(Topic ID: 152655)

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Club - all welcome!

By RobertWinter

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 492 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by oldskool1969
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 125 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200216_080614 (resized).jpg
20200216_080425 (resized).jpg
20200216_080451 (resized).jpg
shake.gif
DSC00658 (resized).JPG
BA1C66D2-CCD6-4458-85D6-2BC413A3E542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpeg
20191028_154405 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
D769D196-883C-471A-8B02-3EB9E6FAC037 (resized).jpeg
20190928_120143 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190920_170629 (resized).jpg
8E789444-3C52-4D77-886F-2763F78C7D88 (resized).jpeg
WNBJM voices Rod Olsen Jerry Thompson (resized).jpg
ALL 3 code (resized).jpg

There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Airline Ticket Seat?
That would be a photo!

Sheeesh.

Well, Bryan if you ever come up with a reasonable way and want to ship, please LMk. Thanks!

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

Sheeesh.
Well, Bryan if you ever come up with a reasonable way and want to ship, please LMk. Thanks!

Folded up, fits in a nice big flat cardboard box.
Like a nice Bryan Kelly playfield restoration box. Just sayin...

1 month later
#203 1 year ago

Just lookin' around to see who still had WNBJM machines still for sale.
Spotted it on Marco for $9999.00!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-55D7-01

Is it finally catching on how much fun this game is?? (:

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Just lookin' around to see who still had WNBJM machines still for sale.
Spotted it on Marco for $9999.00!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-55D7-01
Is it finally catching on how much fun this game is?? (:

Have knocked back some very high offers due to its uniqueness, collectability and limited quantity.
upwards of AUD$13k.
Truly a LE model.

#205 1 year ago

Wow! They’ve shot up in price!

#206 1 year ago

Is there a ballpark consensus on how many were made? Maybe 200-300?

I've always felt this pin was special. Such a departure for Stern. The workmanship on the distressed wood cabinet is top notch. Gorgeous silkscreen backglass. Great art & sound package. Great theme for melon-lovers. No doubt the coolest and best-looking pin I own.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Is there a ballpark consensus on how many were made? Maybe 200-300?

I would think no more than possibly 100?
Very few people on Pinside seem to own one.

#208 1 year ago

I do and love it !!!

#209 1 year ago

3 years now, and the game I turn on most for 15 minutes of Smiles and Fun!

The callouts and music never get old, and the goals are challenging enough to keep me busy!

Id keep an eye out for low priced ones now, maybe second or 3rd owner.....

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

3 years now, and the game I turn on most for 15 minutes of Smiles and Fun!
The callouts and music never get old, and the goals are challenging enough to keep me busy!

I may just have to get up out of bed and go play a game.

#211 1 year ago

"Like fly poop in the pepper"
MELLUNS!

#212 1 year ago

Be a little slow startin' the game...
"When's the party start?"

#213 1 year ago

Any vendors still have a NIB WNBJM and deserve my money? Near msrp and not 10k by Christmas of course.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Any vendors still have a NIB WNBJM and deserve my money? Near msrp and not 10k by Christmas of course.

Marco claims they are the only one with NIB left, but I doubt they'll be cheap.

#215 1 year ago

Yeah I saw. I don't think I even want to bother calling them when on the website it is listed for 9999.99. I called another place with a "floor model" asking for a few pics and if any warranty would still apply. Never heard back.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Marco claims they are the only one with NIB left, but I doubt they'll be cheap.

Marco is great to deal with for shipping games. Not the cheapest but honest in what they have. I bought my second NIB LOTR from them way after they were out of stock most everywhere else.

#217 1 year ago

I buy a lot of parts from Marco as well. I just don't think I would like WNBJM for $10,000. For that price (no offense to the club) Ill go TOTAN or MMR.

#218 1 year ago

For everyone with the watermelon shooter rod (the one that's the full melon) - this might sound like I'm making a dumb joke, but should the knob feel sticky or should it be smooth to the touch like any other shooter knob? I have one of these and it almost feels like the palm of my hand should be green after touching it. I'm thinking about reapplying the paint job or buying another one.

#219 1 year ago

Smooth and clean.
It is possible someone removed a clear finishing coat?
Id remove, clean, and coat.
But Id also wait for other opinions too.

#220 1 year ago

I only got a half melon. But it's definitely not sticky. (:

Nellie (resized).jpg

#221 1 year ago

So many double entendres I could use right now re; sticky and knob!

MELLUNS!

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It is possible someone removed a clear finishing coat?

My thinking is while the machine was wrapped in a furniture blanket in a hot delivery truck, it somehow absorbed the clear coat off the knob. (The knob was actually covered in the fuzz from the blanket when it first arrived.) I cleaned it up and have had it for a couple of months now, but it always felt weird to me so I just wanted to be sure it wasn't supposed to be like that. My advice to anyone shipping this pin with a watermelon shooter - wrap the knob in a plastic bag to protect it. (EDIT: Oh boy. Reading that out loud sure sounds bad.)

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

My thinking is while the machine was wrapped in a furniture blanket in a hot delivery truck, it somehow absorbed the clear coat off the knob. (The knob was actually covered in the fuzz from the blanket when it first arrived.) I cleaned it up and have had it for a couple of months now, but it always felt weird to me so I just wanted to be sure it wasn't supposed to be like that. My advice to anyone shipping this pin with a watermelon shooter - wrap the knob in a plastic bag to protect it. (EDIT: Oh boy. Reading that out loud sure sounds bad.)

Mine was/is like that as well. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be like that, but it is.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

My advice to anyone shipping this pin with a watermelon shooter - wrap the knob in a plastic bag to protect it.

