(Topic ID: 152655)

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Club - all welcome!

By RobertWinter

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 492 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by oldskool1969
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 125 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200216_080614 (resized).jpg
20200216_080425 (resized).jpg
20200216_080451 (resized).jpg
shake.gif
DSC00658 (resized).JPG
BA1C66D2-CCD6-4458-85D6-2BC413A3E542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpeg
20191028_154405 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
D769D196-883C-471A-8B02-3EB9E6FAC037 (resized).jpeg
20190928_120143 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190920_170629 (resized).jpg
8E789444-3C52-4D77-886F-2763F78C7D88 (resized).jpeg
WNBJM voices Rod Olsen Jerry Thompson (resized).jpg
ALL 3 code (resized).jpg

There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

If you are ever coming over to Belgium, I have one. It's about 600 km from Leicester

I cycled from France to Switzerland over a week during the Tour de France, so there is every chance I might drop by and take you up on that offer

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I cycled from France to Switzerland over a week during the Tour de France, so there is every chance I might drop by and take you up on that offer

Did you get the yellow jersey?

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Did you get the yellow jersey?

We didn't do jerseys but as abit of a motivater and joke between the 10 of us that went we brought jersey related socks with abit of a twist on the traditional use for them

Yellow socks for guy taking the lead the most the previous day

Green socks for guy taking on the descents the fastest (and wow are there some amazing descents in France and Switzerland - couple of very close calls)

Polka Dot socks for best daily climber (gotto get to the top of those amazing descents)

White socks for best old timer/rider - there was only 3 of us under 35 so these bad boys where in high demand.

One of the best non Pinball related things I've done although I did manage to find a couple pins during our road trip, one pin oddly enough at the top of Alpe d'Huez

#104 3 years ago

Sounds like you had fun! Good for you

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Sounds like you had fun! Good for you

Yeah we are going out there again next year while the tour is on, take in some different routes and climbs, while catching the tour along the way and finish in Paris again, relax for a day while watchinv the tour finish there, recommend it to anyone.

Without derailing the thread too much are you a road biker? I imagine it's fairly flat (best kind of roads to ride) in Florida?

Anyway back to BIG Juicy Melons!

1 week later
#106 3 years ago

I've never made it to number 3.... Thump'in time!

Thump'in 1

Thump'in 2

#107 3 years ago

I am not watching it, but you lucky bastard! Clocked her yet?

2 weeks later
#108 3 years ago

I thought I clocked it the other day - I was on around 9900 something, and I'm SURE I saw it go over 9990 and it tick over... But then when I looked up again when my ball drained my final score was 9978. I don't know if something weird happened but that is the recorded final score... A little disappointed!

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

#109 3 years ago

We got ours last summer. And the delivery guy helped set it up.

FB_IMG_1483568069169 (resized).jpg

#110 3 years ago

Nice Pic!

Still having as much Fun on this as Ever!

Never gets old, good for 15 minutes of smiles!

Not a battle, just the best of 30 years in 1 game!!!
(1930-1960) (IMO)

Who knows, Dennis or Greg may come to deliver, have dinner, and stay a few weeks!

#111 3 years ago

It's a good time when Dennis comes over. We grill some spam and talk pinball.

#112 3 years ago

...never had Grilled Spam before!

then again, never had Dennis over.......

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doesn't seem to be any owned in the UK (could easily just not have updated their collection) which sucks because I would love to see one in person and play a few games on one. Anyone from the UK browse this thread own or know of any UK based WNBJM?

I have one. Love the game! Think 3 came over. I have one, heighway pinball has one and the other was last seen in electrocoins shop window. Met Dennis and Greg at expo, great guys. Looking forward to next whizzbang project.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I've never made it to number 3.... Thump'in time!
Thump'in 1
» YouTube video
Thump'in 2
» YouTube video

Interesting hearing the callouts on that 2nd Thumpin' Time, because when I got the 2nd it was a different set of callouts (not used anywhere else in the game either, like these). I wonder how many there are!

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Mooseman:

I have one. Love the game! Think 3 came over. I have one, heighway pinball has one and the other was last seen in electrocoins shop window. Met Dennis and Greg at expo, great guys. Looking forward to next whizzbang project.

Awesome I didn't know of any so 3 is more than I originally thought but still it must be one of the rarer games here in the UK. I have been looking at buying one for some time but it's one of those games I really want to play first before buying.

2 weeks later
#116 3 years ago

For any Whoa Nellie owners interested in seeing gameplay of its re-themed version - The Pabst Can Crusher - in a home environment, I just posted video links for mine in action here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-the-pabst-can-crusher/page/7#post-3560577

3 weeks later
#117 3 years ago

I have one thing and one thing only to say.
This is a absolute keeper of a game, no moaning saying code will fix it or it looks like "---" It is pure, simple, aesthetic and most of all addictively FUN.
For us lucky enough to own, go play her now!

#118 3 years ago

its what, almost 2 years owning...???

Never boring, Always a smile, and 1 more game fun!

Id call Whoa Nellie the Epiphany Of Pinball!

A game that makes everyone Happy to Play!

#119 3 years ago

One of the things I love about it: our guests have no problem figuring this game out. And, despite the simplicity, it is still fun.

#120 3 years ago

I'm right with you brothers - so much fun!

Except for one minor detail: drop the politically incorrect big breasted women and hillbillies and come to the dark side of hipster beer and Pacific NW metal music - IT'S CAN CRUSHIN' TIME!!!

