469835.jpg
20150709_232846.jpg
DSC_0117.JPG
DSCN1363.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
Jed.jpeg
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
#1151 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

As I said in my review, liberal voters who think the art is offensive are being overtly negative. It is not a religious cult, it is a pinball machine.

LOL, what?

#1152 8 years ago

You opened the door, so here it comes:

Watch the national news regarding considerations by state governments liberal legislators and voters in respect to both immigration of foreign nationals who are members of specific religious organizations not recognized by the world and are threats to our national security.
There is your detail, in respect to the post.

If you still do not understand what the liberal party side is doing, then accept what is going to happen in your own backyard.
They react poorly in reverse of what should be considered.
Worried about the little things (like pinball), and ignore the big problems.

These exactly the same people who picket the White House for tobacco companies for things that are already known, feel that everything is destroying the environment, and the world morals in every area are subject including pinball.
Pinball machines/artwork is not going to "morally corrupt the world".
I have already heard it personally again outside this forum, and I about fell out of my chair.
Anybody remember the illegalization of pinball?
I do.
This did not get fixed until the 1970s.

It is called ignorance, just like the inbred hillbilly mentality that has permeated PinSide by uninformed people and been taken over by trolls.
Any person that offers a different opinion than the masses on this forum is ostracized (do people even know what this means?).
Collectors are shoved out the door, saying they are "wrong" because they used LEDs or not use LEDs?
Most everything here is superficial, and most has no value.
It is not even entertainment anymore.
Pinball machine collecting is supposed to be about collecting pinballs, not glorified ass grabbing.

This may seem angry, but after spending decades living abroad and returning, I have come to one conclusion.
The United States has fallen into a state of complete decadence.
Our education system is shattered, and the millennials of this generation will finish the job for the rest.
The rest of the world is not far behind.

#1153 8 years ago

Please take your long winded political crap elsewhere.

#1154 8 years ago

Ugh. He didn't open the door. You pushed it open and started spewing. Go away please, no one wants to read your stupid political ranting.

We're talking about a cool pinball machine, keep it that way.

#1155 8 years ago

WoW! Yes there are issues, but a narrow view is of no help.

A much broader view would include, Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons!
What a Pinball Machine this is!

World Problems solved....at least just for this thread!

#1156 8 years ago

Wow. Takes a lot for me to hit the ignore button. Saved by the thread eject in this case. Hair trigger moving forward though.

#1157 8 years ago

I've got a new location opening and this game would be a good fit. But it is hard to justify at >$5k, especially if it is priced at 50 cents or more per play. Will people drop 75 cents to play a game that looks like an EM? I've run EMs on location and people play the hell out of them at 25 cents. Sometimes an EM at 25 cents/play will out earn other games at 50 cents/play because you draw in casual players that wouldn't bother to play a more complex or expensive game. Casual players often are intimidated by games that look too hard. Or they are unwilling to drop 75 cents or $1 for a 3 minute game but will spend 25 cents on an EM that eats your lunch in 1-2 minutes. I don't think people would be as free with the quarters with an EM type game if it cost 75 cents/play. So I question pricing per play and the return on investment at >$5k. Thoughts on pricing, etc. for Whoa Nellie!

#1158 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I've got a new location opening and this game would be a good fit. But it is hard to justify at >$5k, especially if it is priced at 50 cents or more per play. Will people drop 75 cents to play a game that looks like an EM? I've run EMs on location and people play the hell out of them at 25 cents. Sometimes an EM at 25 cents/play will out earn other games at 50 cents/play because you draw in casual players that wouldn't bother to play a more complex or expensive game. Casual players often are intimidated by games that look too hard. Or they are unwilling to drop 75 cents or $1 for a 3 minute game but will spend 25 cents on an EM that eats your lunch in 1-2 minutes. I don't think people would be as free with the quarters with an EM type game if it cost 75 cents/play. So I question pricing per play and the return on investment at >$5k. Thoughts on pricing, etc. for Whoa Nellie!