I think you should just go ahead and say to "put a rubber on the shooter". Would be game appropriate.

#225 1 year ago

Latest news is that even Batman loves melons!
Now loving girls and not Robin.

20180803_172638_resized (resized).jpg
#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I think you should just go ahead and say to "put a rubber on the shooter". Would be game appropriate.

Yes, as I reread my advice "wrap the knob in plastic to protect it" - I imagined Mr. Furley walking in just as he hears Jack and Chrissy saying this from the bedroom and then he starts to freak out.

#227 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure WNBJM will soon become the most collectible pin in my collection. It's already the rarest, best-looking and most unique. Won't be long before others realize the same.

#228 1 year ago

Hi there guys.
We got our WNBJM NIB back in May 2016 to become the third of only 3 machines that made it to Australia - 2 of which are here in West Aussie (oldskool1969 has the other). Great machine and is not going to leave our collection anytime soon. HS of 5105 on 3 ball with no ball save.
Picked up a Batman toy for a mate the other day and had some fun with the camera - oldskool1969 has already posted one image.

20170828_142058_resized (resized).jpg20180803_171852_resized (resized).jpg
#229 1 year ago
Batman beer (resized).jpgBatman with Gene head (resized).jpg
#230 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP66:

Hi there guys.
We got our WNBJM NIB back in May 2016 to become the third of only 3 machines that made it to Australia - 2 of which are here in West Aussie (oldskool1969 has the other). Great machine and is not going to leave our collection anytime soon. HS of 5105 on 3 ball with no ball save.
Picked up a Batman toy for a mate the other day and had some fun with the camera - oldskool1969 has already posted one image.

There must be 4 in Australia then. I have one here in Sydney, and there's one up in the Timezone in QLD. Either way, you don't see them very often!

#231 1 year ago

We are 4 then of the lucky few.
Is the sited one in QLD on the crate? Wonder how much it earns as it was the highest earner in USA for quite a while.
On Pinball Owners .com last count was 17, surely there are more than that globally.
This title is a TRUE limited edition and very, VERY special.

HONEYDEW WHAT?

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

We are 4 then of the lucky few.
Is the sited one in QLD on the crate? Wonder how much it earns as it was the highest earner in USA for quite a while.
On Pinball Owners .com last count was 17, surely there are more than that globally.
This title is a TRUE limited edition and very, VERY special.
HONEYDEW WHAT?

Yeah I believe it is on the crate. There's no other way to play the game in my opinion. Such a unique package.

#233 1 year ago

That deep voice heard sometimes at the start is creepy yet inviting... It's the conundrum of Whoa Nellie..

"Com'on in.."

#234 1 year ago

I always wanted to see how it was to turn over the score. Just not this way..

#235 1 year ago

So I took a little trip today up to the Saratoga pinball show. A little something followed me home. Do I get to keep it?

DSC_0303 (resized).JPGDSC_0304 (resized).JPGDSC_0305 (resized).JPG
#237 1 year ago

Open her up and smell that woody goodness!

MELLUNS!

#238 1 year ago

Is there any correlation to the serial number range and machines sold?

Post your serial number!

IMG_3403 (resized).jpeg

#239 1 year ago

So my game room is under renovations as we speak. On Tuesday the spray foam crew comes in and then its sheetrock time. I am going to do my darnedest not to open the box until construction is over just in case. Any ideas if a NIB WNBJM will have the beer cans inside it? Or was that a aftermarket/promo piece like the cardboard standup of Melony Mellon (which I would love to somehow get my hands on one now as well)

#240 1 year ago

It should have the beer cans for the crate to simulate sitting on them.
I got the single uncrushed beer can when I received a Nellie crate parts upgrade back with the early productions. I don't if that one is a standard inclusion or not.

#241 1 year ago

#238 Oh my god, the paper is ripped and the screws chewed the wood WARRANTY!
this is my serial number for Aus

#239 there should be a can inside if later model. Early built models like mine and fulltilt had to get a seperate goody package as they were missed. Should also be a little plastic Melony and a Buck Off key chain.

ser - 1 (resized).jpg
#242 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Oh my god, the paper is ripped and the screws chewed the wood WARRANTY!

I'd call Stern support and have them rectify those issues. (:

#243 1 year ago

I found the plastic Melony and buck off right on top with the instructions. I guess Ill have to dig a bit deeper to find the rest of my loot here in a few days!

#244 1 year ago

My S/N for Australian delivered machine

IMGP2652 (resized).JPG
#245 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

So I took a little trip today up to the Saratoga pinball show. A little something followed me home. Do I get to keep it?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow NIB I thought Marco where boasting about having the only one left, nice find and congrates on the new addition.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow NIB I thought Marco where boasting about having the only one left, nice find and congrates on the new addition.

Yeah thanks. I saved almost 50% of what they were asking as well. Gotta give credit to Pinside for this find.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Yeah thanks. I saved almost 50% of what they were asking as well. Gotta give credit to Pinside for this find.

I always find Marco to be overpriced on most things, Pinballlife is my go to supplier for parts, even try Stern direct occasionally before I go to Marco.

Congrates again on the find and double congrates on the price

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pinballlife is my go to supplier for parts

Sadly Pinballlife no longer has their Whizbang store. ...

#249 1 year ago

Just got off the phone with Chas at Stern. They are raiding the warehouse looking for any WNBJM swag hidden away still. They also are more than willing to help me out if/when I open the machine if there is any issues anywhere. That is pretty impressive customer service if you ask me.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Just got off the phone with Chas at Stern. They are raiding the warehouse looking for any WNBJM swag hidden away still.

Sweet. So you’re keeping it. Good move! (:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Lighting - Led
Pinshakers
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside