daisy-duke-girl-20.jpg
daisy-dukes-shorts-4_thumb.jpg
daisy-500-11.jpg
1377565197_Daisy-Dukes.jpg
4a496f4b53567d63ba73b1563db852c3f4b38cd4.jpg
968full-40-drool-inducing-photos-of-hotties-in-daisy-dukes.jpg
$_12.JPG
10-28-2014 9-45-02 PM.jpg
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 9 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10152767660474244

Whoa Nellie! Stern and Whizbang Pinball Bring Melon Season Early This Year!
World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Games Announces New Partnership to Bring Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM Pinball
Machine to The Market
MELROSE PARK, IL – October 16, 2014 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, announced today its new partnership with Whizbang Pinball LLC to build and distribute Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM pinball in the spring of 2015.
Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM pinball takes players on a journey through the Mellon Family farm renowned for abundant produce. Players shoot for and score points on the farm operated by the lovely Melony Mellon and her twin sisters while avoiding the wrath of their over-protective shotgun-wielding father. The colorful easy-to-learn game features a fun classically-styled pinball playfield tuned for a balance of randomness and skilled shooting challenges that rewards players of all skill levels.
“We wanted to create a game that everyone can enjoy, so we started with a more accessible layout from a classic era of pinball,” said Dennis Nordman, co-founder of Whizbang Pinball and famed pinball industry design veteran. “This is the first new electro-mechanical style game in over 35 years.”
Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM pinball delivers the most tactile pinball experience since the advent of electronic pinball with real bells, mechanical score reels, a solid state control system, and a digital soundtrack. This unique blend of classic and modern technologies creates a new breed of pinball machine that presents pinball as an art form while maintaining the reliability and serviceability of modern commercial pinball machines. The playfield, backglass, and cabinet art and styling, central to the game’s unique visual quality, feature detailed original characters and fresh hand-drawn artwork that blend elements of mid-century pin-up art and classic pinball themes.
“Stylistically, this is a mash-up of fruit crate labels, classic pinball and retro pin-up art,” said Greg Freres, co-founder of Whizbang Pinball. “We’re very excited to be working with the professional team at Stern Pinball on this project.”
Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM offers many unique features including:
● Original throwback-style playfield designed by Dennis Nordman
● Original hand-drawn graphics by Greg Freres featuring fresh fruit, a cool truck
and the robust Mellon family
● A unique, durable, weathered fruit crate cabinet design
● Illuminated mechanical score reels
● Retro-style bumper caps and flipper bats
● Dual-action bullseye melon targets
● Two old-time pinball bells and a real cow bell
● The return of “The Knocker”
● Crushed beer cans included for the perfect playfield angle
“This game is an entertaining unique blend of vibrant art, classic pinball, and modern technology that’s sure to stand out in any collection” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball. “If you want something different in your line-up, this is it!”
Pricing and Availability:
Pricing will be announced later this year.
Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM pinball games will be produced by Stern Pinball in the spring of 2015. For more information and to reserve your game, please contact any authorized Stern distributor or dealer, or send an email to: [email protected]
Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM merchandise and accessories will be available at the Stern Shop in the spring of 2015.

#2 9 years ago

I like that this is getting made! such a cool game.

#3 9 years ago

Nice!

#4 9 years ago

Whoa Nellie with bigger melons, and a melons bash toy.

#5 9 years ago

I'd hit it.

#6 9 years ago

So how much will this EM style game be?

Super slick, but mostly for the artwork and everything. Game seems to look boring after a while, no?

#7 9 years ago

After you hit the bash toy a few times, a scene with a guy sucking on melons is shown on the screen.

#9 9 years ago

If this is a hit then maybe PPS can remake Wonderland.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So how much will this EM style game be?
Super slick, but mostly for the artwork and everything. Game seems to look boring after a while, no?

Plenty to enjoy with EM style games. I'm very curious to see the price too.

The only Woah Nellie I've played is the original rethemed EM, haven't tried one with the new electronics.

#11 9 years ago

definately needs bouncing melons to and 'fro in the DMD at some point. Like when Playboy shows you the match number at end but better

#12 9 years ago

I would never have guessed this in a million years, very cool.

I have played one, it's a really fun game! Hope the price isn't insane.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

definately needs bouncing melons to and 'fro in the DMD at some point.

Uhhhhh........

Quoted from Quiddity:

Illuminated mechanical score reels

Quoted from Quiddity:

The return of “The Knocker”

#14 9 years ago

Can't wait to see the topper for this one.

#15 9 years ago

Very cool, but would be even better if Stern re-ran some of their classic, early solid state games....

