469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

It's a nice looking machine but the theme is a turnoff. Not something you want to bring home if you have kids. Not sure a wife would want this sitting around the house. And not sure other adults would really understand the tongue in cheek nature of the machine.

I'm glad the people I associate with would understand the overall theme for what it is. IMHO it's great and a game I'd love my 14 year old son to ogle over... right next to our Elvira and the Party Monsters of course.

#352 9 years ago

Was waiting on pricing info to be released before deciding to purchase or not. That being said "I'm out"

#353 9 years ago

Personally, I love the theme. Obviously, it's an homage to the early EMs with the over the top backglasses that lured dimes out of horny teenagers, myself included.

Played it a few times and I really like it....beautiful game, too. Way over my price range, though.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I understand that the theme is very "inside pinball" and an homage, but so few outside people would understand

Very few outside would understand how we can pay in excess of 5k for any of this.

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

no gobble holes

Wait they didn't even leave the single one in? Wow.....fck that..

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yeah, but how big is your ... oh never mind.
I never understand posts like this. So you gots lots of cash, why should we care?

Typically guys like him are:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#357 9 years ago

what kills me is you know this is going to flop and then garry will use it as a "see that's why we only do licensed games!!!"

#358 9 years ago

It is hard to tell if that is a gobble hole or not. It looks square.

#359 9 years ago

Does it actually have real wood trim?

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Does it actually have real wood trim?

That is also hard to tell.

decals.jpegdecals.jpeg

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wait, if spike is running the game how would update it without a display? That doesnt make sense.

Don't you see that Blue LCD display in the score card holder? That's where you will read information from the board set.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

It's a nice looking machine but the theme is a turnoff.

Then it's not the game for you.

Quoted from sturner:

Not sure a wife would want this sitting around the house.

Depends on the wife.

A modern, confident, liberal woman would be amused by the cheesecake appeal.

A pantsuit wearing, conservative woman would be threatened immediately.

Quoted from sturner:

Not something you want to bring home if you have kids.

Today's kids don't have to go out to the garage and crank off to their dad's Snap-On calendar, or find his stash of Playboys, they have a whole internet/cableTV/cellphone that is full of hardcore sex. Even if they don't have a phone yet, their friends are trying to shock them with the most frightening penis pictures they can find.

The commercial for Brazilian Butt Lift shows way more than WNBJM, and it's on TV 24/7

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The commercial for Brazilian Butt Lift shows way more than WNBJM, and it's on TV 24/7

Damn! We don't get that one here. Only the guy with scissors in his nose.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Depends on the wife.

BBL.png

Yes women only fit into these two boxes, good call.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I guess you're out for the sequel, Big Hairy Beaver?

It could be a trucking theme.

Troy MI exit69.jpgTroy MI exit69.jpg
#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Yes women only fit into these two boxes, good call.

I can barely fit into their boxes, so I guess we are even.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I can barely fit into their boxes, so I guess were even.

Lol! Girl it's all in the setup, eh?!

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Incorrect, a Feminazi moonbat liberal would curse you for showing a woman as a sex object. Get your liberal loony facts straight!

Quoted from vid1900:

Again, incorrect. Just because it doesn't appeal to everyone doesn'y mean they are "threatened" by it. It sounds like you are "threatened" by conservative women. How sad....

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

It sounds like you are "threatened" by conservative women.

Only if they use a whip.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

It sounds like you are "threatened" by conservative women.

Just the opposite, I love to break them in.

#371 9 years ago

Real wood trim, comes with legs and the base. Gobble hole is gone, because the average 'out side the hobby' player would have no idea where the ball went. It now looks like it kicks it to the pops. Looks like a small lcd in the intrusion card. Maybe for showing scores ect.
Really other than ramps, it's essentially the same b.o.m. cost as any "modern" game. And I am sure the wood trim and extra base more than make up for that.
just my thoughts after sleeping on it from yesterday.

#372 9 years ago

If it's a Spike system, maybe it's digital "simulated" reels.

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

To me the theme of this game is so tacky. Gives the impression that pinball people are creepy and immature. Pretty tasteless. Price, it is what it is. One of the few new games that there is zero chance of me purchasing.

You haven't paid much attention.

Tits BUILT pinball. Check out the games of the 60s and 70s.

Tits as far as the eye can see.

I suggested "tits" as a pinball theme many years ago. Yes, I take credit.

#374 9 years ago

Did someone just mention Ferguson in a Whoa Nellie thread?

New Rule: To speak of Ferguson one must walk from Ferguson to Pine Lawn & back to Ferguson on a warm clear Saturday night.

Thanks

#375 9 years ago

She's not the same without her holes.

#376 9 years ago

I have no idea what category you all want to put me into, but this is hanging in my arcade, front and center for all to see. And yes, I'm the one that bought it. I put it beside my husband's theater door then later realized that he might want it somewhere less obvious, but apparently busty blondes are perfectly alright anywhere.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#377 9 years ago

Gotta love pinsider math with zero knowledge on build cost and materials.

