(Topic ID: 152655)

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Club - all welcome!

By RobertWinter

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8446 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230524_134726957 (resized).jpg
A01EB8B5-A6D9-4AA4-8A1E-A30BACEEC089 (resized).jpeg
BED7E070-11EE-4563-99A3-25E2386D4C9F_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
50031728-00E2-479E-B413-2823381B32E3_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
318A6306-FD0B-4F4E-B83C-69764CE1FF66_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
5FC8DBB6-1E69-4596-BFA3-0D2F804743E6 (resized).jpeg
FADB281D-FEAE-4917-B080-6E119E126559 (resized).jpeg
7E0A86DF-3E6F-4C2F-9763-A8632CE60372 (resized).jpeg
694D5437-002E-4BAE-AA6D-BA077D31A58F (resized).jpeg
20221016_113449 (resized).jpg
20221016_113524 (resized).jpg
BC01B47B-561E-4016-B6EB-C0A6590CB65B (resized).jpeg
1B8DA88B-077B-40D1-A680-C9AB95CD799D (resized).jpeg
1F1D1824-4F78-4213-A56D-886D23884108 (resized).jpeg
DE0D411D-F5B4-4CFF-810F-2F604B60A126 (resized).jpeg
There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 5 years ago

well, she made it home, and she is all setup! wooohoooo! thanks again drjbeyer , I am a happy man!!

wnbjm (resized).JPGwnbjm (resized).JPG
#402 5 years ago

Welcome to the Melon farm
MELLUNS!

#403 5 years ago

anyone worried about using the box without the legs ? just seems the box is made like an Ikea cheap piece of furniture

#404 5 years ago

Box works great. Looks superior to the legs.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

anyone worried about using the box without the legs ? just seems the box is made like an Ikea cheap piece of furniture

Way better than the legs and it has been rock solid sturdy.
My only complaint is that on carpet, it is so sturdy it makes it hard to nudge the ball. I nearly have to do a death save to get the box to move.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Rubbish. Mellon crate all the way.

1 week later
#407 5 years ago

Not sure how many Whoa Nellie fans here have read the Primus thread, but it's very disappointing to see how many pinsiders are very negative on the WNBJM layout Saddens me that so many people have formed an opinion on it, most probably from 1 quick play on a noisy showroom floor, we all know that it's a game that grows on you the more you play and hear it.

#408 5 years ago

Guess you could use the Primus rom for a change of theme. Never really heard of the band. Wonder what the call-outs will be!

#409 5 years ago

50% skill 50% luck 50% fun
oh wait that is 150%
WNBJM is 150% AWESOME.

MELLUNS!

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Not sure how many Whoa Nellie fans here have read the Primus thread, but it's very disappointing to see how many pinsiders are very negative on the WNBJM layout Saddens me that so many people have formed an opinion on it, most probably from 1 quick play on a noisy showroom floor, we all know that it's a game that grows on you the more you play and hear it.

do you own the game ? trying to see if there are other owners in canada of whoa nellie , i have one with the crate

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

50% skill 50% luck 50% fun
oh wait that is 150%
WNBJM is 150% AWESOME.
MELLUNS!

Anyone who owns a Whoa Nellie and a Gilligan is alright by me.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Agreed. Even the mod was bagging on Whoa Nellie. He said it's a 1-player game. He probably never even played it.

#413 5 years ago

Once you've had some thump'in time, you can never go back.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Guess you could use the Primus rom for a change of theme. Never really heard of the band. Wonder what the call-outs will be!

I was hoping that would have been the case with Can Crusher, but I never saw those roms hit the Stern site.

I wonder if anyone ever tried Can Crusher on Whoa Nellie?

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I was hoping that would have been the case with Can Crusher, but I never saw those roms hit the Stern site.
I wonder if anyone ever tried Can Crusher on Whoa Nellie?

yes , can't say too much yet. wouldn't mind Primus SD card also. hint SD card!
MELLUNS!

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Agreed. Even the mod was bagging on Whoa Nellie. He said it's a 1-player game. He probably never even played it.

The two " best games ever "

#417 5 years ago

Question? Thought I once heard about a Cowbell Mod for Whoa Nellie. Guessing it never happened.

#418 5 years ago

I put in Gottlieb chimes.. does that count? There are three outputs you can tie into. Plus the knocker.

#419 5 years ago

Anyone got the can crusher SD card that they could make available on Dropbox?

#420 5 years ago

No Whoa Nellie reskins will ever top the original.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

well, she made it home, and she is all setup! wooohoooo! thanks again drjbeyer , I am a happy man!! [quoted image]

Looks great - glad it made it there safely!!!

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

do you own the game ? trying to see if there are other owners in canada of whoa nellie , i have one with the crate

Yes, I own one with the crate, don't know of any others in BC, but we know now there's at least 2 in the country!!

1 month later
#423 5 years ago

Do you want all three codes for this beautiful game and also the latest WNBJM update?
thank you STERN

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

THIS WILL NOT WORK SORRY, GOT CARRIED AWAY WITH MYSELF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#424 5 years ago

I don’t play her often. But when I do it’s nothing but a big ass smile on my face.

Boobs, ahem, melluns make the world go round!!!!

