469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago

F that price... I'm getting in line for a Predator instead

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

As someone who would have liked to purchase one, $6,500 MSRP is definitely disappointing.
That said, I'm still intrigued by the game, applaud Stern for manufacturing this, and I hope that it's a success for them.

i'd also like to applaud ferrari...

#184 9 years ago

PR Disaster ...

#wheresourpr

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Well Im interested at how they arrived at this price. Esp for this pin. It seems as if they misread what the pinball community can bare for pricing.
Get out the popcorn!!!!
Chris

greed

#226 9 years ago

the overpriced family truckster of pinball

family-truckster-1.jpgfamily-truckster-1.jpg

#241 9 years ago

i'll wait for the aftermarket price

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I could see this game definately seling, but not to pinball people. To the right rich, single hipster this would make one heck of a conversation piece in their apartment/flat/loft whatever hipsters call it. It's just slightly offensive and at the same time beautiful enough to really be an original idea for something like that.
Pin people are into games that they're going to play and enjoy and are knowledgeable enough to find just the right machine at the right price, etc... this game though is different enough from anything else available that it likely will have it's own niche market of buyers who may not be interested in the typical pinball machine but will buy this for the 1-off nature of the design and the clever pin-up girl theme.
Sure they're only going to sell a limited number of them but I think it could work. The easy comparision is to the King of Diamonds remake from a few years ago, but that was aimed at pinball people and was a remake of a game you can find if you look around.
I guess we'll see, but it's certainly worth Stern and Whiz Bang giving it a try. They can always make another run down the road if the thing actually has legs (no pun intended)...

...and when those liquid capital hipsters get tired of moving that pin, or their serious girlfriend nags them about how they're offended by the pix X # of times per day, or they just get tired of looking at it... i'll be waiting... silently in the wings, baiting them with the labor of taking this eyesore off their hands at a crazy sweet deal. I'm thinking $800 + free labor to get rid of it. Isn't that a fair price for a nice working EM?

...just saying...

#255 9 years ago

I hope you get one! The only thing that sucks about stuff like this is we may never know how well they sold or how many of them sold, Stern's a private company so you never get solid numbers unless it's a LE and they state how many they're going to make.
People can downtalk it all they want, and the price is high as heck, but ultimately it's a great looking machine, the crate idea is very original (even though we've been seeing it for 6 years now), the designer is a legend, and the artwork is fantastic. It's been a long trip but they finally made it to mass production, really cool.

yup. it's really cool looking. glad to see them push the bounds some on art/legs/etc.
I wonder if they'll make the iphone version of this pin too?

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

At that price I assume it comes with the girl on the backglass? Geez Stern how out of touch can you be???

greed knows no bounds

#425 9 years ago

whoa, something's wrong with that URL
i think it's a typo. maybe should be "image.images" not "image.Images" ?
or "images in Images"? Don't know their variable definitions.

QA is an important part of software engineering.
Someone should have the balls to make the business-case & value proposition for Software QA resources & timelines at Stern across all software initiatives.

stern-melons-1.pngstern-melons-1.png

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

after seeing the video of game play, I can't image they will sell more then a handful of these.
I wonder what the production run was.
I would rather take my chances on Predator - I can't see that there is much replay value on this in a home.

ps. I've played Predator. It's a blast after you get used to the front-center target bank.

#447 9 years ago

Whoa game is off Stern site at moment. Probably hand updating code on live/prod.

stern-melons-2.pngstern-melons-2.png

#465 9 years ago

it's like they're priced to be sold on ebay

#510 9 years ago

All the jokes are actually pretty funny if you're aware that Nellie is the horse's name

#558 9 years ago

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

You mean first sucker?

are you talkin' to meeeeow ?!?

melon-cat-1.jpgmelon-cat-1.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.