Topic Stats

• 1,196 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 167 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Opinion_Dude.gif
20151123_224959.jpg
20151123_224846.jpg
20151123_224717.jpg
20151123_224651.jpg
469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg

There are 1196 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

did I see you had an eatpm up for sale on ebay last month? what you cant look at them only make money off them?

I'm SHOCKED that inhomes would own something as tasteless and childish as an EATPM!

And to sell it? Where it can get out into the general population? Obviously he's just in it for the money. Fits the pinhead sterotype to a T!

Won't somebody think of the children?!??!

Well...to be fair maybe he had the "modesty sticker" installed.

#402 4 years ago

bird-see-what-you-did-there1.jpg
#403 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But it's only got one score display?

So does the Retropinball King of Diamonds. It rolls the score to each players previous score as you go player to player.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

did I see you had an eatpm up for sale on ebay last month? what you cant look at them only make money off them?

Still up there. Out of State bidder didn't understand how much it would be to ship. Missing the point. EATPM is not a tit based machine, this one almost is but done in a really lame way. Sales will prove that however.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tits BUILT pinball.

I for one would love to see that!

Got my :popcorn ready:

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm SHOCKED that inhomes would own something as tasteless and childish as an EATPM!
And to sell it? Where it can get out into the general population? Obviously he's just in it for the money. Fits the pinhead sterotype to a T!

I am all for nudity and violence, but if your going to make that the theme, go all the way. Don't plaster some melons over a girls chest.

Make money off pins? Yea I do. If it weren't for people like me, the majority of pin owners out there wouldn't have a game. It takes some business acumen and relationships to get pins from operators, some people are too lazy while others don't have the ability. Then there are the people who get jealous and angry when people make money from pins, either because they don't have the means or the business sense to make it work. Which category do you fall in Levi?

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Sales will prove that however.

Problem is the sales hit will be based on price not on art. Not an EM fan but I would buy this for the theme alone at a better price.
And yes I am married and yes I have kids and yes I am still a 12 year old : )

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Christ, stern did playboy better than this bs game. Those get played at ton at my locations. If your going to have a game based on tits, show them.

#410 4 years ago

Ok we got it. You don't like the melons.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

I for one would love to see that!

"Wide Open, Slam Bang Action!"

71004501.jpg

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that like the best song ever or what?

Those Primus videos are classic.

Personally, I was always a big fan of their heavy bass riffing and I listened to this song a LOT

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I am all for nudity and violence, but if your going to make that the theme, go all the way. Don't plaster some melons over a girls chest.
Make money off pins? Yea I do. If it weren't for people like me, the majority of pin owners out there wouldn't have a game. It takes some business acumen and relationships to get pins from operators, some people are too lazy while others don't have the ability. Then there are the people who get jealous and angry when people make money from pins, either because they don't have the means or the business sense to make it work. Which category do you fall in Levi?

Once you throw horseshit like "you fit the pinhead stereotype to a T" you open yourself up to this kind of sarcastic ridicule.

I couldn't care less if you make money on pins and I do it myself. Cause after all...we both fit the pinhead stereotype to a T.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Don't you see that Blue LCD display in the score card holder? That's where you will read information from the board set.

The little rectangle in the left apron card area that says next replay? Tha't an lcd display? It's like 1 inch by 2 inches?

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wait they didn't even leave the single one in? Wow.....fck that..

nope... and they gave it voices and music, and 4 player... as noted, it is no longer "em-like", it is a early ss (with a sound board that they could have only dreamed of in those days), that just happens to have score reels...

i love the art (maybe because i "get it", or maybe because i'm a 10 year old in a 51 year old body... )... i LOVE LOVE LOVE the crate, which i did not originally think i would...

but i have no desire for a ss machine just because it has score reels... and fwiw, if they were going to make it be 4 player, rework the art to allow 4 sets of reels... they could have used 3" reels and accomplished this...

color me disappointed, but not really that disappointed, because the dollar figure is out of reach...

