(Topic ID: 152655)

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Club - all welcome!

By RobertWinter

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 492 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by oldskool1969
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 125 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200216_080614 (resized).jpg
20200216_080425 (resized).jpg
20200216_080451 (resized).jpg
shake.gif
DSC00658 (resized).JPG
BA1C66D2-CCD6-4458-85D6-2BC413A3E542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpeg
20191028_154405 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
D769D196-883C-471A-8B02-3EB9E6FAC037 (resized).jpeg
20190928_120143 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190920_170629 (resized).jpg
8E789444-3C52-4D77-886F-2763F78C7D88 (resized).jpeg
WNBJM voices Rod Olsen Jerry Thompson (resized).jpg
ALL 3 code (resized).jpg

There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 1 year ago

Glad you're happy with them! They really are a top shelf printing house, which is why we're using them!

#352 1 year ago

I went out for some Chinese food today for lunch as well as to pick up some groceries. Came back to my driveway to find the FedEx man standing there waiting for me. Check out that packing job. Big Juicy Melons are wrapped up with care and arrived perfectly in one piece. Looks great as well.

Edit: Whats the best way to hang a picture like this?

DSC_0347 (resized).JPGDSC_0348 (resized).JPGDSC_0349 (resized).JPGDSC_0350 (resized).JPGDSC_0351 (resized).JPG

#353 1 year ago

Edit: Whats the best way to hang a picture like this?

Just use thumb tacks...

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

Just use thumb tacks...

ACK!!! Don't use thumbtacks! Have it framed. I *might* consider making custom, distressed wood frames if enough people want them. I have no idea what the cost may be until I make one.

#355 1 year ago

I'd frame it like any other picture, and put it under glass. I do my own, but any local shop (even... *Michaels*) should be able to handle this since they don't have to mount it, only cut a mat & put it in a frame. You might skip the mat if you really wanted to since it has a white border already. (But I like the slight 3D-ness putting a mat in gives prints.)

Another way to display it, if you want to zig when others zag, is to use off-the-wall metal mirror clips. (not the tacky plastic kind) I do that for backglasses, and it looks reallllly cool. (I'll grab a picture so you can see what I mean.)

Pretty sure Greg wasn't serious about the thumbtacks.

#356 1 year ago

Yeah I kind of figured thumb tacks were the worst possible idea. Considering I just spent $100 on this of course. Ill keep my eyes peeled for the frame idea. If not Ill just buy a 24x36 frame at Wally World and frame it like any other print.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

ACK!!! Don't use thumbtacks! Have it framed. I *might* consider making custom, distressed wood frames if enough people want them. I have no idea what the cost may be until I make one.

i'm in for one 24 x 36. would you consider signing the frame somewhere at the front right corner?

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This might work? $36

ebay.com link » Craig Frames Bauhaus 1 25 Modern Gray Oak Picture Frame

That looks great. I don't think I could make them for that price.

#360 1 year ago

Here's what mirror clips look like on a backglass... Obviously couldn't back light these prints!

IMG_20180928_161429.jpgIMG_20180928_161453~2.jpgIMG_20180928_161513.jpg
#361 1 year ago

For that price I picked up one myself. Should I get some plastic or try to find some glass to stick in it as well?

#362 1 year ago

That looks great. I don't think I could make them for that price.

Hi Dennis...!!

Gotta Say....Whoa Nellie will be the last Pin to ever leave my house! Its such a Treat!

Is there a story behind the theme? A link Ive not seen?

Was there every a final game production total that was released?

Thanks for making my life so much better!!!

(LOVE Blackwater!)

#363 1 year ago

Wait for one of their "everything 40% off" sale at Michaels and get a 24x36 poster frame. Throw away everything but the front plastic, then see if you like how it looks. I like glass but can spot it's a personal taste thing.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

ebay.com link » Craig Frames Bauhaus 1 25 Modern Gray Oak Picture Frame

I'm buying these. Comes with hanging clips and wire. Also plastic cover. Thanks OLDPINGUY! Sooooo, I'm not going to make any frames.

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Dennis...!!

Gotta Say....Whoa Nellie will be the last Pin to ever leave my house! Its such a Treat!

Is there a story behind the theme? A link Ive not seen?

Was there every a final game production total that was released?

Thanks for making my life so much better!!!

(LOVE Blackwater!)

Thanks! Glad you like the game. Greg used to have a blog about the development of WN. I don't know the link. Maybe someone here does.

#366 1 year ago

Not exactly WNBJM but on the same topic. I bought that frame listed on Ebay in this thread yesterday Friday the 29th. I just received a shipping conformation with a guaranteed delivery date of October 4th. Ill show off how it looks to everyone as soon as it arrives.

#367 1 year ago

What blows my mind, and I'm easy to blow apparently, is a pinball playfield artwork package and some 'stuff' was auctioned off for 14000 dollars, 13K and 1K bonus by someone. Amazing.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

What blows my mind, and I'm easy to blow apparently, is a pinball playfield artwork package and some 'stuff' was auctioned off for 14000 dollars, 13K and 1K bonus by someone. Amazing.

It was two separate auctions and a huge group effort. I'm glad to have been apart of it.

I can't thank enough all those who donated items and especially those who donated money without expecting anything in return. Its was for a great cause regardless but everybody chipping in made it a lot of fun.

#369 1 year ago

That just "Dills My Pickle"!

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It was two separate auctions and a huge group effort. I'm glad to have been apart of it.
I can't thank enough all those who donated items and especially those who donated money without expecting anything in return. Its was for a great cause regardless but everybody chipping in made it a lot of fun.

Amazing is putting it mildly. Lots of people are owed beer. Lots and lots of beer!

