1726.JPG1727.JPG1727.JPG1728.JPG1728.JPG1729.JPG1729.JPG1730.JPG1730.JPG1732.JPG1732.JPG1733.JPG1733.JPG1734.JPG1734.JPG1735.JPG1735.JPG1735.JPG1735.JPG1736.JPG1736.JPG1737.JPG1737.JPG1738.JPG1738.JPG1731.JPG1731.JPG

#50 8 years ago

At least the head comes off like a real EM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 249 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-delivered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.