(Topic ID: 197374)

Who would pay to have manufacturers install Cliffy's on NIB machines?

By PtownPin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by UltraPeepi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you pay $100-$150 to have Cliffy's installed during the manufacturing process?”

• Yes 42 votes
      67%
    • No 21 votes
      33%

(63 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Depends what/where/how many there are. I'm not paying for a shooter lane protector or shit like that.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

really why? the only reason you install Cliffy's is to protect certain areas of your game, and thats clearly an area that gets a lot of abuse...for $20 it seems like a no brainer...

Because I'm not spending $20 on something that isn't needed (that's how they get ya! ).
    I have owned 20 games ranging from 1965 to last week. Having a dent in the shooter lane doesn't make a tear roll down my eye, it's going to happen. I only have 1 machine that shooter lane that's really bad, like it looks like a chisel was taken to it...and the thing works fine.
    I understand diaper-rubbing is gaining even more steam now that the price of games keeps increasing, but there's a point you have to stop. I'm not paying for a shooter lane protector, I'm not paying for a protector for the skill shot switch area you can;t see in DI...other areas like the chipping, cracking, chucking in the sim card hole yes.

EDIT: That's not even getting into the idea as stated below that I'm not going to pay someone more for something I can do myself. Because it isn't going to be just $20 to add it...it's never that easy. A la cart mods are going to add time & price to machines.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

The lip on Cliffy protectors have very little affect on game play. I have them on all my machines and theres zero impact.

Game by game. Some are noticeably harder some make no diff'rence.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-pay-to-have-manufacturers-install-cliffys-on-nib-machines?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.