#16 9 years ago

I had my sights set on an Iron Man VE... but I'm rethinking that, slightly. I love me some melons.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A pair of perfect melons with or without coverage option.

#18 9 years ago

Anyone know if its going to look the same as the ones already made? or are they changing things up?

#19 9 years ago

Thats awesome! Kind of glad I didn't buy the original (thought hard about it, buddy of mine did)

#20 9 years ago

This is good news! I will be sure to tell my operator friends to buy it for their routes.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I had my sights set on an Iron Man VE... but I'm rethinking that, slightly. I love me some melons.

Says the person that told me she'd only sell Jackbot to get IMVE and expects the other half of the money to appear out of thin air...

#22 9 years ago

great game got to play it back at the ohio show and it was such a great game!! I dont think they will have a hard time selling these!!

#23 9 years ago

Heck, I'll be selling my TronLE for this one.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heck, I'll be selling my TronLE for this one.

How about an LE version with natural melons/no coverage.

#25 9 years ago

Well, everyone kept asking for a game to ship with finished code. Here ya go.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It would be a couple of big boobs that bounce around like the fish on Fishtales.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

It would be a couple of big boobs that bounce around like the fish on Fishtales.

Those are going to be some noisy boobs!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Sound effects with a woman moaning.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Game seems to look boring after a while, no?

I played this at PAGG this year. I couldn't walk away from it. EM game with high-res artwork and modern components. Yay!

This one will be hard to resist.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Anyone know if its going to look the same as the ones already made? or are they changing things up?

The pic on Facebook looks pretty much exactly like the original design.

#31 9 years ago

Ok so.. Stern is making MMR, now Whoa Nellie....what will they do next....

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

stern-confirms-mlp-2015.jpgstern-confirms-mlp-2015.jpg
#33 9 years ago

hobbit?

#34 9 years ago

Twilight Zone 2.0

#35 9 years ago

what will they do next....

Quoted from Quiddity:

Two old-time pinball bells and a real cow bell

#36 9 years ago

This is one of the best parts. Seriously, the Stern speaker beep is the worst sound in pinball. While it signifies good results, the way it does it is terrible. The smacking echo is pretty much the best sound in the game.

#37 9 years ago

Whoa Beaver...

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is one of the best parts. Seriously, the Stern speaker beep is the worst sound in pinball. While it signifies good results, the way it does it is terrible. The smacking echo is pretty much the best sound in the game.

It almost seems as theyre going for the whole "Knocker" pun - so maybe theres more to it?

#39 9 years ago

Maybe they could have one in every Cracker Barrel gift shop.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Maybe they could have one in every Cracker Barrel gift shop.

They can ask u if you would like to purchase a Nellie after they ask u how u like ur eggs.
Sunny-side up...

#41 9 years ago

If the price is reasonable for an EM... it's an EM, right? I'm gonna get one.

Curious to see:
-price
-is only one version or again this pro, premium, LE nonsense
-can you buy it from Whizbang? or need to go trough a Stern distributor or what?

#42 9 years ago

Price is going to be the thing I'm most curious about.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

it's an EM, right?

Basically. But with solid state boards to replace relays and such I believe.

#44 9 years ago

Yep, I love seeing this, but the thing I'm most curious about is price.

Let the guessing begin!

#45 9 years ago

"Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy MelonsTM pinball delivers the most tactile pinball experience since the advent of electronic pinball with real bells, mechanical score reels, a solid state control system, and a digital soundtrack."

A "digital soundtrack"?

What does that mean? Music? Call outs? That doesn't sound very EM like.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A "digital soundtrack"?

Ouch!

#47 9 years ago

Love it!! It has been on my wish list since June 9, 2013. Love at first sight. Hubba Hubba. A 1955 Chevy Pickup and Big Juicy Melons.....what's not to LOVE? It is about time that the 1954 Gottlieb Daisy May themed artwork is back for us to enjoy!!! Great Job!! What is next, artwork themed from Gottlieb's Frontiersman? Double sweet!!

#48 9 years ago

Joseph Lemire of New England Pinball of Facebook posted these with Stern?

967822_10205311297651576_970850919_n.jpg967822_10205311297651576_970850919_n.jpg 10743243_10205311291011410_551452520_n.jpg10743243_10205311291011410_551452520_n.jpg
#49 9 years ago

Sounds like background music to me. Why would you do digital sounds effects on an EM-ish machine that's got two bells and a cowbell. I mean, it sounds to me like you'd just settle for MORE COWBELL, RIGHT?

#50 9 years ago

EM and SS fans rejoice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 420 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.