(Topic ID: 152655)

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Club - all welcome!

By RobertWinter

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 492 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by oldskool1969
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 125 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200216_080614 (resized).jpg
20200216_080425 (resized).jpg
20200216_080451 (resized).jpg
shake.gif
DSC00658 (resized).JPG
BA1C66D2-CCD6-4458-85D6-2BC413A3E542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpeg
20191028_154405 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
D769D196-883C-471A-8B02-3EB9E6FAC037 (resized).jpeg
20190928_120143 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190920_170629 (resized).jpg
8E789444-3C52-4D77-886F-2763F78C7D88 (resized).jpeg
WNBJM voices Rod Olsen Jerry Thompson (resized).jpg
ALL 3 code (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

In! Love mine. I recommend the laseriffic plastic protectors. They really glow.

Where did you get the mellon shooter rod?

#11 4 years ago

Who else enjoys WDD Radio?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Has anyone successfully installed chimes? Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Brian

Yes. We'll see if he chimes in here.

1 week later
#31 4 years ago

Got my Stern melon shooter knob and unfortunately it's not pretty. Finish sucks. Paint job sucks. It's kind of lumpy, not a smooth oval. I bought it through a distributor and have requested a refund, or an exchange for a good one. 1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Rejoining the club! My game ships Monday from Stern! Very jacked up!

Congrats and wise decision! There's truly nothing else like it. It is hands-down the best-looking, most unique, sexiest pin I've ever owned. And if that weren't enough it's also really fun, funny, challenging and has a great soundtrack. Total package.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Got my Stern melon shooter knob and unfortunately it's not pretty. Finish sucks. Paint job sucks. It's kind of lumpy, not a smooth oval. I bought it through a distributor and have requested a refund, or an exchange for a good one. 1_(resized).jpg
2_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

Situation update. Stern is sending a replacement free of charge, with a return label for the crappy one. Hopefully the replacement is nicer. Will update once it arrives.

1 week later
#51 4 years ago

Replacement melon shooter knob arrived today. Sorry, no pics. Auto focus on my phone camera is on the fritz. The quality and finish is much better this time around. Kudos to Stern for a quick and painless resolution.

#54 4 years ago

I think the street price is around $5500.

11 months later
#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm right with you brothers - so much fun!
Except for one minor detail: drop the politically incorrect big breasted women and hillbillies and come to the dark side of hipster beer and Pacific NW metal music - IT'S CAN CRUSHIN' TIME!!!

Screw political correctness. Whoa Nellie rules!

8 months later
#139 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Sadly I have left this club. Was fun while it lasted.

Thanks again for getting me back in the club! I should have never sold my first one. Absolutely love this pin.

6 months later
#180 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Looks like I just joined the club! Anyone know what the wood pieces are for in the second photo? Were these in case I wanted to attach legs to the front of the cabinet? If I'm using the crate, are leg protectors supposed to be exposed in the back like on mine?

4 corner pieces for attaching legs. 4 corner pieces with no leg holes for cleaner look when on crate. Swap your rear ones.

#187 2 years ago

Right - but was wondering what was the difference between Sweet/Sassy/Stern.
Also curious about some other things I noticed while rummaging around in the menu...
I noticed in the feature adjustments where I can install bell #1/#2/#3; is this to install an actual physical bell? I noticed earlier there was a discussion in this thread about installing bells, but the game already has bell sounds built in - so, forgive my ignorance - can anyone enlighten me on what is the difference? (Real bells sound better?)
Also, I noticed the default setting for the rollover lanes is for your progress to carryover from ball to ball. For a true EM experience, would this normally happen? I'm thinking about setting this so the lanes reset after your ball drains but would be interested in other opinions on what they like.

Of course real bells/chimes are better.

It's not a true EM experience. It's a hybrid experience. EMs don't have computers, sound package, ball save, dmd, etc. Just embrace it.

1 month later
#206 1 year ago

Is there a ballpark consensus on how many were made? Maybe 200-300?

I've always felt this pin was special. Such a departure for Stern. The workmanship on the distressed wood cabinet is top notch. Gorgeous silkscreen backglass. Great art & sound package. Great theme for melon-lovers. No doubt the coolest and best-looking pin I own.

1 week later
#214 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Any vendors still have a NIB WNBJM and deserve my money? Near msrp and not 10k by Christmas of course.

Marco claims they are the only one with NIB left, but I doubt they'll be cheap.

#223 1 year ago

My thinking is while the machine was wrapped in a furniture blanket in a hot delivery truck, it somehow absorbed the clear coat off the knob. (The knob was actually covered in the fuzz from the blanket when it first arrived.) I cleaned it up and have had it for a couple of months now, but it always felt weird to me so I just wanted to be sure it wasn't supposed to be like that. My advice to anyone shipping this pin with a watermelon shooter - wrap the knob in a plastic bag to protect it. (EDIT: Oh boy. Reading that out loud sure sounds bad.)

Mine was/is like that as well. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be like that, but it is.

#227 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure WNBJM will soon become the most collectible pin in my collection. It's already the rarest, best-looking and most unique. Won't be long before others realize the same.

2 weeks later
#258 1 year ago

I posted a couple of weeks ago about a messed up watermelon shooter rod. I decided "screw it" and ordered a replacement. First, I think the replacement is better, but it's also a little odd in a different way. The photo below shows the new one and it seems to have a weird issue similar to the one NorCalRealtor posted on the first page of this thread. It feels smooth except for that strange spot with all the tiny dimples. (Right there you can't feel any kind of clear coat - but at least it's not sticky like my other one!)
So my question now is, should I quit while I'm ahead? (Does everyone's kind of look like this at the base?) Or do I have a high probability of getting an even better one that's smooth all over if I try to exchange this? [quoted image]

I think these were hand-made and imperfect. Fortunately, the location of the flaws on yours will be pretty much invisible once installed.

1 week later
#279 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Free set of PinFoots to the first person to tell me who the girl in the pic is.

Cassandra with a wig?

3 weeks later
#343 1 year ago

All the text and logos and fine print added to the original photo ruins it for me. Bummer.

Also don't understand why they're being sold glued to a board. That adds a lot to the base cost & shipping cost. Should be just rolled up in a poster tube and mounted/framed however the buyers sees fit.

#345 1 year ago

That all makes good sense. Thanks for explaining.

1 week later
#381 1 year ago

My wife grew a nice pair of melons this year. Lots of seeds though. Not like the store bought.

2 weeks later
#385 1 year ago

Lately, out of the blue, people have been asking about buying my BJM. Requests for first dibs, etc. My typical answer is "no chance."

Has the pinball community finally realized how awesome this pin is?

Are you guys starting to get unsolicited offer as well?

3 weeks later
#406 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

anyone worried about using the box without the legs ? just seems the box is made like an Ikea cheap piece of furniture

Rubbish. Mellon crate all the way.

1 week later
#411 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

50% skill 50% luck 50% fun
oh wait that is 150%
WNBJM is 150% AWESOME.
MELLUNS!

Anyone who owns a Whoa Nellie and a Gilligan is alright by me.

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Not sure how many Whoa Nellie fans here have read the Primus thread, but it's very disappointing to see how many pinsiders are very negative on the WNBJM layout Saddens me that so many people have formed an opinion on it, most probably from 1 quick play on a noisy showroom floor, we all know that it's a game that grows on you the more you play and hear it.

Agreed. Even the mod was bagging on Whoa Nellie. He said it's a 1-player game. He probably never even played it.

#420 1 year ago

No Whoa Nellie reskins will ever top the original.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 234.99
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside