(Topic ID: 152655)

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Club - all welcome!

By RobertWinter

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8446 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230524_134726957 (resized).jpg
A01EB8B5-A6D9-4AA4-8A1E-A30BACEEC089 (resized).jpeg
BED7E070-11EE-4563-99A3-25E2386D4C9F_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
50031728-00E2-479E-B413-2823381B32E3_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
318A6306-FD0B-4F4E-B83C-69764CE1FF66_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
5FC8DBB6-1E69-4596-BFA3-0D2F804743E6 (resized).jpeg
FADB281D-FEAE-4917-B080-6E119E126559 (resized).jpeg
7E0A86DF-3E6F-4C2F-9763-A8632CE60372 (resized).jpeg
694D5437-002E-4BAE-AA6D-BA077D31A58F (resized).jpeg
20221016_113449 (resized).jpg
20221016_113524 (resized).jpg
BC01B47B-561E-4016-B6EB-C0A6590CB65B (resized).jpeg
1B8DA88B-077B-40D1-A680-C9AB95CD799D (resized).jpeg
1F1D1824-4F78-4213-A56D-886D23884108 (resized).jpeg
DE0D411D-F5B4-4CFF-810F-2F604B60A126 (resized).jpeg
There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 5 years ago

I posted a couple of weeks ago about a messed up watermelon shooter rod. I decided "screw it" and ordered a replacement. First, I think the replacement is better, but it's also a little odd in a different way. The photo below shows the new one and it seems to have a weird issue similar to the one NorCalRealtor posted on the first page of this thread. It feels smooth except for that strange spot with all the tiny dimples. (Right there you can't feel any kind of clear coat - but at least it's not sticky like my other one!)

So my question now is, should I quit while I'm ahead? (Does everyone's kind of look like this at the base?) Or do I have a high probability of getting an even better one that's smooth all over if I try to exchange this?

0818181852 (resized).jpg0818181852 (resized).jpg
#252 5 years ago

Whoa Nellie Interactive Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=896

Please check it out

pbz_WNBJM (resized).pngpbz_WNBJM (resized).png
#253 5 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

So my question now is, should I quit while I'm ahead?

What if you just took some fine steel wool or similar, give it a nice scrubbing and put on a couple quality clear coats?

#254 5 years ago

So my question now is, should I quit while I'm ahead? (Does everyone's kind of look like this at the base?) Or do I have a high probability of getting an even better one that's smooth all over if I try to exchange this?

Dunno. This is mine and it looks very similar. Its smooth all over but has some of the same bubbling issues on yours as well.

DSC_0312 (resized).JPGDSC_0312 (resized).JPG
#255 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing PinsideMike. (And maybe I should look into enhancing my TOTAN with a Melony as well. )

I ordered mine from Game Room Guys. Went back on their site and it shows "this item is no longer available." Looks like I might've bought the last one, so my chances are diminishing that I'm going to be able to replace this with a better one.

#256 5 years ago

My Melon pretty much matches your Melon....Its what Low volume/hand made production produces.

Casabas!

#257 5 years ago

Got my WNBJM over the weekend. I unboxed it, got the legs on, was getting ready to secure the backbox to the cabinet.... no keys. Checked the coin door, cash box, inside and out of the cabinet but no go.

Waiting to hear back from the distributor, hopefully they just forgot the keys on a desk or something. I don't want to play until this until the backbox is secure.

#258 5 years ago

I posted a couple of weeks ago about a messed up watermelon shooter rod. I decided "screw it" and ordered a replacement. First, I think the replacement is better, but it's also a little odd in a different way. The photo below shows the new one and it seems to have a weird issue similar to the one NorCalRealtor posted on the first page of this thread. It feels smooth except for that strange spot with all the tiny dimples. (Right there you can't feel any kind of clear coat - but at least it's not sticky like my other one!)
So my question now is, should I quit while I'm ahead? (Does everyone's kind of look like this at the base?) Or do I have a high probability of getting an even better one that's smooth all over if I try to exchange this? [quoted image]

I think these were hand-made and imperfect. Fortunately, the location of the flaws on yours will be pretty much invisible once installed.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think these were hand-made and imperfect. Fortunately, the location of the flaws on yours will be pretty much invisible once installed.

Yeah after reflecting on it some more I was coming to the same conclusion as well. My machines bring out the worst in my OCD and what I pay for them always makes me want to keep them immaculate, which gets a little maddening.

I'm thinking as long as I apply some clear coat to the rough spot no one will ever even know there's an imperfection. Would anyone have a recommendation on what product I should use to apply a coat?

#260 5 years ago

I would keep it easy.

5B529F18-63A4-4D53-BE47-B2765B93C061 (resized).jpeg5B529F18-63A4-4D53-BE47-B2765B93C061 (resized).jpeg

#261 5 years ago

I think I found Nellie a friend ...

B73ECA27-20C4-42A9-9BE2-4278A4A19EB0 (resized).jpegB73ECA27-20C4-42A9-9BE2-4278A4A19EB0 (resized).jpeg

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I think I found Nellie a friend ...

Very nice!

#263 5 years ago

Stupid question time: What is the story with this image? Is it a print I can buy somewhere? I think I would like to get a copy of it for my gameroom. Its kind of small pixel size though so it gets pretty blurry fast when I tried to print one out myself. Thanks in advance!

