(Topic ID: 152655)

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Club - all welcome!

By RobertWinter

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8446 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230524_134726957 (resized).jpg
A01EB8B5-A6D9-4AA4-8A1E-A30BACEEC089 (resized).jpeg
BED7E070-11EE-4563-99A3-25E2386D4C9F_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
50031728-00E2-479E-B413-2823381B32E3_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
318A6306-FD0B-4F4E-B83C-69764CE1FF66_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
5FC8DBB6-1E69-4596-BFA3-0D2F804743E6 (resized).jpeg
FADB281D-FEAE-4917-B080-6E119E126559 (resized).jpeg
7E0A86DF-3E6F-4C2F-9763-A8632CE60372 (resized).jpeg
694D5437-002E-4BAE-AA6D-BA077D31A58F (resized).jpeg
20221016_113449 (resized).jpg
20221016_113524 (resized).jpg
BC01B47B-561E-4016-B6EB-C0A6590CB65B (resized).jpeg
1B8DA88B-077B-40D1-A680-C9AB95CD799D (resized).jpeg
1F1D1824-4F78-4213-A56D-886D23884108 (resized).jpeg
DE0D411D-F5B4-4CFF-810F-2F604B60A126 (resized).jpeg
There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 8 years ago

Just picked up this beauty a few weeks ago. Refitted her with color-coordinated Titan rings and some PDI glass. What a fun little game.

Share your playing tips, mods, etc. My high score is only about 3500 at the moment. This game can be BRUTAL but fun!

IMG_7095.JPGIMG_7095.JPG

IMG_7098.JPGIMG_7098.JPG

IMG_7096.JPGIMG_7096.JPG

IMG_7099.JPGIMG_7099.JPG

IMG_7097.JPGIMG_7097.JPG

IMG_7100.JPGIMG_7100.JPG

IMG_7090.JPGIMG_7090.JPG

IMG_7101.JPGIMG_7101.JPG

#2 8 years ago

In! Love mine. I recommend the laseriffic plastic protectors. They really glow.

Where did you get the mellon shooter rod?

#3 8 years ago

Melons ordered... incoming!

#4 8 years ago

Love them little flippers.

#5 8 years ago

Just squeezed some Melons here!

Always a Fun Game.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Ive seen the shooter rod on Stern's website

#7 8 years ago

I hope one of these is brought to TPF. Would love to get some time on one!

#8 8 years ago

It had the protectors on there when I got it. I didn't like how they colorized the plastics so I took them off.

The shooter rod came with mine and they are available from Stern for $70.

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=5243756

#9 8 years ago

Just set mine up tonight - love it. Getting up early tomorrow to put the watermelon crate together. Love the shooter rod...

#10 8 years ago

Love mine, super fun game. Just above 7K is my nest score so far.

#11 8 years ago

Who else enjoys WDD Radio?

#12 8 years ago

Come on In!

best club and game EVER!
here is a pic of the plastic protectors from Laseriffic and also my tribute to the wood rail era ( cigarette holder )

Hey city boy, let's see what you do.

DSCN1505_(resized).JPGDSCN1505_(resized).JPG

DSCN1449_(resized).jpgDSCN1449_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago

I bought mine used, and didnt have an award card.

Not sure size is right, and cant check for a week, but wanted to share....

Whoa_Nellie_CARD_(resized).jpgWhoa_Nellie_CARD_(resized).jpg

#14 8 years ago

I love those Free Play cards! I knew mine was missing something. Oldskool, where did you get yours?

BTW, I added ring kits to the Titan Pinball site if anyone is interested. Both the standard white/black kit and the color-coordinated I have on mine.

#15 8 years ago

Has anyone successfully installed chimes? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brian

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks.
Brian

Yes. We'll see if he chimes in here.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I think bells would be more appropriate for this game. Chimes are sooo.. 70s.

#18 8 years ago

I don't really know the difference. I'm not an EM guy. I just think the retro sound would be perfect. And it is already in the software.

#19 8 years ago

Bells sound much better, believe me. And they are available from PBresource except for the 5 inch one.

#20 8 years ago

Are they a full assembly? Will the work with the 48 volt Spike system or do you swap out the coils?

#21 8 years ago

They sell a whole assembly for ones and tens bells and will put in whatever coil for whatever voltage you need. You may need a diode on the coil though. The big bell is out of stock.

http://www.pbresource.com/bells.html

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I love those Free Play cards! I knew mine was missing something. Oldskool, where did you get yours?
BTW, I added ring kits to the Titan Pinball site if anyone is interested. Both the standard white/black kit and the color-coordinated I have on mine.

I made mine up, you want a copy? here ya go.

NELLIE_(resized).jpgNELLIE_(resized).jpg

#23 8 years ago

Count me as a WNBJM fan!

I've searched for months for an EM that would capture some of the fun of WNBJM, with theme/art I enjoy with no success at all. It is tough to find anything else that'll scratch the WNBJM itch.

One issue I've found on a few different machines is the pop bumper/rubber infinite rebound loop. I'm sure it is easy to adjust out at home, but it is a bit of a drag on location where it'll either roll the score if you let it keep going, or you have to nudge it out of the loop. I suspect routed games are going to have a whole lot of wear right there.

#24 8 years ago

Very easy fix and no cost!

wnbjm_bumper_fix_(resized).jpgwnbjm_bumper_fix_(resized).jpg

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I made mine up, you want a copy? here ya go.

Thanks!

#26 8 years ago

I'm in! Great idea for the club..!

Got mine back in April 2015. It was still nice and warm from the Stern assembly line
Finally got the crate set up a few months ago.

Also had the pleasure of meeting Greg at the EPC in Belgium and it was great to talk to him about this project. My wife and I (and even my 2-year old daughter) love this pin and we're happy to have it.