Guess you didn't read the last two sentences I wrote and which you quoted. Why do people get so upset about conjecture here?

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You missed out the 50's - even more!

631f1.jpg631f1.jpg
#379 9 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

I was hoping that the original PR was fake and that the price would be a lot less. Looks like this was the right PR and the price IS ridiculously $6500.

Im sure Corey is in on one

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

So you have 255 people in your invite only hedge fund, but it only has $125 million in assets. That is an average of only $500,000 each investor right now and you say the fund went up 800% in 3 years. So, your fund had a total of around $15 million, or less because you added investors since, in it 3 years ago and you invited only investors who had to invest 100k to get in? You really do not manage that much money for the returns you have been making. Kind of weird actually.
I am not saying you do not do well. If you are getting a 2% fee and 20% fee on profits annually that is awesome. It just does not make sense how you are a private invite only hedge fund when your average investor only has $500K in today, after they have made 800% the last 3 years alone. Why would someone like yourself want to deal with those mid level investors when you started making 125% returns? Why did you not go for and have whales as clients?
Not to be a jerk, but what you said makes no sense. There could be more to the story, which I am sure there is. What are the names of your charities? That would be a good start. I will look into them.

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here come the crickets.

#381 9 years ago

At that price I assume it comes with the girl on the backglass? Geez Stern how out of touch can you be???

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

At that price I assume it comes with the girl on the backglass? Geez Stern how out of touch can you be???

greed knows no bounds

#383 9 years ago

I only have two questions and I am serious on both of them.

1) Who is going to make watermelon shooter rods for mine? Please PM me.

2) Will the game have holes where the legs go? I really hate the idea of having it on the crate with leg holes on the corners showing. If so, we may need a wooden corner mod.

I am one of the three people already buying one of these. Remember, they were selling these for $13K to $15K just a couple of years ago. I'm not saying it's a $6K game, but if the same quality of workmanship is going into them, they are not a $3K game either.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can't make up my mind on this one. It's like i'm in, i'm out. I'm in, i'm out............

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Guess you didn't read the last two sentences I wrote and which you quoted. Why do people get so upset about conjecture here?

No I read them, just thought your projections are complete bs. Why even throw numbers out that you have no idea on?

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Can't make up my mind on this one. It's like i'm in, i'm out. I'm in, i'm out............

With a beaver that hairy I'm not popping in the first time.

#387 9 years ago

Wynona's got one.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Haha, yea. I knew my original post would be thumbed down, but I just can't take this theme.

As far as I am concerned if you want a titty based machine, just come out with it and put tits all over it. I'm not a 10 year old child who finds melons in place of boobs funny. I just don't get the appeal.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wynona's got one.

No. Hers is a big brown one. Cue Ping-Pong bass riff.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Cue Ping-Pong bass riff.

OK.

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Quoted from TheLaw:

With a beaver that hairy I'm not popping in the first time.

Actually, It would be a long and painfull journey, but I guess if you put the hairy beaver betwixed a Laser War & Laser Cue I might be game.

#392 9 years ago

Is that like the best song ever or what?

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Please...i didn't say anything in the Predator thread that 10 other people didn't say. It's just the same as always, the moderators decide to ban me. Meanwhile Whysnow is telling people to F#$K OFF and calling people all sorts of names and all I said was Kevin lied, which he DID! And I get booted.
Excuse me if I got the MSRP wrong. I didn't know. And when I was corrected, I said, thank you, I didn't know that. And yes, my ejection from the Predator thread was BS.
But I'll take you up on your suggestion to read more. I'll keep reading page after page of people trying to figure out where their Predator money went. It's a great read.

Kaneda eject.jpgKaneda eject.jpg

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that like the best song ever or what?

I've gotta go with or what on this one.

I can recognize and appreciate Les Claypool's genius. His music, however, is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Built pinball? Come on. There is one thing to have tits on a pinball machine but to make it the childish center focus of the theme? Either just have a tits based game with real tits on it or don't bother. This theme is something a 10 year old would come up with.

#396 9 years ago

This theme is something a 10 year old would come up with.

I'm still trying to see why that's a problem?

#397 9 years ago

This theme is something a 10 year old would come up with.

You do interact with other Pinheads right

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm still trying to see why that's a problem?

And you fit the pinhead stereotype to a T.

#399 9 years ago

It's called humor. And fun. Some get it, some don't. No worries...

#400 9 years ago

Built pinball? Come on. There is one thing to have tits on a pinball machine but to make it the childish center focus of the theme? Either just have a tits based game with real tits on it or don't bother. This theme is something a 10 year old would come up with.

did I see you had an eatpm up for sale on ebay last month? what you cant look at them only make money off them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.