they will sell some, and as others have noted, as it turned out "em guys" aren't really the target market... neither are they targeting the "normal nib buyer"...

they are targeting the "collector", who has spent well more than this on a pinball machine (likely several times) and wants something unique that everyone else doesn't have... the em guys experience severe "sticker shock" from something like this... the collector, who may have spent 3-4 times the "street price" of wnbjm buying some other machine and having a full hep job done on it, isn't even blinking at the price tag...

btw, that's not meant as a criticism of the collector... as long as he/she plays his/her toys and just doesn't put them on a pedestal, never to be touched, he/she gets no grief from me... more power to you!

and more power to gary if he turns a profit on it in the end... i'd like to think someone did at least a tiny amount of market research before all parties involved signed off on it...

#418 4 years ago

I hope it wasn't that beer can crushing lady. Otherwise he could need some medical attention

#419 4 years ago

I can't stand people that hold up the line to go back and get something they forgot. That shows a serious lack of respect for other people's time.

#421 4 years ago

I was really hoping to own this one, but for about 10.000 dollars or more in Denmark... I just don't see that happening.

#422 4 years ago

Not a very good video IMO, but at least it exists to give a slight gameplay impression.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Video: » YouTube video

Im sorry, but that looks truly awful.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I was really hoping to own this one, but for about 10.000 dollars or more in Denmark... I just don't see that happening.

It'll be the same situation for us across the pond if/when TBL and Timeshock get made.

#425 4 years ago

whoa, something's wrong with that URL
i think it's a typo. maybe should be "image.images" not "image.Images" ?
or "images in Images"? Don't know their variable definitions.

QA is an important part of software engineering.
Someone should have the balls to make the business-case & value proposition for Software QA resources & timelines at Stern across all software initiatives.

stern-melons-1.png

#426 4 years ago

Is it just me or does that look like an animated score reel instead of a real one?

#427 4 years ago

That is the worst promotional video I have seen. Really making me rethink this whole thing.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The little rectangle in the left apron card area that says next replay? Tha't an lcd display? It's like 1 inch by 2 inches?

From what I can tell, Yes. It might be one of two flavors. A common item is a simple 16X2 (that's 16 characters, by 2 lines) which normally would be used to display numbers and letters and some symbols. Or, it could be an actual dot matrix version which could display simple graphics based frames.

My guess is GraphicsDotmatrix.jpg since it appears to have a white border around the Text in the photo.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

It'll be the same situation for us across the pond if/when TBL and Timeshock get made.

And it'll be the same situation for us then too ;(

#430 4 years ago

That is just fail on so many levels...I really feel sorry for Dennis... I hope he got good money for them to jack this up.

Which is worse:

Fake reels (ie- stepper motor smooth movement, looks nothing like an EM reel)

Hick Chick voiceovers

Wishes-it-was-Fish-Tales music track

Solid state controlled blinky-strobe LED lights

What looks like 50 volt 2" flippers... and the guy trying to post pass on them? lol..

I dunno, take your pick. Man!

#431 4 years ago

I hope white rubbers are now the new norm. That was one nice thing I saw.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

And it'll be the same situation for us then too ;(

Oh that sucks. I figured you guys would have it a lot better being so close.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

» YouTube video
Not a very good video IMO, but at least it exists to give a slight gameplay impression.

Thanks for posting!

It looks sweet!

#434 4 years ago

after seeing the video of game play, I can't image they will sell more then a handful of these.
I wonder what the production run was.

I would rather take my chances on predator - I can't see that there is much replay value on this in a home.

#435 4 years ago

On a positive note at least you won't have to wait for a code update.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

after seeing the video of game play, I can't image they will sell more then a handful of these.
I wonder what the production run was.
I would rather take my chances on Predator - I can't see that there is much replay value on this in a home.

ps. I've played Predator. It's a blast after you get used to the front-center target bank.

#437 4 years ago

I wonder what the cost was to put this into production? I don't see how they make any money on this.