#425 5 years ago

went to update to the new code 1.54 , and when it said to power cycle game after code was loaded into the game i did that the power cycle , now the little apron display is blank . any help please

#426 5 years ago

Do you want all three codes for this beautiful game and also the latest WNBJM update?
thank you STERN
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
THIS WILL NOT WORK SORRY, GOT CARRIED AWAY WITH MYSELF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stern has now taken down code 1.54 on it's website . wonder if my problem is getting fixed with the no display

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Stern has now taken down code 1.54 on it's website . wonder if my problem is getting fixed with the no display

Same issue here, I’ve been in contact with Stern Software support. There will be another update very soon.

#428 5 years ago

I tried the Primus code on my Whoa Nellie.
I discovered that outside of the Southpark theme song I’m not a fan.

Next up I ‘m trying Pabst Can Crusher code.

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Now 1.55 is up. Anyone brace enough to try. (:

#430 5 years ago

Updated code DONE and also a picture of my little flasher mod so you can see some sort of lighting from them.
It is just 5mm aluminium angle cut and folded so the flasher sits just behind the back glass, SIMPLES!

20190131_174803 (resized).jpg20190131_174803 (resized).jpg
#431 5 years ago

Sweet melons!!

Playing some Whoa Nellie with my daughter tonight, what a blast.
I've never seen her so stressed as trying to get the gobble hole to start Thumpin' Time!

2 weeks later
#432 5 years ago

Sometimes the score doesn’t matter!

“WDD, Game over by Don’t Tilt “.

#433 5 years ago

anyone here install a shaker in their Whoa Nellie? i was curious what mods are worth installing on the WNBJMs?

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

anyone here install a shaker in their Whoa Nellie? i was curious what mods are worth installing on the WNBJMs?

I don't know wether it has been coded for shaker but I don't think I would like it any way.
All I have done is fiddle with the lighting and silicone rubbers.
" Best game ever "

#435 5 years ago

I'm pretty biased, I know, but:

Pinball Life's Stern Spike Knocker kit - https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html
Real chimes - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wnbjm-with-chimes
Warm white light replacements - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-warmer-melony-in-wnbjm-stern-spike-led

Pin Gulps from Pinball Life are also good, if your friends have a bad tendency to put drinks on the glass.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I'm pretty biased, I know, but:
Pinball Life's Stern Spike Knocker kit - https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html
Real chimes - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wnbjm-with-chimes
Warm white light replacements - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-warmer-melony-in-wnbjm-stern-spike-led
Pin Gulps from Pinball Life are also good, if your friends have a bad tendency to put drinks on the glass.

thanks! awesome stuff! i picked up the spike knocker kit... can't wait.

#437 5 years ago

It already has a knocker!
and knockers!

3 weeks later
1 month later
#439 4 years ago

Just to stir the group back up again....

Seen many "for sales" lately? No? Cause it's a great game!! (:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-55D7-01

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Just to stir the group back up again....
Seen many "for sales" lately? No? Cause it's a great game!! (:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-55D7-01

" Best game ever! "

#441 4 years ago

After several years, I can safely say, the Game always makes me Happy!

I have no other game out of hundreds in 49 years, that always does this!

Just joy, no matter what kind of a game......

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No Whoa Nellie reskins will ever top the original.

But they shall keep coming!

#443 4 years ago

PABST is pretty cool though, PRIMUS not so much!

#444 4 years ago

PABST is pretty cool though, PRIMUS not so much!

I need to get the PABST files.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I need to get the PABST files.

see my post #438 , very easy to do

#446 4 years ago

see my post #438 , very easy to do

Yeah but I would have to stop playing long enough to switch over... (:

#447 4 years ago

Playing it last night I kind of had an epiphany. I can't say it's the greatest game ever (not with a straight face at least), but man is it one of the most fun tables I've ever played. I imagine anyone unfamiliar with it would think I'm joking until they tried it firsthand.

Anyways - I'm suddenly noticing something that I realize is kind of a silly problem. Whenever my ball travels back down the shooter lane, once it hits the plunger tip it ricochets up and hits the glass with a loud "THWACK!!!!!" which scared the bejeezus out of me the first time. I have the playfield properly pitched at 4 degrees. Does anyone else's ball behave like this?

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Whenever my ball travels back down the shooter lane, once it hits the plunger tip it ricochets up and hits the glass with a loud "THWACK!!!!!" which scared the bejeezus out of me the first time. I have the playfield properly pitched at 4 degrees. Does anyone else's ball behave like this?

This can happen if playfield is not properly located and locked down or the shooter tip is a bit rough

#449 4 years ago

This can happen if playfield is not properly located and locked down or the shooter tip is a bit rough

Thanks. The problem seems to have gone away now that I've pulled the rubber tip a few millimeters off the shooter rod. Funny how that makes all the difference in the world.

#450 4 years ago

I'm using Primus and PABST and just wondered if anyone has upgraded the speakers on Whao Nellie to Flipper Fidelity. I have a spare spike set I removed from my GB pro prior to selling and never fitted them on my GB Premium due to the position of the coils for better speaker quality.
Any issues with fitting. Do they fit in the backbox ok ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-club-all-welcome/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.