6f7d7ca9e0a1d2dbd38e2017eb66910ce3b80d8e (resized).jpg6f7d7ca9e0a1d2dbd38e2017eb66910ce3b80d8e (resized).jpg
#264 5 years ago

I think we ALL would like that print. I will look around too!
DennisNordman
It might be Dennis's truck?

#265 5 years ago

If its not copyright/already produced somewhere, I bet I could get the local print store here to print out sizes as needed if I could get the original creators permission of course if needed for Pinsiders.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Stupid question time: What is the story with this image? Is it a print I can buy somewhere? I think I would like to get a copy of it for my gameroom. Its kind of small pixel size though so it gets pretty blurry fast when I tried to print one out myself. Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

This was a promotional piece done when the original Whoa Nelly's were made by Dennis and Greg. Charlie Emery was also involved. No idea if any are still left or if anyone has interest in remaking them. You'd want to contact any of those involved.

#267 5 years ago

Oh good to know. Ive been searching unsuccessfully for days to find any information about it. Now I know what to actually search for

#268 5 years ago

Free set of PinFoots to the first person to tell me who the girl in the pic is.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Jessica Rowe

LTG : )

#271 5 years ago

Jessica did the voice in Whoa Nellie. I want to know who the girl is in the promotional picture. It's not Jessica.

#273 5 years ago

I messaged both Stern and Whizbang hoping to find the answer myself. Also tried to score some fat loots in the form of a cardboard standup or professional photo in the process as well. No luck so far... Just saying someone needs to make these prints professionally! So much potential for game room swag.

DSC_0341 (resized).JPGDSC_0341 (resized).JPG
#274 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

I messaged both Stern and Whizbang

You didn't contact Dennis or Greg ?

#275 5 years ago

Maybe I got confused? I tried the WNBJM Facebook page. I thought that was Whizbang?

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Maybe I got confused? I tried the WNBJM Facebook page. I thought that was Whizbang?

They have individual Facebook pages. They have email. They have phone numbers. They have houses.

#278 5 years ago

Now I feel really dumb... Thanks for rubbing it in guys! Just kidding. On a related note, I did just get a response from the Facebook page. Looks like I have successfully resurrected WNBJM madness because of the Saratoga show ha!

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Cassandra with a wig?

#280 5 years ago

I was thinking more like Phoebe with a wig. (:

Pheobe (resized).jpgPheobe (resized).jpg

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I was thinking more like Phoebe with a wig. (:
[quoted image]

Nope nope and nope.

#282 5 years ago

I believe THE KORN took these pictures. The Girl In the Picture is a friend of KT and Charlie.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

[quoted image]

I'm the original photographer. The truck was Greg's... neighbor? Friend? (Both?) If I remember correctly it was Greg's truck at one time but at the time of the photo shoot it wasn't and we were just borrowing the truck for the day.

If people are really interested in a copy of this shot, I still have the original files so could get a bunch printed. There's enough resolution in the originals that they look good all the way up to and including poster size (I have some from the original print run)... but I don't believe I have the rights to do so at this point. If enough people are interested, I can see if WhizBang, Inc. is interested in going down this road.

Model's name is Erin... not sure if she wants to be known for this or not so just leaving it at Erin.

Just for giggles, here's the original, non-photoshopped version of that shot. There's 12 differences between this shot and the one that we printed if you're bored. (The license plate is one, which I nuked because, well... that's just good form not to show anyone's real license plate.)

Thanks MRG for the tip off!

_DSC2425 (resized).jpg_DSC2425 (resized).jpg
#284 5 years ago

If you can print them out at larger than 11x17 inches, you can officially put me down for a big one!

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

If you can print them out at larger than 11x17 inches, you can officially put me down for a big one!

Me 2

#286 5 years ago

Fyi, Greg Freris and Paul Faris are different people.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

2' x 3' (I'll have to check the original dimensions to see if that's appropriate) are reasonably easy to get done. After that things get STUPID expensive to print w/ quality.

#288 5 years ago

It's kind of amusing that the picture "appears" to have been taken during the late fall in New England, however, they are hocking watermelons (which neither grow that far up north, or that late in season) from a truck with FL tags.

Not downplaying the print, just being a little snarky.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Model's name is Erin... not sure if she wants to be known for this or not so just leaving it at Erin.
[quoted image]

I was waiting for someone from the original photo shoot to chime in, Korn. Free set of Foots are yours. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send them out!

#290 5 years ago

24" x 36" sounds perfect TheKorn. I have a Jack-Bot and BoP poster that size as well. I think this is going to work out just fine.

#291 5 years ago

Every time I enlarge, the icon turns to a grabbing hand, and gets stuck on the melons!

#292 5 years ago

I will be happy with ANY size please.

#293 5 years ago

I'd be really keen for a print too!

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Fyi, Greg Freris and Paul Faris are different people.

I was referring to Nordman.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

If enough people are interested, I can see if WhizBang, Inc. is interested in going down this road.

Vince, contact Greg. We'd be happy to work out a deal with you.

#297 5 years ago

I'll take one , please let us know . thanks Mike

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Vince, contact Greg. We'd be happy to work out a deal with you.

Already have an email in to him.

#299 5 years ago

I think that's what, 5 different people already? Sounds like its time for some big juicy melons!

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Already have an email in to him.

Please post here with any updates if you can. I think many Nellie fans hang out around here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-club-all-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.