I mean let's even assume they make amazing margins off this game. No way they sell enough to cover all the upfront costs, design, coding, etc. Not to mention all the overhead that went into it. Also the opportunity costs of not spending their efforts on something that actually make sense. Stern has put out some amazing games in the past ten years, but I have to see this as being the biggest flop to date once we look back on this.

#438 4 years ago

Just for the record, I just posted the video link from Stern's page and DID NOT have anything to do with making it haha.

Simple rule #1 for your footage not to look like crap when shooting video on a phone: Don't record holding the phone vertically!

#439 4 years ago

Just watched the video, WTF!?!

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if they were going to make it be 4 player, rework the art to allow 4 sets of reels... they could have used 3" reels and accomplished this...

I love what they did. I'd rather have the 1 player reels, but the "secret" ability to do multi players on the occasions I feel like it. Don't take away more art to fit more reels.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

When you founded and manage a, 255 invite only, boutique hedge fund with assets in excess of $125 million...you can donate to many things...and I do. Last Xmas a St. Petersburg group of waitresses received $2,500 each for being honest and hard working. I donate heavily to veterans of US armed forces and also have a web sire for such. Created 3 weeks after 9/11. Featured on CNN and Rush L. No banners or pop ups. All funded privately. I also have a web site that helps the Ferguson situation. Strictly dealing with the black and White unfortunate situation. Again, no pop ups or advertisements of any kind. I have homes in Michigan, Florida, Belize and Punta Cana. Life is good but I do work hard for it. I am on an all nighter right now having had to trade H.K. all session and getting ready for NAZ and NYSE now. I made my members 800% over the last 3 years and 2015 is already looking to be better than 2014.
Thanks for your comment. I am reading it along with a Tampa Bay Ray player who is a member in my fund and has asked me to teach him. This post and some of the comments here are part of the lesson. Thanks.
Have a great day! I mean that.

Let us know the results.

http://douchereview.com

image.jpg
#442 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

No it will be cheaper for you

#443 4 years ago

Please see the video above. This game looks so bad, I was actually laughing out loud. Yeah, the crate is cool and the art is funny, but game play looks horrible.

#444 4 years ago

If someone hasnt already, link smash gallagher killing this melon!

#445 4 years ago

How does the Marketing guy at Stern let THAT video out of the building? The guy got free ball gate like 6 times, got a STDM and one trapped between the flipper and the post, all in like 90 seconds. Not what makes somebody say "Wow, I want THAT!"

#446 4 years ago

Ok, we've been through enough Stern "bad video" releases for new games, but that looked worse than normal because there really isn't much more game to be had. It just looked... not fun.

#447 4 years ago

Whoa game is off Stern site at moment. Probably hand updating code on live/prod.

stern-melons-2.png

#448 4 years ago

I think it looks cool. I hope to play one in Allentown!

#449 4 years ago

Man, the hate is strong! It's not a game for people who don't dig simpler, older games. And it's not really an EM for people who love that stuff. So I get that it's stuck in the middle a little.

But it's a sweet, original pinball machine. They're trying something new, and it's expensive, and I get all that. I'm not interested in one even for a couple thousand less, it's not something I personally covet.

But I think the theme is great, it's a throwback to a more innocent style of cheesecake, and it's done with good humor. It's unlicensed, and creative (the crate rules) and I was really pulling for it to get made.

I'll play it for sure if I can come across one.

I can't tell if the score reels are real or an LCD screen. They look almost like a screen in some of that video. Also, look at this, day one, and a video of someone playing! And yet still we bitch. Who wouldn't have wanted to see even that style of video for Metallica?

I think people just like bitching.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, we've been through enough Stern "bad video" releases for new games, but that looked worse than normal because there really isn't much more game to be had. It just looked... not fun.

Looks and plays like an EM. Not for me, but if that was the intention, I'd say mission accomplished

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Topsfield, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 12.99
There are 1196 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside