469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1157 8 years ago

I've got a new location opening and this game would be a good fit. But it is hard to justify at >$5k, especially if it is priced at 50 cents or more per play. Will people drop 75 cents to play a game that looks like an EM? I've run EMs on location and people play the hell out of them at 25 cents. Sometimes an EM at 25 cents/play will out earn other games at 50 cents/play because you draw in casual players that wouldn't bother to play a more complex or expensive game. Casual players often are intimidated by games that look too hard. Or they are unwilling to drop 75 cents or $1 for a 3 minute game but will spend 25 cents on an EM that eats your lunch in 1-2 minutes. I don't think people would be as free with the quarters with an EM type game if it cost 75 cents/play. So I question pricing per play and the return on investment at >$5k. Thoughts on pricing, etc. for Whoa Nellie!

#1162 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Where is the new location and when will it open?

I'll be announcing it soon. Should be opening in a little over a week (fingers crossed).

Quoted from nosro:

My local place has Nellie on $.75 for 5 balls. For reference, new Sterns like Kiss are priced at $1.00 and MMr is priced at $1.00 (3 balls).

Good info. My MMr is $1/play, everything else is 50 cents. I occasionally price games at 75 cents depending on the title (AFM, CV were 75 cents). But this location is a bit more price sensitive due to most of the play being kids. MMr gets played quite a bit less than the other games but does fine due to the higher price. So a WNBJM would probably work at the new location at 75 cents for 5 balls. But I don't think I can justify it at >$5k. If the game was <$4k I'd be very tempted. That probably isn't going to happen. I guess I'll keep an eye on the prices over the next few months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.