469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

How would someone in the Netherlands be the first to know

Because he publishes a pinball magazine and Stern saw he got it.

LTG : )™

#152 9 years ago

Do you really think Stern would read 15 people bitching about a pinball on a forum and throw the wheels into motion to halt their sales plan? Also - do you really think anyone that would make a fake Stern PR would *NOT* make it look authentic?

#153 9 years ago

They wouldn't be the best on the market, but I'm pretty sure I could score actual breast implants at this price

#154 9 years ago

here's a juicy pair . . .

-removed-

#155 9 years ago

The Press Release is a fake.

Please let this be fact

#156 9 years ago

Why cry about the price?

It's more pinball, and that's good for the hobby.

If you can afford it, and your wife will let it in the house -buy it.

If you can't afford it, or your wife would de-nut you - don't buy it.

-

Everyone is always crying for an original theme, here it is.

Everyone is always crying for an adult, non superhero theme, here it is.

The fruit cab base is totally original and will be the talk of anyone's collection!

#157 9 years ago

The Press Release is a fake. I am being told directly from Stern that the announcement is not until next week.
How would someone in the Netherlands be the first to know and post it on Pinside. It would more likely be a dealer who received Stern's official press release via e-mail. Either way, we will know see the real confirmation next week and hopefully at a lower price.

I got the press release from Stern's PR agency. I contacted Stern for pics, which will be available tomorrow.

#158 9 years ago

There you have it. Straight from the horse's mouth's mouth's mouth.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Everyone always cries about high prices too.

Here it is.

#160 9 years ago

The Press Release is a fake. I am being told directly from Stern that the announcement is not until next week.

There you have it. Straight from the horse's mouth's mouth's mouth.

So you're still saying it's fake? I'm confused.

#161 9 years ago

The price is reockulus for sure, but to be honest, so many people pump thousands into restoring awfull machines so why the heck not.

Quoted from sammiesguys:

His post is pretty clear to me.

#162 9 years ago

There you have what? The press release is official, else their PR agency f*'d up.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I'll wait to get the email directly from Stern. Signing off on this topic.

#164 9 years ago

WOW $$$, time to buy some real EMs

#165 9 years ago

tooooo expensive and a big feature is missing... Where are the drop targets? A "new" classic pin without any drop target ? if it's a joke, it's not funny

#166 9 years ago

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, apparently.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Well that may be technically accurate but this is an EM style pin. I think most buyers requesting an original adult theme would want it to play like a modern pinball machine. I get what your saying and am glad they are doing an original theme just wish it was a modern style machine especially at this price point.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

F that price... I'm getting in line for a Predator instead

Plus, more boobs in their threads

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

His post is pretty clear to me.

Glad you get it. I want to hear more about why it's a fake.

Please let us know what you hear. Thanks.

#170 9 years ago

This is from Stern employee. Not naming names so don't ask.

"No worries – we have heard there is “something” out there, but not from us."

That is why I said it was fake. Either the employee is not aware of the press release and it's real or it's fake. I apologize if I rushed to say it's fake. I just trust my source at Stern.

#171 9 years ago

I am happy they are making it and I hope to play one at Marvolus Marvin's Mechanical Museum!

One Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons is worth 5 prototypes in the parts bin.

#172 9 years ago

For this price you can buy some of the rarest , most beautiful em's in the world!

#173 9 years ago

Stern: "Sorry, our PR firm hit “send” a day early. My apologies as I was unaware till you sent me the link. Our announcement is tomorrow."

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How many does she have?

I got it

#175 9 years ago

Stern: "Sorry, our PR firm hit “send” a day early. My apologies as I was unaware till you sent me the link. Our announcement is tomorrow."

Maybe you should question your source more than you do mine.

#177 9 years ago

So Legit, fake, now legit again. At that price.....I'm out........damn.....wanted this one

#178 9 years ago

Have to re-post this here. What is even funnier is the resut you gt when you type "hodor" into google. Not quite as cool as "do a barrel roll" in chrome, but funny nonetheless.

376183.jpg376183.jpg

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I am happy they are making it and I hope to play one at Marvolus Marvin's Mechanical Museum!
One Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons is worth 5 prototypes in the parts bin.

I'm not even a fan of the game Gravitodd, but my statment still stands.

#180 9 years ago

Last I heard Tim was interested in this for the PHOF, will it be there this year?

#182 9 years ago

Then they took it down. It was word for word what the other fellow posted

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well that may be technically accurate but this is an EM style pin. I think most buyers requesting an original adult theme would want it to play like a modern pinball machine. I get what your saying and am glad they are doing an original theme just wish it was a modern style machine especially at this price point.

You see Paragons and Playboys selling for $6-7000 completely remanufactured, and those are also very close to being EM style games.

It would have been easy for Stern to just churn out another return ramp on each side, two inlanes and outlanes, three pop bumper pit to catch the launch, bash target, italian bottom game. Yawn..... we have had that since 1992.

Here we have something much more cool and original, having the reliability of the SS electronics, but with the score reels. A great theme and art package (the fruit crates possibly making it the best theme integration ever). Sexy enough to separate the men from their mothers. It's going to stand out from all your other games.

Truly a conversation piece in any collection.

#184 9 years ago

PR Disaster ...

#wheresourpr

#185 9 years ago

You either want to buy it or not, let the sales speak for themselves.

The cheapest current MSRP on the planet are Stern Pros and AMH which are $5,995 MSRP. A semi custom run of BJM going for $500 more doesn't seem completely absurd when as every other NIB game goes for more than this. (Predator at $5k is currently vaporware, and likely you can get BJM delivered for closer to that same price)

#186 9 years ago

Where does one see a $7000 Paragon?! Wut!

#187 9 years ago

Wait bad PR and communications in pinball? You don't say communications in this industry is a joke. I'm sure this game will sell, simply because it will be available and you can actually have it, unlike all of the other promised games that have yet to be built. Love you guys!

#188 9 years ago

You are forgetting this is Stern. Unlike all the others their games never sell for retail. They will be going for around $5000 - 5300 street price. That is still pricy for an "EM", but it is not as bad as $6500. Personally I never bought into this theme being funny or witty or whatever they are trying to be so I would not buy one for any price. If it was something that I really wanted, I might give $4500 for it. It is after all a small volume boutique game despite being built by Stern.

#189 9 years ago

Priced around "The Pin" it would have sold decent.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You are forgetting this is Stern. Unlike all the others their games never sell for retail. They will be going for around $5000 - 5300 street price. That is still pricy for an "EM", but it is not as bad as $6500. Personally I never bought into this theme being funny or witty or whatever they are trying to be so I would not buy one for any price. If it was something that I really wanted, I might give $4500 for it. It is after all a small volume boutique game despite being built by Stern.

WTF are you talking about street price? $6500 is the price . This isn't cocaaine.

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

WTF are you talking about street price? $6500 is the price . This isn't cocaaine.

Why are you such a nob. Street price will be a g less. You really put your noobness out there every time you talk.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

here's a juicy pair . . .
-removed-

my aplogies for the nice boobies . . .

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Ignored user comment

Why are you such a nob. Street price will be a g less. You really put your noobness out there every time you talk.

LOL. I should un-ignore him just to see if he was replying to my comment. On second thought...no this is more fun.

#194 9 years ago

He was comparing pinball with cocaine. Clearly he has never ripped off anyone enough to afford a nib Stern.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Kaneda,

It's a well established fact that Stern MSRP is not the final price for NIB Sterns. Many distributors can offer a price that is typically $1,000 or more cheaper than the Stern MSRP.

So the price for Nellie will not be $6,500 for those buyers who take the time to research the best price.

Marcus

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

It's a well established fact that Stern MSRP is not the final price for NIB Sterns.

Unless of course you get caught up in the LE hype on opening day. Will this be an LE?

#197 9 years ago

Well Im interested at how they arrived at this price. Esp for this pin. It seems as if they misread what the pinball community can bare for pricing.

Get out the popcorn!!!!

Chris

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, none of that was listed in the press release so I'd guess you are looking at clink clink ding ding. File it under "classic pinball experience."

Per Spooky pinball podcast, there are voices, etc. The gobble hole is also gone (replaced with an eject hole)

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Well Im interested at how they arrived at this price. Esp for this pin. It seems as if they misread what the pinball community can bare for pricing.
Get out the popcorn!!!!
Chris

greed

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Per Spooky pinball podcast, there are voices, etc. The gobble hole is also gone (replaced with an eject hole)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.