#371 1 year ago

Thanks! Glad you like the game. Greg used to have a blog about the development of WN. I don't know the link. Maybe someone here does.

Here you go:
http://whizbangpinball.blogspot.com/

https://vimeo.com/38739652

https://vimeo.com/11157470

#372 1 year ago

nellie (resized).jpg

#373 1 year ago

Just brought mine home a couple weeks ago... this game is crazy fun! i am going to have to get in on some of that artwork listed here. I did have a question, how do we change the songs/audio?
also... my play field has a sticker on the bottom underneath that reads "number 17 or 80" could there really be only 80 of these? in any case this game is one of the most fun pins i have ever played.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from zenbone:

I did have a question, how do we change the songs/audio?
could there really be only 80 of these?

Play around in the portal with music attenuation to achieve some varied results with bells n chimes etc. you can't really change the songs as such, but you can turn them off.
I believe this and PABST are true limited editions as there are very, very few around.
MELLUNS!

#375 1 year ago

Before starting Spooky Pinball, a down-on-his-luck Charlie Emery auditioned to be the live action model.

The producers elected to go in a different direction.

_DSC2399 (resized).jpg
#376 1 year ago

Stunning print quality.
Thank you!
On the way to the frame shop!

FullSizeRender-4 (resized).jpeg

#377 1 year ago

Someone just shared w/me that maybe, just maybe CE's photo op/shoot would be more accurately portrayed with any type of curved snausage and marquee labeled 'Pimpskins'. I'm not sure.

Aside, the license plate of 'PINHDS1' out of florida is available for those that care.

#378 1 year ago

how much ?

#379 1 year ago

Someone just shared w/me that maybe, just maybe CE's photo op/shoot would be more accurately portrayed with any type of curved snausage and marquee labeled 'Pimpskins'. I'm not sure.

What is CE? Some people get all hot and bothered by anything that has boobs, then threaten to do the same thing themselves. Hypocrites!

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This might work? $36
ebay.com link » Craig Frames Bauhaus 1 25 Modern Gray Oak Picture Frame[quoted image]

The frame mentioned here on Ebay finally arrived today. I must say, it looks really good in person. Now I just need a Melony standee and I think I'm set for big juicy melon madness!

DSC_0364 (resized).JPGDSC_0365 (resized).JPG
#381 1 year ago

My wife grew a nice pair of melons this year. Lots of seeds though. Not like the store bought.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

My wife grew a nice pair of melons this year. Lots of seeds though. Not like the store bought.

371C4DE3-E8EC-44BB-8C72-7F2DE8B8C07A (resized).jpeg
#383 1 year ago

+ 10 for the homegrown

2 weeks later
#385 1 year ago

Lately, out of the blue, people have been asking about buying my BJM. Requests for first dibs, etc. My typical answer is "no chance."

Has the pinball community finally realized how awesome this pin is?

Are you guys starting to get unsolicited offer as well?

#386 1 year ago

Yup, a couple people have reached out....
I went so far as to pickup a Few Ems, Woodrails, thinking I could enjoy what WNBJM was to me.

Didnt happen....Nothing against all the games in the Past, but Nellie is in a league of its own....

Id call it the Best EM (Non EM) ever made!

#387 1 year ago

A true limited edition.
A few people have enjoyed and offered some good $ on mine.
One day I might have to sell, but I hope not.
MELLUNS!

fullsizeoutput_121 (resized).jpeg
#388 1 year ago

With the release of WNBJM on Pinball Arcade just recently, I reckon a lot of people will now realise what a great game it is and that will drive some demand. My prediction is that it will become much more sought after.

#389 1 year ago

People are starting to realize that simple games can be fun too.

1 week later
#390 1 year ago

Hey all, I just listed my game in the market section. Looks as good as it did they day it came out of the box - the only thing I added were the colored plastic protectors which I think look really nice. Game is located in central VA. $4800.

IMG_6727 (resized).jpg

#392 1 year ago

I wonder if I need two?

#393 1 year ago

In Australia I can double that $ easy! GLWTS Dude.
I get offers on mine weekly.
MELLUNS!

#394 1 year ago

Thought this would be a good place to post some pics I found buried in an old folder on my computer.

These were taken at the Whoa Nellie Project unveiling at Expo 2009, little more than a box and an idea, but as you can see, pretty close to what it came to be!!

Dennis and Greg with their new creation:IMAG0501 (resized).jpgIMAG0500 (resized).jpg

With Pinball Legend Wayne Neyens, the original designer of Continental Cafe: IMAG0506 (resized).jpg

Another Legend, Steve Kordek taking in seminar:IMAG0508 (resized).jpg

#395 1 year ago

Finally getting to join the club soon!! Have had my eye out for one of these for a while now!

This one is meant to be, taking a trip and it’s only a slight detour on the way home!!

Very excited!! Can’t wait!!

#396 1 year ago

WARNING!
When installing your mods, make sure machine is off!
Couple hundred dollars later for a new Node board and my Nellie lives again with a lit gobble hole ( which should have been factory IMO )

Gobble hole lit WNBJM (resized).jpg
#397 1 year ago

Sweet! It was definitely needed. Good job!!

Now details? (:

#398 1 year ago

It is just a 10SMD LED strip from Comet and connected to the GI circuit only ( may take out the NODE board if connected to control lamp ) You also have to penetrate the play field for wiring.
The strip is stuck to the outside of the inner metal barrier of gobble hole so it illuminates the plastic.
That is it and cheap.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You also have to penetrate the playfield.

LOL!
WTF (resized).jpg

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

... You also have to penetrate the play field ...

huhuhuh-you-said-penetrate (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside