469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

Remains to be seen if this is a disaster or not. Seems to me the people complaining wouldn't have bought this thing at any reasonable price - I don't think you can expect a made in the USA commercial pinball machine of ANY sort to be produced at the kind of price that people in this thread would find appropriate.

It's a specialty game I doubt this thing was ever meant to be produced in huge numbers.

We'll see how it does but I think people dismissing it outright and being so flippant about it's prospects are jumping the gun.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You are wrong. Look at their collections. Look at yours.

LOL

I knew posting my "collection" was a mistake. I have 10 other games and lotsa money and a great big schlong etc. etc.

It took exactly 12 hours for someone to try to use my displayed "collection" against me.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Its not a size of schlong thing its about who buys new games. Yes if you only show older titles it usually means thats your interest. Nothing wrong with that. Just looks odd to say who is who when you show those games and then the folks who are commenting on show they do buy new releases.

Why should that have anything to do with anything? I currently own an AFM which is worth more than a big juicy melons or a Walking Dead Pro - I just chose not to list it because the only PERMANENT members of my collection is the two I listed and I don't find it terribly interesting to display because plenty of people have an AFM (and few have an Argosy or Dimension).

So now I have credibility because I spilled the beans on that?

Trying to use someone's collection against them is stupid. Completely irrelevant. I'm entitled to my opinion regardless of what kind of games I own.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Because you are saying who is a buyer or more exact calling folks who commented non buyers. You are the one saying who someone is. I believe most of the folks I saw buy new games. I have seen them in threads. You want to say who is who, so who are you?

I have no idea what you are blathering about.

I offered my opinion on Whoa Nellie and it's price. Coming from someone who has bought and sold HUNDREDS of pinball machines in the past 15 years, and is friends with people who have done the same, it's as informed an opinion (guess?) as anybody else's here.

And then you say my "collection" isn't up to snuff for me to offer up an opinion. That's ridiculous and it reinforces the reasons I had for the past year of not offering up any kind of "collection" on my profile page. Took less than 12 hours for someone to prove to me I was right.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

If I hopped in an EM thread and started saying the last 5 guys are talking shit I am sure someone would notice I don't own EMs and may call me out on my position.

Well, that person would be an idiot.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does this game have speakers/music/voices? Or is it going to be clink-clink-ding-ding like an EM? If the game has a fun modern sound package, I would have more interest.

Well, none of that was listed in the press release so I'd guess you are looking at clink clink ding ding. File it under "classic pinball experience."

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

The Press Release is a fake.

Please let this be fact

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

The joke would be that the price isn't 3K. At 3K I'd be in as well. Heck at 3K they'll probably sell 10 times as many games. Depending on the margin that could be more profitable...

You are absolutely insane.

At $3K, assembled by prisoners in china and made completely out of cheap plastic they couldn't make a profit on this game.

As I said many, many pages ago...they couldn't price it low enough for most people here.

They aren't trying to sell as many of these as a normal Stern run. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt - I think they'll make money on this and produce a small run, which is what they've planned all along. We'll see what happens. If there's massive Zizzle-style closeouts I'll gladly admit I'm wrong and try to pick one up at a bargain price.

#326 9 years ago

I'm rooting for this game big time.

Any machine that pisses off the DMD crowd as much as this has to be good for something.

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

To me the theme of this game is so tacky. Gives the impression that pinball people are creepy and immature. Pretty tasteless. Price, it is what it is. One of the few new games that there is zero chance of me purchasing.

You haven't paid much attention.

Tits BUILT pinball. Check out the games of the 60s and 70s.

Tits as far as the eye can see.

I suggested "tits" as a pinball theme many years ago. Yes, I take credit.

#396 9 years ago

This theme is something a 10 year old would come up with.

I'm still trying to see why that's a problem?

#401 9 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

did I see you had an eatpm up for sale on ebay last month? what you cant look at them only make money off them?

I'm SHOCKED that inhomes would own something as tasteless and childish as an EATPM!

And to sell it? Where it can get out into the general population? Obviously he's just in it for the money. Fits the pinhead sterotype to a T!

Won't somebody think of the children?!??!

Well...to be fair maybe he had the "modesty sticker" installed.

#414 9 years ago

I am all for nudity and violence, but if your going to make that the theme, go all the way. Don't plaster some melons over a girls chest.
Make money off pins? Yea I do. If it weren't for people like me, the majority of pin owners out there wouldn't have a game. It takes some business acumen and relationships to get pins from operators, some people are too lazy while others don't have the ability. Then there are the people who get jealous and angry when people make money from pins, either because they don't have the means or the business sense to make it work. Which category do you fall in Levi?

Once you throw horseshit like "you fit the pinhead stereotype to a T" you open yourself up to this kind of sarcastic ridicule.

I couldn't care less if you make money on pins and I do it myself. Cause after all...we both fit the pinhead stereotype to a T.

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

At that price, Nellie better give me a massage and make me a sandwich

Congrats on the 1 millionth "this game better have sex with me for that price!" Joke in this thread!!

You won a FREE WHOA NELLIE PINBALL MACHINE!!!!

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I would like to see a video with some one that plays pins with 2" flippers on a regular basis.

It's not REALLY that different. Bounce passes, post passes...you can do all this stuff with 2 inch flippers.

The guy playing in the video obviously isn't much of a player. Kind of surprised they couldn't come up with someone over there at Stern who could play this thing but I guess we should be happy for at least getting something.

Weren't the Williams EMs after about 1972 50DC? They were quite powerful.

#529 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

He won C Division last year at PAPA. Sooooo...

Division C?! Big deal...

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm not an EM guy, so maybe this is naive - but is there a single EM that sells in the $6k range today? (Aside from some sort of prototype that had only a few units produced)

It's been pointed out that yes there are a handful.

But a) this isn't an EM, and b) you can buy it NIB, brand new, fresh off the line, which you can rarely do with any kind of EM/early SS game. I don't remember the last time I saw a NIB EM for sale. So, even if this were an EM that would probably account for a few thousand clams.

This thing really is a one-off. We'll see what happens with it. I'm looking forward to playing it and putting up monster 4-digit scores.

#600 9 years ago

Gobble holes pretty much suck.

They weren't a great idea from a players' standpoint which is exactly why they disappeared.

Who wants to sacrifice a ball in play for a special or points?

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So basically you are saying that outlanes suck too?

No, I'm saying gobble holes suck.

Not sure if you noticed or not but outlanes aren't in the middle of the playfield, between you and shots, and sometimes 5 or 6 of them.

As I said before, there's a reason pinball evolution deemed gobble holes unfit to survive, whilst outlanes flourished.

#612 9 years ago

ok.

I am just fine with two gobble holes in that exact orientation without outlanes.

Every one of the 4 or 5 games *I* owned had with gobble holes featured them in the middle of the playfield, usually between the flippers and important shots. One of these games had five of them.

Wasn't my cup of tea.

1 month later
#1070 8 years ago

Played it Allentown.

It was fun. Seemed to easy I kept the ball in play forever. The people next to me on the other machine didn't so maybe I'm just that good.

Not sure if there are adjustable posts to open the game up a little and lower ball times.

It seemed kinda neat and was exactly what I was expected. The wood rails felt great, it really was a unique experience. The tiny little dmd on the apron was cool too.

Not gonna comment on pricing or if I'd buy one - as I've NEVER bought a new machine and don't plan on it any time soon. It certainly is a great looking machine with a nice feel - nothing cheap about it that's for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.