10373828_763121840387277_8415329380524411331_n.jpg
10830915_876349075731219_6372764619672715968_o.jpg
screen-capture-10.png
Image 5.jpg
Image 13.jpg
Image 7.jpg
Image 8.jpg
Image 22.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Any news on Whoa Nellie

#3 9 years ago

I was hoping they might ad drop targets ? A little more to the playfield

2 weeks later
#4 9 years ago

I believe what I've been told was a rumour? : )

#5 9 years ago

6500 : o
Bwahahahaha good luck!

#6 9 years ago

yeah its a cool looking machine but 6500 is bonkers!

#7 9 years ago

I'd consider one at 1/2 that price

#8 9 years ago

Any chance it will have the crate to set it on instead of legs ? And yes it will need drop targets at that price !

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Marco is taking all their Whoa Nellie's to the Texas Festival and will have them set up for Free Play. They are landing at $6,499.00 list NIB.

Please tell me you're joking.

At that price, Stern should just build the games one or two at a time as they are ordered. At that price, they may only need to build one or two.

#10 9 years ago

WOW... this has to be a joke...

#11 9 years ago

Thats the price of completed code

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Thats the price of completed code

bahahahaha !! Good one!

#13 9 years ago

Ouch, I bet that is the pricing for the one with a crate and the one without will be pro pricing. Either way to rich for me.

#14 9 years ago

Who told you that price?

#15 9 years ago

That's a shame, at that price there are going to be maybe double the amount that are out there currently.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Marco is taking all their Whoa Nellie's to the Texas Festival and will have them set up for Free Play. They are landing at $6,499.00 list NIB.

If that price is true….. I'm out and I bet a whole lot of others!
I hope that price is a joke

#17 9 years ago

$6500 is one of the reasons I'll probably just stick with "real" EMs.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$6500 is one of the reasons I'll probably just stick with "real" EMs.

Ya…. about a dozen of them!

#19 9 years ago

Guess they don't want to sell any.

#20 9 years ago

Stern is crazy like a fox. They come with this price for Juicy Mellons and sell 100 to die hard collectors and the next vault or new title pro for 5.5-6k will not look so bad.

#21 9 years ago

$6500.00 would probably be MSRP, but even at actual pricing, this is way more money than I ever would have expected.

No way are they going to sell these at that kind of price.

#22 9 years ago

Probably $7000.00 MSRP for the "Premium" crate addition.

#23 9 years ago

We have zero confirmation - or even evidence - on pricing and already the pitchforks are out.

You people are absolutely brutal and possess a zombie-like lust for blood.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We have zero confirmation - or even evidence - on pricing and already the pitchforks are out.
You people are absolutely brutal and possess a zombie-like lust for blood.

That's why I said "If that price is true"
I hope it's not!

#25 9 years ago

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpgSimpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg
#26 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Ya…. about a dozen of them!

Or three or four very nice ones.

#27 9 years ago

I'll hold out until there's an actual product to try; and actual prices (not just MSRPs). I'm interested to see how much game there is to WNBJM. I do love what I've seen so far, at least in terms of "kinetic art" - but still need to see how that translates into "fun" with the production run of the game.

I am kinda interested in an EM-style game. I think that it may be simple enough to capture the attention span of some of our guests, without being so overly complicated. I just grimace when TSPP attracts a n00b, and they get nearly completely lost. Or when they walk up to IMVE and they are just simply punished with high speed STDMs. For a n00b, a game *has* to be "accessible" to start, and not pure punishment. (IJ4 is the most popular of our lineup for our non-pinhead visitors).

While I think the EM-style game could be useful, I just don't want EM-style maintenance. EMs want to be played, or they need maintenance. I don't know that I want to commit to that. I don't want to go "Crap, I had a busy couple months, now I want to play but I have to file the contacts..". So the idea of a modern system driving the EM-style game is appealing to me.

#28 9 years ago

2012 retro pinball sold king of diamonds $3895 can't see people going higher then 4250/4500.Every $100 drop in price will be 5/10 more games sold

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I'll hold out until there's an actual product to try; and actual prices (not just MSRPs). I'm interested to see how much game there is to WNBJM. I do love what I've seen so far, at least in terms of "kinetic art" - but still need to see how that translates into "fun" with the production run of the game.
I am kinda interested in an EM-style game. I think that it may be simple enough to capture the attention span of some of our guests, without being so overly complicated. I just grimace when TSPP attracts a n00b, and they get nearly completely lost. Or when they walk up to IMVE and they are just simply punished with High Speed STDMs. For a n00b, a game *has* to be "accessible" to start, and not pure punishment. (IJ4 is the most popular of our lineup for our non-pinhead visitors).
While I think the EM-style game could be useful, I just don't want EM-style maintenance. EMs want to be played, or they need maintenance. I don't know that I want to commit to that. I don't want to go "Crap, I had a busy couple months, now I want to play but I have to file the contacts..". So the idea of a modern system driving the EM-style game is appealing to me.

There is usually Brads WNBJM at pin a go go every year if you have never played one, coming up in May.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

2012 retro pinball sold king of diamonds $3895 can't see people going higher then 4250/4500.Every $100 drop in price will be 5/10 more games sold

With modern systems and arguably one of the best EM designs ever, IMO. This is tough, if true.