We've never met, but I enjoy playing your pins whenever I visit KC. I'd love to see a Whoa Nellie on location in the area. Where is the new location and when will it open? Looking forward to it.

#1159 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Thoughts on pricing, etc. for Whoa Nellie!

Might be willing to pay more or equal to other games if you advertise it as being set to 5 ball. Still won't have long ball times.

#1160 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Will people drop 75 cents to play a game that looks like an EM?

My local place has Nellie on $.75 for 5 balls. For reference, new Sterns like Kiss are priced at $1.00 and MMr is priced at $1.00 (3 balls).

#1161 8 years ago

I'd pay whatever just to try a Nellie as I can't justify buying one at the current price without some game play. I hope Flippers in NC will get one.

#1162 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Where is the new location and when will it open?

I'll be announcing it soon. Should be opening in a little over a week (fingers crossed).

Quoted from nosro:

My local place has Nellie on $.75 for 5 balls. For reference, new Sterns like Kiss are priced at $1.00 and MMr is priced at $1.00 (3 balls).

Good info. My MMr is $1/play, everything else is 50 cents. I occasionally price games at 75 cents depending on the title (AFM, CV were 75 cents). But this location is a bit more price sensitive due to most of the play being kids. MMr gets played quite a bit less than the other games but does fine due to the higher price. So a WNBJM would probably work at the new location at 75 cents for 5 balls. But I don't think I can justify it at >$5k. If the game was <$4k I'd be very tempted. That probably isn't going to happen. I guess I'll keep an eye on the prices over the next few months.

#1163 8 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Im most amazed that the feminists havent hit this game hard yet, with the game art and all, they seem good to sniff out stuff like this everywhere else LOL

Gary should have offered a few free machines to student bars. He wouldn't have got one through the doors but would have got lot's of publicity.

#1164 8 years ago

As far as pricing... WNBJM is a really strange and cool looking game. To me that is enough to get people to initially put in quarters to try it. Once they have played it the gameplay and non-EM sound track will bring them back. From the earnings reports, it sounds like it is doing great on location, so I would not worry about setting a modern pin price. It is a modern pin after all and not an EM.

#1165 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It honestly isn't anything like an EM. If you haven't played it then don't just look at some photos and assume it's the same thing, because it's not. There's really nothing else like it.

^^^^^^This x 100 ^^^^^^^^

#1166 8 years ago

@strangbat I have zero experience as an operator or as a business owner for that matter, so take what I say with skepticism. Many say that it's like no other machine. I agree, but I would put it another way. If you try to categorize this machine with terms used to describe other machines, you will certainly miss the mark.

This is not an EM. This machine has no flow. Unlike every other new machine in the last decade, this machine has an original theme. I'm pretty sure there are no modes, but I keep hearing new sounds. The ball moves slowly, except when it's moving quickly.

People assume the "feminazi" will come out, but I've seen teenage girls and a grandmother playing it. I have not seen teenagers and grandmothers play the Indiana Jones or Bally Wizard next to it.

The price seems rather high, but I called to get some price quotes anyway.

I love deep machines with flow. And I love Nellie.

Make sense?

#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

People assume the "feminazi" will come out, but I've seen teenage girls and a grandmother playing it. I have not seen teenagers and grandmothers play the Indiana Jones or Bally Wizard next to it.
The price seems rather high, but I called to get some price quotes anyway.
I love deep machines with flow. And I love Nellie.
Make sense?

Bro, Feminazis with Anita Sarkeesian at the helm jump right away on videogames that might with alot of imagination, and if you squint, portray some female in, maybe, if you squint even further, some sort of mysterious bad way, so why pinballs with wide open "melon" targets go under the radar is beyond me.

#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Thoughts on pricing, etc. for Whoa Nellie!

I've seen it at about 5 locations and everyone has it set at $1, $2 for 3 plays - all 3 ball games.

-

I remember back in 1980 when Black Hole and Black Knight were the first games that came set at .50 cents from the factory instead of .25 cents (that .50 cents would be $1.48 in 2015 money).

