469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remains to be seen if this is a disaster or not. Seems to me the people complaining wouldn't have bought this thing at any reasonable price - I don't think you can expect a made in the USA commercial pinball machine of ANY sort to be produced at the kind of price that people in this thread would find appropriate.
It's a specialty game I doubt this thing was ever meant to be produced in huge numbers.
We'll see how it does but I think people dismissing it outright and being so flippant about it's prospects are jumping the gun.

What are you talking about? Stern produces the pro version for about 4500.

#332 9 years ago

To me the theme of this game is so tacky. Gives the impression that pinball people are creepy and immature. Pretty tasteless. Price, it is what it is. One of the few new games that there is zero chance of me purchasing.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

200 @ $5500 is 1 million, minus $500 roughly shipping and production costs. So wild guess, if it costs them $3k to make each game, then they are left with around $333 per game, not counting how that is split up between Stern and co. Doesn't seem worth it at all to me, which is why I can't believe it costs that much to make these. It must cost them somewhere in the ballpark of $1500+ per unit or it isn't worth their time. And even then it is only $666 per game. They'd need to sell a lot more than 200, more like 500 minimum for it to be worth their time at all. Pure speculation here. I have no clue what their actual costs are.

Gotta love pinsider math with zero knowledge on build cost and materials.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Guess you didn't read the last two sentences I wrote and which you quoted. Why do people get so upset about conjecture here?

No I read them, just thought your projections are complete bs. Why even throw numbers out that you have no idea on?

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I guess you're out for the sequel, Big Hairy Beaver?

Haha, yea. I knew my original post would be thumbed down, but I just can't take this theme.

As far as I am concerned if you want a titty based machine, just come out with it and put tits all over it. I'm not a 10 year old child who finds melons in place of boobs funny. I just don't get the appeal.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You haven't paid much attention.
Tits BUILT pinball. Check out the games of the 60s and 70s.
Tits as far as the eye can see.
I suggested "tits" as a pinball theme many years ago. Yes, I take credit.

Built pinball? Come on. There is one thing to have tits on a pinball machine but to make it the childish center focus of the theme? Either just have a tits based game with real tits on it or don't bother. This theme is something a 10 year old would come up with.

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm still trying to see why that's a problem?

And you fit the pinhead stereotype to a T.

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

did I see you had an eatpm up for sale on ebay last month? what you cant look at them only make money off them?

Still up there. Out of State bidder didn't understand how much it would be to ship. Missing the point. EATPM is not a tit based machine, this one almost is but done in a really lame way. Sales will prove that however.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm SHOCKED that inhomes would own something as tasteless and childish as an EATPM!
And to sell it? Where it can get out into the general population? Obviously he's just in it for the money. Fits the pinhead sterotype to a T!
Won't somebody think of the children?!??!
Well...to be fair maybe he had the "modesty sticker" installed.

I am all for nudity and violence, but if your going to make that the theme, go all the way. Don't plaster some melons over a girls chest.

Make money off pins? Yea I do. If it weren't for people like me, the majority of pin owners out there wouldn't have a game. It takes some business acumen and relationships to get pins from operators, some people are too lazy while others don't have the ability. Then there are the people who get jealous and angry when people make money from pins, either because they don't have the means or the business sense to make it work. Which category do you fall in Levi?

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm SHOCKED that inhomes would own something as tasteless and childish as an EATPM!
And to sell it? Where it can get out into the general population? Obviously he's just in it for the money. Fits the pinhead sterotype to a T!
Won't somebody think of the children?!??!
Well...to be fair maybe he had the "modesty sticker" installed.

Christ, stern did playboy better than this bs game. Those get played at ton at my locations. If your going to have a game based on tits, show them.

#486 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Once you throw horseshit like "you fit the pinhead stereotype to a T" you open yourself up to this kind of sarcastic ridicule.
I couldn't care less if you make money on pins and I do it myself. Cause after all...we both fit the pinhead stereotype to a T.

Okay, I can cheers to that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing?tu=inhomearcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.