#31 9 years ago

Is there going to be a machine at Allentown??

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

With modern systems and arguably one of the best EM designs ever, IMO. This is tough, if true.

There were some problems with this design as others have gone into.

The cabinet was really ugly and didn't fit with the rest of the retro game. And for $4,000 why wouldn't someone just get a mint restored original (or $3000 less for a really nice one?). It was also made in China. I've never bought a pinball machine that was made in china and I'm not gonna start now (for $4,000 no less).

King of Diamonds wasn't like MM in that there were a couple thousand people just waiting pay thousands of dollars for a mint/new one. It was a product created for a market that didn't exist.

It remains to be seen if there is a market for this new Melons game. But it isn't exactly apples to apples with KOD as it's an original design from top to bottom.

#33 9 years ago

I meant the design of the original game. =P

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I meant the design of the original game. =P

I know.

But again, why would people who love the design of the original game spend $4000 on a crappy looking remake when they could get a nice original - that actually looks like the game they know and love - for a fraction of the cost?

Just pointing out it's not apples to apples on this one. No idea how melons will do but it's not the same as KOD.

My personal opinion is it won't do well. Just look around here, this is where the new generation of pinheads are: Generally big spenders who only want DMD games.

And the old generation is way too cheap to go for Melons, which certainly will cost at least thousands of dollars more than they are used to spending on EMs. Ops certainly aren't gonna buy it - so where is the market?

Hope I'm wrong cause it looks cool but we'll see.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know.
But again, why would people who love the design of the original game spend $4000 on a crappy looking remake when they could get a nice original - that actually looks like the game they know and love - for a fraction of the cost?

/shrug.

Why would anyone spend 6k on Nellie, 10k on Tron LE, or any of the prices the "other guys" ask for games, aside from Spooky? None of that makes any sense to me, but it's happened, and will continue to happen.

I guarantee you if this comes out that it will be 6k and only like 50 made, they will get bought, if for no reason other than speculation.

#36 9 years ago

I was thinking $3,500 for this game. That's too bad the rumor has it at $6,500. Oh well no NIB for me probably until the fall.

#37 9 years ago

The MSRP on a Stern Pro is $6k. So if the MSRP on WNBJM is $500.00 more, you can probably make a reasonable estimate on what the actual cost will be.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I meant the design of the original game.

Now , I'm confused.

565f1.jpg565f1.jpg

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now , I'm confused.

565f1.jpg 216 KB

KOD, not Continental. Gotta look at the part I quoted for context.

Point was KOD was remade with one of the best layout ever in EMs, and it sold like crap. This is sounding like it will be at an even higher price point, with god-knows-what for control systems, etc etc.

It's hard to fathom ANYTHING which would make this game worth 4800+.

#40 9 years ago

Could be nice if the price is right

1966666_730524743646987_1676730828_n.jpg1966666_730524743646987_1676730828_n.jpg
#41 9 years ago

For me when it comes down to it, I like the old EM's and appreciate the nostalgia , heck I grew up playing them, but the newer machines are way more fun - much more to do, better sound, more challenging.

So for my $5 grand, I am going for a newer era machine.

I would be in for a replica EM or similar for maybe $2 grand - maybe.
I just think you would really get bored quickly with an EM in a home situation.
I just don't think there is a huge audience for them.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

KOD, not Continental. Gotta look at the part I quoted for context.

Point was KOD was remade with one of the best layout ever in EMs, and it sold like crap.

Oh yeah. I had a very very nice original KOD and it lasted about a month. A decent player, but far from the best layout ever IMO. They picked the wrong game to re-do. I would rather have a Continental Cafe.

153894-i.jpg153894-i.jpg

141494-i.jpg141494-i.jpg

#43 9 years ago

At $6500 my Woz delivered, shaker,invisaglass was a steal @7K. I would think 5k shipped is max otherwise keep it You can buy some really nice classic Em pins for $6500 !

#44 9 years ago

Free Nellie with every game

jm3.jpgjm3.jpg
#45 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Buyers should insist on a 3D Nellie at this price point.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

jm3.jpg 220 KB

Nellie is the horse. The featured blonde female is Melony. I've made the same mistake myself and I should know better because that home-grown WNBJM game you posted in your earlier post is my interpretation of the game.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Buyers should insist on a 3D Nellie at this price point.

In an effort to thwart the erroneous notion that Nellie is the blonde, please see my post above. Admittedly, Nellie is a very attractive horse, as horses go.

Earlier this week, I submitted a comprehensive article about my home-grown Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons journey, which should publish to the Pinside Community section within the next week or so. The article is entitled: Home-Grown Big Juicy Melons In The Garden State (Letting The Reins Go Free On Nellie). Hopefully, the proliferation of the Nellie myth will cease. Meanwhile, any Pinsiders near Philly or southern NJ who wish to stop by my gameroom to play my Whoa Nellie, feel free to send me a private message.

#49 9 years ago

Here are some photos of the EM home-grown Whoa Nellie game. I equipped the game with a vintage Gottlieb chime unit.
Image 22.jpgImage 22.jpg
Image 8.jpgImage 8.jpg
Image 7.jpgImage 7.jpg
Image 13.jpgImage 13.jpg
Image 5.jpgImage 5.jpg

#50 9 years ago

I will say that it's certainly beautiful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.