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

drop the politically incorrect big breasted women and hillbillies

lol no

#122 3 years ago

I love the game, my only complaint so far is I absolutely hate the cheesy radio DJ VO. It would be great if there was an option to turn that off but still hear the music, melonie, sfx and the faux chimes.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm right with you brothers - so much fun!
Except for one minor detail: drop the politically incorrect big breasted women and hillbillies and come to the dark side of hipster beer and Pacific NW metal music - IT'S CAN CRUSHIN' TIME!!!

Screw political correctness. Whoa Nellie rules!

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Screw political correctness. Whoa Nellie rules!

Just giving you guys a friendly hard time; Whoa Nellie has a lot going for it!

1 month later
#125 3 years ago

its a gobble beer, session.
Best game ever!

1 (resized).jpg

#126 3 years ago

Got in an hour last night....As much fun as day 1!

Its so simple, so fun...its a great break from the intensity of my others!

3 months later
#127 2 years ago

Not only did 2 of these amazing machines make it to the most remote capital city in the world, 2 signed standees also come along for the ride. MELONS

1 (1) (resized).jpg

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Not only did 2 of these amazing machines make it to the most remote capital city in the world, 2 signed standees also come along for the ride. MELONS

I still kick myself for not buying the standees when they were forever on Pinball Life. What the F was I waiting for...

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I still kick myself for not buying the standees when they were forever on Pinball Life. What the F was I waiting for...

Ask Stern, they may have a couple in their shop?

#130 2 years ago

Ask Stern, they may have a couple in their shop?

It's worth a try! I even asked Dennis a while back but no luck....

#131 2 years ago

Love mine. It is not going anywhere, anytime soon. I wish I would have gotten one of those standees as well. DOH!

1 month later
#132 2 years ago

All me mates are lining up to cop a feel of Melony now. My Pommy mate Paul is very happy.

melony pom (resized).jpg

1 month later
#133 2 years ago

Sadly I have left this club. Was fun while it lasted.

#134 2 years ago

Did you ever clock her or beat the 3rd mode? Hope you got a good price for it.

#135 2 years ago

Did you ever clock her or beat the 3rd mode? Hope you got a good price for it.

Has anyone honestly beaten the third mode?

1 week later
#136 2 years ago

Hi All,
I'm new to Pinside and I also own the Whoa Nellie machine. It's awesome! My question is how do I get the knocker sound working? It tests fine but I am just not sure how to set it to activate it and get it going during game play. The machine is set to free play. I also changed it to Replays/Free Game instead of Extra Ball. Any ideas?

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from CostenM:

Hi All,
I'm new to Pinside and I also own the Whoa Nellie machine. It's awesome! My question is how do I get the knocker sound working?
... Any ideas?

Win a free game? (:

1 month later
#138 2 years ago

Finally convinced Melony to come over and play a few games.
(thank you Pinball Life!)

IMG_1614.JPG (resized).jpeg

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Sadly I have left this club. Was fun while it lasted.

Thanks again for getting me back in the club! I should have never sold my first one. Absolutely love this pin.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from CostenM:

Hi All,
I'm new to Pinside and I also own the Whoa Nellie machine. It's awesome! My question is how do I get the knocker sound working? It tests fine but I am just not sure how to set it to activate it and get it going during game play. The machine is set to free play. I also changed it to Replays/Free Game instead of Extra Ball. Any ideas?

This game should have had a set of knockers.

#141 2 years ago

I could never think of selling this game....!
There is nothing like it, and I always have a smile after playing.

One of the best games for the mind and soul, as far as Pinball Time Goes...

2 weeks later
#142 2 years ago

Only 4 in the uk. Very happy with my purchase. In fact it’s better than I expected and really well made for a Stern. It’s a nice change of gameplay to my other pins. It defo has that just one more game.
Joins my Scared Stiff and Party Zone..Well done Dennis and Greg. Can we please have another update. More tunes and call outs and maybe a family mode too..

1 week later
#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Only 4 in the uk. Very happy with my purchase. In fact it’s better than I expected and really well made for a Stern. It’s a nice change of gameplay to my other pins. It defo has that just one more game.
Joins my Scared Stiff and Party Zone..Well done Dennis and Greg. Can we please have another update. More tunes and call outs and maybe a family mode too..

This is quite simply a VERY unique game that if you on sell it, you will regret it! Aint nuthin like it.
Congrats. MELLUNS!

#144 2 years ago

Had some non pinball guests over last night...finally set up some games...Whoa Nellie was the only one they wanted to play!

Had a Blast!

2 weeks later
#145 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a watermelon shooter like the one above? I have an extra from back in '15.

#146 2 years ago

Looks like I'm joining the club !!! Hopefully everything works out this week . This is the one pinball my wife fell in love with the look and design , so I'm buying it for her anniversary present . Already picked up the watermelon rod , nownwhat else is a must do ?

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Looks like I'm joining the club !!! Hopefully everything works out this week . This is the one pinball my wife fell in love with the look and design , so I'm buying it for her anniversary present . Already picked up the watermelon rod , nownwhat else is a must do ?

- Update to the latest software.
- Get the fluorescent plastic protector set. Save your gobble hole plastic from getting nicked up.
https://laseriffic.myshopify.com/collections/plastic-protectors/products/whoa-nellie-fluorescent-plastic-protector-set?variant=41072257166

#148 2 years ago

ok I just got my game and the wife loved it ! unfortunately I went to sterns site and downloaded the lastest code and now the game wont play at all . every button I hit in the coin door makes a pooping sound almost like a reboot ? What the hell . Does anyone have a code that works or knows what is going on?

#149 2 years ago

Try again but make sure you format the USB stick and only have the game code on it.Nothing else.
Thats as far as I can help?good luck Dude

#150 2 years ago

As Oldskool mentioned. Windows format the USB. (I never could get Mac to work with it).
Follow the readme file on updating. It should work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,599.00
$ 219.00
$ 17.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside