469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

It's a nice looking machine but the theme is a turnoff. Not something you want to bring home if you have kids. Not sure a wife would want this sitting around the house. And not sure other adults would really understand the tongue in cheek nature of the machine.
I guess a bar would work, but I'd think they are more interested in the newer looking machines that have a lot more going on.
Like I said, it's a gorgeous machine, but I just don't see who this is being marketed toward.

I think you have it completely backwards. Kids won't understand the adult themes. Many cartoons, from my youth anyway(Warner bros.) had adult themes that went completely over the head of us as kids.

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yeah maybe, but after a game or two, will they come back for more?

Does it matter? Like vid1900 said, I think this is for the serious collector, or person with money to burn. Its the art and the theme they are buying, gameplay is probably secondary.

#496 9 years ago

I have a buddy who has played the original and said it was a fun game and he'll probably buy it. Me, not at that price, but I also don't have unlimited space or funds, I do need max fun for the $$$. I do applaud Stern for producing it though!!

#716 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

My point is that overtly sexual themes are inappropriate for family environments. It knocks a good number of potential buyers right out of the picture. But I'm sure if your wife enjoys your playboy collection more than you do, you're good to go.

Its only overtly sexual to you, kids just see cartoon like characters.

#899 9 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

And who also find the game appealing.
The buyer will have both of those two qualities.
If somebody buys this game (or anything else) just because he has $6500 and no other reason, then he has rocks in his head.
This game is priced just about the same as a lot of the 90s collector pinballs.
So why do people keep bringing up income in this thread?
Is this $6500 game supposed to be creating a class war between the haves and have-nots?
What if a guy has only one $2000 pin but he has a boat and a Harley?
Is he a member of the jet set or the unwashed proletariat?

No, it just means he has many hobbies. In AZ where we play outside all year, and many people could easily pay for this pin, but that's closer to a supercharger for my SRT, or a decent boat etc. If your holed up in the barren wastelands of the frigid north 7 months out of the year, yea I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

#902 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

OMG. That's what wrong with the country... too many people who think this is an overly sexual theme. Yes; there are boobs... but I see boobs on the street all the time. The boobs are clothed like on the street. I'm sorry; if your "woman" has jealousy issues... that's her problem.
I respect my wife... and comment to her about other women all the time... she's level headed enough to not get jealous.
If your kids are sheltered enough to not handle this G-rated Pinball glass; then well... I'm sorry for them when they grow up.
The above may sound like an attack against you personally - not intended that way; It's just frustrated we can't have nice things because of all the political positioning.

Is the wording" politically correct," now politically incorrect? Now it's political positioning haha. The next part is not directed at the quoted poster. Seriously, your kids aren't going to become strippers at the sight of this pin, give me a break.

Simply put, if you don't feel it's right for your household, don't buy it, simple,as that. There will be a family friendly stern yelling "super fucking jackpot" or themed with characters that save the world through violence. I approve of course.

3 weeks later
#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I would consider buying one if they weren't so darn expensive. I think it's a beautiful machine.

Im with you. I was hoping for a lower price point, but hope to play one soon!

7 months later
#1169 8 years ago

Bar + Boobs = 1.00 games, 3 ball IMO. Im not an operator at all, just a feeling it would get played a bunch.

#1172 8 years ago

Best game ever?????? Like, THE.BEST.EVER????

2 months later
#1194 8 years ago

Anybody in the Phoenix area know where one of these can be played?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.