Next time I service it, I'll put on the color matched silicone rings from Titan (Thanks for putting the kit in the database Robert)!

I REALLY would love to get some real bells in this thing (I live in Switzerland now and we have some serious cow bells around here...)

Have fun everyone!

WN_3_(resized).jpgWN_3_(resized).jpg

WN_2_(resized).jpgWN_2_(resized).jpg

WN_1_(resized).jpgWN_1_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

I REALLY would love to get some real bells in this thing (I live in Switzerland now and we have some serious cow bells around here...)

You could get the two from PBResource and use a cowbell for the third. That is what I would do.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You could get the two from PBResource and use a cowbell for the third. That is what I would do.

Do the two bells (black vs. plated) sound different from each other? They are the same size.

What is common for games that used bells? Did they normally have only one bell or more?

#30 8 years ago

Thanks for the idea o-din, I was thinking of using a cow bell to replace any cow bell sounds in the game, and regular bells every time a switch it activated on the playfield. I guess there is code that activates the bell actuators at the appropriate time? In the style of a 3-chime array in the EM games?

Would love to put something in, like the one in the picture. They do make smaller versions. In case anyone is wondering, traditional parade where cows are decorated at the change of the season when they all come down from the grazing in the Alps.

swiss_cows_(resized).jpgswiss_cows_(resized).jpg

#31 8 years ago

Got my Stern melon shooter knob and unfortunately it's not pretty. Finish sucks. Paint job sucks. It's kind of lumpy, not a smooth oval. I bought it through a distributor and have requested a refund, or an exchange for a good one. 1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago

Damn, you got Lumpy Melons!

#33 8 years ago

WOW I could have done better than that! For the $ spent you definitely should expect better. Hope it all works out for you.

#34 8 years ago

Damn that shooter rod looks like it was made with playdoh and color with crayons

#35 8 years ago

Ok Whoa Nellie collectors , love the game but is there any truth to whiz bang making a second game ? I thought I read sometime ago they were going to do a series of games ?

#36 8 years ago

Yep, both of them said this some while back. It was confirmed on Facebook by them somewhere?
I hope it is as cool as WNBJM and some original, funny theme again.

#37 8 years ago

I played this at TPF last year and loved it. They told me the games at the show were actually prototypes and not production games. I notice in the pictures that the cabinet appears light grey and the backbox and lower crate look stained brown. It that just a photo effect or are they really different shades?

#38 8 years ago

Different woods, makes it more unique as it meant to represent the building with various fruit crates. Love it. Here is my girl in her hole.

DSCN1397_(resized).JPGDSCN1397_(resized).JPG

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ok Whoa Nellie collectors , love the game but is there any truth to whiz bang making a second game ? I thought I read sometime ago they were going to do a series of games ?
series of games?..this photo is a few months old now..its a bad photo i sneak out of dennis nordmans shop..im afraid to say but i think this pinball design guru has been bitten bad by the"i want to drive my street rod by spring" bug..he has been working on his ride almost non stop since last summer.this photo does not due justice to his work as he install new front end,finished engine install,steering,etc etc...he borrowed my hoist and when i asked him about new pinball machine in design stage he said" yes when i get back from napa"...i will sneak out better photo of his finished work soon.

DSC00350_(resized).JPGDSC00350_(resized).JPG
DSC00354_(resized).JPGDSC00354_(resized).JPG

#40 8 years ago

Ok 57 panel ?. What's this got to do with my question

#41 8 years ago

no its a 52...was hoping to help out with answer if they are working on series of games..i think just working on this truck.

#42 8 years ago

Isn't that truck pictured in the White Water backglass?

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Isn't that truck pictured in the White Water backglass?

yes it is..i was just told that a couple of weeks ago.photos don't do this truck any justice..no rust even on the underside.its gonna be his custom pin hauler..im sure dennis and greg are working on machines I just thought I would throw these photos and info out there for fun..here is photo of whoa Nellie game at our arcade.no 1 game played after the party really start.

DSC00042_(resized).JPGDSC00042_(resized).JPG

#44 8 years ago

Another run of WNBJM on Stern production.
More happy campers soon.

#45 8 years ago

Rejoining the club! My game ships Monday from Stern! Very jacked up!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Rejoining the club! My game ships Monday from Stern! Very jacked up!

Congrats and wise decision! There's truly nothing else like it. It is hands-down the best-looking, most unique, sexiest pin I've ever owned. And if that weren't enough it's also really fun, funny, challenging and has a great soundtrack. Total package.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Rejoining the club

Re-joining? You had one, sold it, now getting another?

Welcome! I like this thread, nice to see a the melonheads coming together. I really have to start doing my homework on getting a huge cow bell into this machine...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Re-joining? You had one, sold it, now getting another?
Welcome! I like this thread, nice to see a the melonheads coming together. I really have to start doing my homework on getting a huge cow bell into this machine...

I did. In a temporary moment of insanity I offered to sell it to a good friend, so at least it went to a good home. I regretted selling it before he even came to pick it up, but I'm a man of my word I loved this game before I ever had it from just seeing it at MGC and absolutely loved having it in the collection, so I can't wait to get it back next week. Have the melon plunger & plastic protector set waiting for it!

#50 8 years ago

Got my Stern melon shooter knob and unfortunately it's not pretty. Finish sucks. Paint job sucks. It's kind of lumpy, not a smooth oval. I bought it through a distributor and have requested a refund, or an exchange for a good one. 1_(resized).jpg
2_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

Situation update. Stern is sending a replacement free of charge, with a return label for the crappy one. Hopefully the replacement is nicer. Will update once it arrives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-club-all-welcome/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.