Some Ops were panicking that players would never pay .50 for a game

Some left it at .50 cents, but made them 5 ball games with more open outlanes.

Others simply deployed the games at .50 cents and enjoyed doubling their income.

Within 2 years, everyone got used to the .50 cent games and that was simply the price.

#1169 8 years ago

Bar + Boobs = 1.00 games, 3 ball IMO. Im not an operator at all, just a feeling it would get played a bunch.

#1170 8 years ago

Guys, gals,
I own it. I play it. I love it for all that it is. Yes, even after x number of months... Simple as that! If you're on the fence about getting one, spend an entire night with it and you'll see what all the buzz is about. It is quite addictive. Agreed with Aurich, there's nothing quite like it!
Thanks Greg, Dennis and Gary (and team) for a fun, fresh pinball package.

#1171 8 years ago

Wonder wether the next title they do is another retro, unique cabinet or original theme?
If they produce something this good again I may just have to add that as well.
WNBJM = BEST GAME EVER!

#1172 8 years ago

Best game ever?????? Like, THE.BEST.EVER????

#1173 8 years ago

I picked up a HUO one yesterday. It had been on the legs so the crate had never been put together. I've got to say I can see why it costs more then people expected now. I didn't pay close enough attention at shows to realize how heavily built the crate and the game is. That's a lot of wood and it's not cheap pressed wood. So far my wife and I have enjoyed it. It's very basic but still has enough game play to be fun. It's kind of nice to have a change up game that is not quite as intense as most newer games are. A bad game takes about 1.5 minutes, a great one takes less then 10. Just goes to show that a game doesn't have to be a million miles per minute with 40 modes to be fun.

1 week later
#1174 8 years ago

A mate just completed the second mode after claiming the " lets thump " gobble hole
Very special and a nice surprise. Still loving this game sick
When is the next code coming?

2 weeks later
#1175 8 years ago

Love this game!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1176 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Love this game!!

image_(resized).jpeg

What a coincidence! I was just wondering if you might be tiring of it and be in the mood to sell/trade. I guess that answers that.

#1177 8 years ago

Wow! Surprised you got that one. Glad you're enjoying it, seems like a nice change of pace.

#1178 8 years ago

I hate EM games, but I love WNBJM. If anyone has a lead on one, please PM me.

#1179 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I hate EM games, but I love WNBJM. If anyone has a lead on one, please PM me.

Available from every major distributor at a significantly discounted price. If you want to be a CARGPB, you might need to wait a couple of years, but I am sure you will not have problem.

#1180 8 years ago

To hate EM games is a very broad statement. Every time I read this there is never a particular title listed. If I was to say I hate DMD games, would you say "Whoa, have you played Shaq Attack? If not you are really missing out..."

And I will be honest, I've gotten tired of most DMD games with their repetitious shots, cheesy artwork, annoying sounds, and lame licensed themes that I care nothing about. But there are a few I still enjoy very much.

#1181 8 years ago

So what is everyone's best score on WNBJM so far? I finally beat the second level of melon roll overs and put up a little over 6K this weekend. It can be such a tough game. I can't help but laugh when I have a great first ball and on the second ball I drain without even getting to flip I was really happy with that score, anyone rolled their's yet?

#1182 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So what is everyone's best score on WNBJM so far? I finally beat the second level of melon roll overs and put up a little over 6K this weekend. It can be such a tough game

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So what is everyone's best score on WNBJM so far? I finally beat the second level of melon roll overs and put up a little over 6K this weekend. It can be such a tough game. I can't help but laugh when I have a great first ball and on the second ball I drain without even getting to flip I was really happy with that score, anyone rolled their's yet?

"Rollover until game explodes".

"Stern's finest game design in pinball history."

#1184 8 years ago

Now that was epic!!

#1185 8 years ago

5169 and I don't even have that GC!
only ever seen melons rolled twice, once! if that makes sense. Again I was watching-bastard.

#1186 8 years ago

Does everybody play 5-ball or do some play 3-ball? Those scores are 5-ball I assume?

#1187 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Does everybody play 5-ball or do some play 3-ball? Those scores are 5-ball I assume?

I play mine on 3 only. Anything over 3k is a great game for me, anything over 5k is crazy good.

Great score Hwawonyu!!!

#1188 8 years ago

I got my game 4 days ago now. - And I'm lovin' it. I have ticked in a bit over 300 plays already.........

My GC is just above 5k, outlaners are factory (in the middle I think), 3 ball game, difficulty is Sassy.

I think it's a very tough and fun game. Simple and enjoyable. I have gotten the 4 rollovers several times, but I have never completed the 2nd set of blinking rollovers, though I was very close one game, getting all 4 rollovers then draining before being able to hit the damn Turkey shot.
I'm excited to get there though...

I have a question for you guys by the way, if anyone could help me out. I assembled the box and put it under and I love it. After the assembly I am now stuck with 4 pieces of greyish wood, which I assume is to replace the corners with the leg protectors on them? I just cant really seem to get those off.

Im also left with two pieces of black coloured wood which sorta looks like they are handles?

If no one understands my description then I will upload a picture

#1189 8 years ago

If the Black wood are large pieces, they are the Back Box riser between the head and the game.

I never have taken the metal leg protectors off to lend a thought.

Just finished setting up my Christmas Present! I really need to say Thank You to Everyone on Pinside for that!

Shes a beauty! The wood framing is so special, Ive almost convinced the wife its furniture.

True to its form, what a Joy to play.

It could be just my Passion for Pinball, but damn its Fun to play, and after a couple games from the wife,
she was hooked.

Her comments were, "This is the only game that isnt too fast, hard to play, or an assault on my senses."

If your thinking about it......Yes, Get it! is my answer.

I see it as my breather from a Coronary battling Zombies....

#1190 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You opened the door, so here it comes:
Watch the national news regarding considerations by state governments liberal legislators and voters in respect to both immigration of foreign nationals who are members of specific religious organizations not recognized by the world and are threats to our national security.
There is your detail, in respect to the post.
If you still do not understand what the liberal party side is doing, then accept what is going to happen in your own backyard.
They react poorly in reverse of what should be considered.
Worried about the little things (like pinball), and ignore the big problems.
These exactly the same people who picket the White House for tobacco companies for things that are already known, feel that everything is destroying the environment, and the world morals in every area are subject including pinball.
Pinball machines/artwork is not going to "morally corrupt the world".
I have already heard it personally again outside this forum, and I about fell out of my chair.
Anybody remember the illegalization of pinball?
I do.
This did not get fixed until the 1970s.
It is called ignorance, just like the inbred hillbilly mentality that has permeated PinSide by uninformed people and been taken over by trolls.
Any person that offers a different opinion than the masses on this forum is ostracized (do people even know what this means?).
Collectors are shoved out the door, saying they are "wrong" because they used LEDs or not use LEDs?
Most everything here is superficial, and most has no value.
It is not even entertainment anymore.
Pinball machine collecting is supposed to be about collecting pinballs, not glorified ass grabbing.
This may seem angry, but after spending decades living abroad and returning, I have come to one conclusion.
The United States has fallen into a state of complete decadence.
Our education system is shattered, and the millennials of this generation will finish the job for the rest.
The rest of the world is not far behind.

I'll have whatever this guy is smoking.

1 week later
#1191 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'll have whatever this guy is smoking.

I don't know, it seems to bring a hint of paranoia with it ...

#1192 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I will be honest, I've gotten tired of most DMD games with their repetitious shots, cheesy artwork, annoying sounds, and lame licensed themes that I care nothing about. But there are a few I still enjoy very much.

But have you played Shaq Attack?

#1193 8 years ago

Why yes, yes I have.

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1194 8 years ago

Anybody in the Phoenix area know where one of these can be played?

#1195 8 years ago

This game rocks - I need to get one!

#1196 8 years ago

I play it every day...a welcome and challenging break from everything else!
From the Music to the shots, I marvel at its simple genius!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-confirmed-pricing/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.